Show question for same ship 1 year later

Hello,

Just a question about shows on ships and if they change them each year? We would like to go on the same 8 day cruise in March of 2014 on the Independence and would hope that the shows would be different.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you:)

Hello,

Just a question about shows on ships and if they change them each year? We would like to go on the same 8 day cruise in March of 2014 on the Independence and would hope that the shows would be different.

Same production shows, different headliner (comedians, singers, magicians, jugglers, ball twirlers, etc.) shows.

Same production shows, different headliner (comedians, singers, magicians, jugglers, ball twirlers, etc.) shows.

Thank you for letting us know. I would guess that would mean the only show that would be the same is the "once apon a time" show. All the others would be new which would be great.

Thanks again

Hello,

Production shows featuring the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers will most likely be the same as you saw during your previous cruise. The productions are extremely expensive to mount and usually remain on a ship for several years at a minimum. Casts will change periodically so you may enjoy the performance of one group more than another.(A member of the RCI singers and dancers once told me that a passenger had complimented her and her cast members by saying that they were much better than the cast he had seen onboard several months earlier. She said that she didn't have the heart to tell him that they had seen the same cast who had only just come onboard and had not yet gained the experience that came from performing their roles over a number of performances) Celebrity headliners (comics, singers, magicians, jugglers etc.) change regularly (sometimes weekly) so it is likely that you won't see an exactly the same list of entertainers on your next cruise, although some performers work on various ships over the course of a year. You can email Royal Caribbean closer to your sailing date (web_reservations@rccl.com)- remember to include an underscore _ between the words "web" and "reservations") and they will let you know who or what groups are scheduled to perform during your cruise. While their information is subject to last minute changes, I have found them to be pretty accurate whenever I have asked for this information.

There are usually more than enough alternatives so that you won't suffer from a lack of other options if you should elect to skip a show or a performer that you have seen previously.

Most of the production shows last 5 years or more on a ship due the cost and complexity involved with the logistics regarding sets and cast. So it all depends on when the show began on a given ship as to when it would change - and not sure when the show last March on Indy originated.

Thank you for letting us know. I would guess that would mean the only show that would be the same is the "once apon a time" show. All the others would be new which would be great.

Thanks again

Actually, on the 8 day itinerary, there are 3 different productions shows.

The one you mentioned, "Invitation to Dance" (apology to OB), and another I can't recall.

I agree that the shows were excellent. I would enjoy seeing them again. My wife and I were completely blown away with the costumes and overall performances.:)

We have been spoiled by the shows royal has now so it make the last all inclusive resort shows we saw three years in a row less intising in comparison(and yes they were all exactly the same 3 years straight).

We can now say we are hooked on cruises and can hardly wait till our next.:)

Archived