UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Just got back from the Grandeur of the Seas 1/11/14 sailing yesterday and we had Jefferey Arpin. I know that's known already but I wanted to let everyone know that he was great. It should be noted that like the previous commenters mentioned he is not very present at the cruise director staff events like the 50's & 60's Sock Hop or the 70's Disco Inferno but the events he did do were great. The Belly Flop contest that he hosted with Daryl had to be the most entertaining one I've seen. His farewell show was hands down the best I've ever seen. I don't think I saw him use graphics or technology a single time during the sailing, everything is done off the cuff keeping it all very fresh and relevant which is the top requirement of a great CD. Even his pre and post evening show speeches were usually hilarious and always done in the moment. I would certainly love to see him be a little more involved in the party events, but as a host he is certainly top notch and I would be happy to sail with him again.

As an aside Daryl was as great as everyone said he would be. So much energy in everything he does and he seemed to have a great Odd Couple relationship going with Jefferey. The two could not be more opposite but made it work.

I'm the one that posted earlier. Glad to hear that you enjoyed him. Looking at your review I think part of the difference is in the style of cruising and the fact that I've done Grandeur 25 times. The shows, especially production, are the same as they he were in 2005 therefore I'm doing other things. I have, however, seen the cd's in the parties both on Grander and other ships. In fact on 60 cruises he's been the only one I haven't seen involved in them. I've also seen the other cd's walking around the ship talking to passengers. He may have done it and I just missed it.

Just got back from the Grandeur of the Seas 1/11/14 sailing yesterday and we had Jefferey Arpin. I know that's known already but I wanted to let everyone know that he was great. It should be noted that like the previous commenters mentioned he is not very present at the cruise director staff events like the 50's & 60's Sock Hop or the 70's Disco Inferno but the events he did do were great. The Belly Flop contest that he hosted with Daryl had to be the most entertaining one I've seen. His farewell show was hands down the best I've ever seen. I don't think I saw him use graphics or technology a single time during the sailing, everything is done off the cuff keeping it all very fresh and relevant which is the top requirement of a great CD. Even his pre and post evening show speeches were usually hilarious and always done in the moment. I would certainly love to see him be a little more involved in the party events, but as a host he is certainly top notch and I would be happy to sail with him again.

As an aside Daryl was as great as everyone said he would be. So much energy in everything he does and he seemed to have a great Odd Couple relationship going with Jefferey. The two could not be more opposite but made it work.

I was on this cruise as well. My thoughts on Jeffrey were that he was mediocre. :o Just an example of how people on the same cruise come away with different thoughts.

I do agree that he and Darryl were a great combo but thought it was because of Darryl's dynamics.

Just my humble opinion!

Darryl was the Activities Manager on the Jewel of the Seas on my Feb 2013 cruise. He was just as fabulous as the previous posters describe on Grandeur. Maybe RC will consider him as a CD in the future. Never gave the Activities Manager much thought until Darryl. The next cruise we went on, the lack of enthusiasm and originality that Activities Manager had was really noticable.

Liberty of the Seas.

Last week Rich Edwards told me that he would be returning

to Liberty of the Seas after 2 months off.

Also seemed....not 100% sure that

Amy Fickert would be taking over on Feb 10th.

Back on Liberty tomorrow....will try to get an update.

:cool:

Hi donna ken got back to me he said jimmy Will be the first cruise director ON her,yes ken Will be there but not as a cruise director he Will be back stage.he said if anything changes Will try to post it ON his page

Thanks so much for your efforts to get the info for us. I really appreciate it.

Edited by DonnaK

Liberty of the Seas.

Last week Rich Edwards told me that he would be returning

to Liberty of the Seas after 2 months off.

Also seemed....not 100% sure that

Amy Fickert would be taking over on Feb 10th.

Back on Liberty tomorrow....will try to get an update.

Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it!

Which is unclear - that Amy is the one covering Rich's break, or the Feb 10th handover date?

Edited by DonnaK

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Lafuente started January 19 (until when? Then who?)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush Nov 24 until sometime in February, then Allan Brooks. (need handover date)

Anthem OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team (Ken Rush and ?) for the first 6-8 weeks, then Joff Eaton is expected to be the regular CD of this ship.

Brilliance OTS - Clo O'Connor November 23 until January 24, then Steve Davis from January 24 until the end of May

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 for approx 4 months. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Marc's break (John Blair? Simona? Someone else?), followed by Marc for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Leigh's break (John Blair? Simona? Someone else?), followed by Leigh for another 4 months

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from December 22 through mid-late February. (exact date? then who?)

Grandeur OTS - Jeffrey Arpin from November 26 through January 31. Ricky Matthews will return January 31 for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning on May 17 through Sept 2014 (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles from January 11 until March 15. Then Carly Boileau returns on March 15 for 4 months, followed by Dennis for 2 months.

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 until January 24. Paul Rutter January 24 until March 17. Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 10, and returning in approx. 2 months after his break. (Is Amy Fickert still filling in from Feb 10 until April 27, or has she been reassigned?)

Majesty OTS - Jerome Sueur started December 6. Mitch Merucci returns from his break in mid-February (need handover date)

Mariner OTS - Gordon Whatman begins January 20 for 7 weeks (until March 10? Then who? Dan Whitney?)

Navigator OTS - Ship returns from drydock on Feb 5. John Perry will be CD until Feb 16. Then, who will be filling in as CD until John Perry returns from his break? (John Blair? Simona?)

Oasis OTS - Allan Brooks until Feb 8, then Jimmy Rhodes from Feb 8 until March 8. Then, Drew Devine March 8 through May 17. Then, Rico duBriel May 17 through July 19. Then Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert began on November 16 until Feb 3 (who will be her replacement?)

Rhapsody OTS - Ken Jones Nov 19 through Feb 1. Graham Seymour returns from his break on Feb 1 for 6 months through August 1 (per Graham: Ken is a Canadian gent, funny, great stage presence)

Serenade OTS - Topi Ylönen November 25 until March 16, then Anthony Richards.

Splendour OTS - João Pereira started Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Rico du Breil for the Panama season, Nov 11 through April 26

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

(If anyone knows the whereabouts of other former RCI cruise directors, I'd be happy to add them to the end of this list, as there seems to be a lot of questions about them)

Edited by DonnaK

I was on this cruise as well. My thoughts on Jeffrey were that he was mediocre. :o Just an example of how people on the same cruise come away with different thoughts.

I do agree that he and Darryl were a great combo but thought it was because of Darryl's dynamics.

Just my humble opinion!

Same cruise. I did not like Jeffrey. He had no presence, no charisma, no talent. Dry as cardboard!

But Darryl......what is he on!!!!!! He reminds me of the energizer bunny:D. Loved Frieda and Hermena!

Edited by Arzeena

Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate it!

Which is unclear - that Amy is the one covering Rich's break, or the Feb 10th handover date?

Hi,

It wasn't 100% sure that Amy was covering the break

but will let you know any updates on Monday.

Does anyone have any feedback on Steve Davis? It looks like he'll be taking the Brilliance back to Harwich on the TA.

Clo was the CD on the last TA I took, and she was brilliant! The CD plays such an important roll in TAs, and I'm hoping Steve can keep us as busy as Clo did!

We enjoyed Steve Davis as CD on our Brilliance cruises in fall 2013. We thought he was energetic, engaging, talented and provided lot's of activities for all to enjoy. We did the fall TA, 2 Canada/Ne cruises and the Boston/Tampa repo.

Simona Ferraiuolo about an hour ago near Santo Amaro, Brazil

To all my Navigator friends, sadly I won't be coming back no more... Majesty will be my next home, starting from Feb the 10th...New adventure for me....anyone else on MJ?!

Hi donna simona just posted ON Facebook she Will be join the majesty ON feb 10 that Will be her ship.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush Nov 24 until sometime in February, then Allan Brooks. (need handover date)

Anthem OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team (Ken Rush and ?) for the first 6-8 weeks, then Joff Eaton is expected to be the regular CD of this ship.

Brilliance OTS - Clo O'Connor November 23 until January 24, then Steve Davis from January 24 until the end of May

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 for approx 4 months. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Marc's break (John Blair? Someone else?), followed by Marc for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Leigh's break (John Blair? Someone else?), followed by Leigh for another 4 months

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from December 22 through mid-late February. (exact date? then who?)

Grandeur OTS - Jeffrey Arpin from November 26 through January 31. Ricky Matthews will return January 31 for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton November 2 to the end of March (exact date?). Joff will be returning on May 17 through Sept 2014 (Fill-in for April and May 2014 not yet known).

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles from January 11 until March 15. Then Carly Boileau returns on March 15 for 4 months, followed by Dennis for 2 months.

Legend OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 30 until January 24. Paul Rutter January 24 until March 17. Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards Oct 6 until Feb 10, and returning in approx. 2 months after his break. (Is Amy Fickert still filling in from Feb 10 until April 27, or has she been reassigned?)

Majesty OTS - Jerome Sueur started December 6 until February 10, then Simona Ferraiuolo.

Mariner OTS - Gordon Whatman begins January 20 for 7 weeks (until March 10? Then who? Dan Whitney?)

Navigator OTS - Ship returns from drydock on Feb 5. John Perry will be CD until Feb 16. Then, who will be filling in as CD until John Perry returns from his break? (John Blair?)

Oasis OTS - Allan Brooks until Feb 8, then Jimmy Rhodes from Feb 8 until March 8. Then, Drew Devine March 8 through May 17. Then, Rico duBriel May 17 through July 19. Then Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Radiance OTS - Amy Fickert began on November 16 until Feb 3 (who will be her replacement?)

Rhapsody OTS - Ken Jones Nov 19 through Feb 1. Graham Seymour returns from his break on Feb 1 for 6 months through August 1 (per Graham: Ken is a Canadian gent, funny, great stage presence)

Voyager OTS - Luke Aerowsmith October 24 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

(If anyone knows the whereabouts of other former RCI cruise directors, I'd be happy to add them to the end of this list, as there seems to be a lot of questions about them)

Edited by DonnaK

Now we need to find where is Mitch's next ship

Just a guess, but a few pages back, someone said that John Blair mentioned that NV is his next ship. Now that we know Simona isn't going over to Navigator, that opens up the spot for John, and maybe Mitch Merucci is going to take over the fill-ins on EX and EN that John had been doing.

Edited by DonnaK

Simona Ferraiuolo about an hour ago near Santo Amaro, Brazil

To all my Navigator friends, sadly I won't be coming back no more... Majesty will be my next home, starting from Feb the 10th...New adventure for me....anyone else on MJ?!

I wonder where Mictch is going,my guess mybe the freedom.allt off changes is happing since Richard and dave left.

Mitch will be on the Navigator Feb-April and then on the Enchantment from May to July

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 until mid-May. Mitch Merucci will be filling-in from mid-May until mid-July, followed by Marc for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb October 5 until February 9. Then, who will be doing the 2 month fill-in to cover Leigh's break (John Blair? Someone else?), followed by Leigh for another 4 months

Majesty OTS - Jerome Sueur started December 6 until February 10, then Simona Ferraiuolo.

Navigator OTS - Ship returns from drydock on Feb 5. John Perry will be CD until Feb 16. Then, Mitch Merucci will be filling in until John Perry returns from his break in mid-April.

Can anyone traveling on EX soon find out who will be the next CD when Leigh's break starts in Feb? Will Leigh be returning to EX after his break, or will he be reassigned?

Can someone traveling on Freedom soon find out who will be the new regular CD of that ship after Mike's break begins in Feb?

Can someone find out who will be replacing Amy on Radiance in Feb?