UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Just got off Allure yesterday and can confirm that Allan Brooks is indeed the CD.

And we LOVED him! As much as we enjoyed Ken Rush on the last Allure cruise, I think Allan has him beat by a bit. Allan probably plays better to a younger crowd as some of his humor and entertainment is quite silly (e.g., parody video to the rap song "I'm on a Boat", parody commercials for the snuggie)

Would sail again with Allan in a heartbeat. Had a great time all around

he was CD on one of the cruises we did.

Probably the worst CD we have encountered, he just went through the motions. Not a patch on Graham Seymour or Jimmy Rhodes.

However makes little or no difference to our enjoyment of cruising and everyones opinion / expectations are different..

he was CD on one of the cruises we did.

Probably the worst CD we have encountered, he just went through the motions. Not a patch on Graham Seymour or Jimmy Rhodes.

However makes little or no difference to our enjoyment of cruising and everyones opinion / expectations are different..

which CD are you referring to?

On our last day on Freedom, June 30, a member of Adventure Ocean made a passing comment that we were lucky to have Richard Spacey still, as he was going on break soon or leaving the ship? Is there any confirmation with this as truth?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just got off Allure yesterday and can confirm that Allan Brooks is indeed the CD.

And we LOVED him! As much as we enjoyed Ken Rush on the last Allure cruise, I think Allan has him beat by a bit. Allan probably plays better to a younger crowd as some of his humor and entertainment is quite silly (e.g., parody video to the rap song "I'm on a Boat", parody commercials for the snuggie)

Would sail again with Allan in a heartbeat. Had a great time all around

Yup, he works well on the big ship as well. He's at all of the events and laces up his skates for one of the ice shows. I have to admit that I watched the Babbling Brooks show on occasion. :D

On our last day on Freedom, June 30, a member of Adventure Ocean made a passing comment that we were lucky to have Richard Spacey still, as he was going on break soon or leaving the ship? Is there any confirmation with this as truth?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Richard just posted on FB that he leaves on July 8th and returns on August 23rd. These days are not Freedom sailing days, but I would imagine he will leave Freedom on July 7th, and start vacation on the 8th and then finish vacation on August 23rd and rejoin Freedom on August 25th

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4 (until when?)

Mercedes mentioned at the end of the final night's performance of last week's cruise itinerary that she was going to be disembarking the Legend of the Seas with us on June 29th. Not sure who is replacing her.

Oh dear :( one of my friends just told me she's going on her first cruise ever next week, on the Freedom. And she'll apparently be stuck with Mike H. He was my CD on the Navigator a couple years ago and I thought he was just blah. Hopefully my friend will still have fun. Oh geez, and I told her to not miss the Quest. Mike H's quest was by far the worst one I've ever been to.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until August 4

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known). Leigh should return in early October

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey April 14 through July 7. Richard expects to return from his break on August 25. Mike Hunnerup will be filling in from July 7 through August 25.

Grandeur OTS - Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton returns May 26 through September 7.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes disembarked on June 29. Who is the current CD?

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from May 17 until July 19, then Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20, then Mitch returns December 20

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season, then Gordon Whatman for the repositioning and for the Australian season.

Can anyone help with one or two of these?

What is the exact date Leigh's break begins, and John takes over the CD duties on Explorer?

What is the exact date Carly's break begins, and Denis takes over the CD duties on Jewel? (should be very soon)

Who is the CD on Legend, since Mercedes started her break on June 29?

How much longer will Rich be onboard Liberty, and who will be the next CD? (should be very soon)

How much longer will Jimmy be onboard Mariner, and who will be the next CD?

How much longer will Simona be onboard Navigator, and who will be the next CD?

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until August 4

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known). Leigh should return in early October

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - Who will be CD from July 12 through Aug 16? Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown) Can someone confirm the changeover date?

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from May 17 until July 19, then Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20, then Mitch returns December 20

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season, then Gordon Whatman for the repositioning and for the Australian season.

Who is returning from the Jewel this weekend? Is Carly still onboard? Did she give any indication of when her break begins, and when Dennis will be starting?

Can someone find out who the CD on Legend is?

Can anyone find out who will be CD on Grandeur when it re-enters service next week?

Is Rich still on Liberty? Any indication of when his break starts, and who will be the next CD?

How about Mariner and Navigator? Any info on when the next CD changeover will occur, and who will be the next CD?

Donna, I see Ken Rush returns to Allure on August 4th. How long do you think he will stay with the fact he will eventually be going to the Quantum? I've heard many good comments about Ken and I sailed Allure last year with Alan Brooks who was great also. I go back on Allure on Sept. 15th this year so it will be nice to experience Ken Rush. Thanks for any info you can give me and you do a great job keeping up with this thread! :)

Donna, I see Ken Rush returns to Allure on August 4th. How long do you think he will stay with the fact he will eventually be going to the Quantum? I've heard many good comments about Ken and I sailed Allure last year with Alan Brooks who was great also. I go back on Allure on Sept. 15th this year so it will be nice to experience Ken Rush. Thanks for any info you can give me and you do a great job keeping up with this thread! :)

I think you have an excellent chance of having Ken. It's unlikely that his next contract will be for less than 2 months on.

We sail on Freedom the 8th of December. If Richard Spacey returns on the 25th of August,what are the chances he will be there for our sailing. 1st cruise and I have read great comments on him. Would love to see him. Thanks

We sail on Freedom the 8th of December. If Richard Spacey returns on the 25th of August,what are the chances he will be there for our sailing. 1st cruise and I have read great comments on him. Would love to see him. Thanks

He usually does 4 months on and 2 months off, so he'll likely be "on" until around Christmastime.

Edited by DonnaK

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - Who will be CD from July 12 through Aug 16? Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown) Can someone confirm the changeover date?

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23