UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

I can confirm that Rich is leaving for his break starting Aug. 4th, with Jerome filling in as CD (his first time as CD), but definitely seems suited for the job). I have no idea who is filling in for Jerome. My information came straight from the "horse's mouth" (Rich E.) as we walked and talked during the Wishes At Sea walk.

Looking back at the old CD thread, Jerome actually filled in as CD last year for a short time.

The fill in is this Cuddy gentleman. There was a lot if great entertainment staff on that ship. Denis from Slovenia, Frieda from Sweden. No shortage of future cruise directors!

Yeay............Cuddy is on The Liberty, nice Guy and he will be a good support to Jerome, used to like him when he teamed up with Kieron Buffrey.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28 (can someone please confirm the handover)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis returned from break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Sept 13. Ricky Matthews September 13 thru November 26th, then Ricky will return sometime in January for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Rico du Breil started June 29.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 until August 4. Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD beginning Aug 4(Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until August 31. Mitch Merucci returns as MJ's regular CD on August 31 until December 13.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21 (can someone find out who will be the covering CD)

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews July 30 though early September

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Edited by DonnaK

Hi Donna, is it to early to ask who the CD will be on Freedom Dec 1 2013?

Although not confirmed yet, it will very likely be Richard Spacey. He should be returning on August 25, and his contracts are usually 4 months, which should bring him right up to about Christmas time.

Ricky Matthews is no longer on the Oasis schedule. His new home is the GR beginning September 13 thru November 26th. And then returning to GR in January for four months. 6

Just wondering if anyone had any word on this one. I'm on the Nov 9th sailing and am curious who our CD will be. :)

Following too. I will be on the Oasis of the Seas from October 26th thru November 2nd and would love to know our cruise director!!

Keep checking back...we're working on this one. We only found out 2 days ago that Ricky Matthews, who was supposed to be covering Amy Fickert's break, has been reassigned to Grandeur. It might take a little while to find out who will be replacing him.

Maybe someone traveling on Oasis this week or in the next few weeks can find out from Amy or another reliable source on the ship. Or, is anyone in contact with her via social media? (Her Facebook page is easy to find, if someone wants to send her a private message)

Edited by DonnaK

According to a post of his on Facebook, Luke is still with Royal Caribbean, "Just still chasing the dream to be a fire fighter. Probably still a long way off sadly"

As far as the Blair's... can't help with end date for them on Explorer as all I know is they will THANKFULLY be off the ship when I get on for my Thanksgiving cruise.

They are currently on the ship, but not acting in an official capacity. Wondering if that means the handover might happen at the end of this current cruise?

Doesn't Luke Arrowsmith work as a CD for Royal Caribbean anymore? He was the CD on Indy when we cruised on her.

According to a post of his on Facebook, Luke is still with Royal Caribbean, "Just still chasing the dream to be a fire fighter. Probably still a long way off sadly"

As far as the Blair's... can't help with end date for them on Explorer as all I know is they will THANKFULLY be off the ship when I get on for my Thanksgiving cruise.

They are currently on the ship, but not acting in an official capacity. Wondering if that means the handover might happen at the end of this current cruise?

Could be. Leigh is due back from his break any day now.

Keep checking back...we're working on this one. We only found out 2 days ago that Ricky Matthews, who was supposed to be covering Amy Fickert's break, has been reassigned to Grandeur. It might take a little while to find out who will be replacing him.

Maybe someone traveling on Oasis this week or in the next few weeks can find out from Amy or another reliable source on the ship. Or, is anyone in contact with her via social media? (Her Facebook page is easy to find, if someone wants to send her a private message)

Oasis is big so it's hard to make contact. I'll try to remember to make the attempt this Saturday - sometime during the week. Sometimes someone on the CD staff is easy to ask but they don't always seem to know. I was surprised on our last OA cruise when a staff member told me there are so many people on the staff that they didn't know them all. How many CD staff members can there be? Maybe they were new. Either way, I'll do my best.

Gina

Oasis is big so it's hard to make contact. I'll try to remember to make the attempt this Saturday - sometime during the week. Sometimes someone on the CD staff is easy to ask but they don't always seem to know. I was surprised on our last OA cruise when a staff member told me there are so many people on the staff that they didn't know them all. How many CD staff members can there be? Maybe they were new. Either way, I'll do my best.

Gina

Thanks for offering to try, Gina. I appreciate it!

Could be. Leigh is due back from his break any day now.

Obviously, I meant to say that Leigh is due to TAKE his break any day now! lol

That's what happens when I sneak onto CC when I am at work!

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28 (can someone please confirm the handover)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis returned from break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please confirm the handover?). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Sept 13. Ricky Matthews September 13 thru November 26th, then Ricky will return sometime in January for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 until August 4. Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD beginning Aug 4(Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until August 31. Mitch Merucci returns as MJ's regular CD on August 31 until December 13.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21 (can someone find out who will be the covering CD)

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Gina

I am going ON the oasis ON August 31 Ill try to find out

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please confirm the handover?). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Any weekend updates? There are some handovers which need confirmation:

Allure: Has Ken returned from his break?

Explorer: Has Leigh started his break?

Is Jimmy still on Mariner?

Is Simona still on Navigator?

We just got off the Explorer today.

Explorer: Leigh has started his break as of August 3 and John Blair has signed on with his wife Katrina. Leigh's Activity Manager, Frankie Portela has also signed off as of today and we've been told he will be going to the Oasis (I don't know when though).

Just left Explorer in Bayonne this morning after a 9-day. Leigh's farewell was last night (August 2). John and his wife Katrina were on board the entire cruise spotted several times in the back watching shows. I assume he (and she as Activities Director) took over with today's 6-day Bermuda sailing. (August 3). From Leigh's comments at the farewell show last night it sounded like he was not returning to Explorer.

We just got off the Explorer today. Explorer: Leigh has started his break as of August 3 and John Blair has signed on with his wife Katrina. Leigh's Activity Manager, Frankie Portela has also signed off as of today and we've been told he will be going to the Oasis (I don't know when though).

Just left Explorer in Bayonne this morning after a 9-day. Leigh's farewell was last night (August 2). John and his wife Katrina were on board the entire cruise spotted several times in the back watching shows. I assume he (and she as Activities Director) took over with today's 6-day Bermuda sailing. (August 3). From Leigh's comments at the farewell show last night it sounded like he was not returning to Explorer.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine starts on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started July 28

Explorer OTS - John (and Katrina) Blair started August 3 for approximately 2 months. (Leigh Xuereb was scheduled to return in early October however this may have changed, so it needs confirmation). (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Liberty OTS - Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD beginning Aug 4 (Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Edited by DonnaK

While Steve Davis may have returned to the Brilliance on July 16th as you have noted, friends who sailed on that ship from July 14th through July 27th, returned with Cruise Compasses that show that Keith Williams was the CD for their entire cruise, so the earliest that he might have taken over was July 27th. Perhaps someone currently on Brilliance can confirm.:)

While Steve Davis may have returned to the Brilliance on July 16th as you have noted, friends who sailed on that ship from July 14th through July 27th, returned with Cruise Compasses that show that Keith Williams was the CD for their entire cruise, so the earliest that he might have taken over was July 27th. Perhaps someone currently on Brilliance can confirm.:)

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine starts on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Brilliance OTS - Keith Williams (confirmed as of July 27). Steve Davis will be taking over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa. (Exact handover date needs to be confirmed. Is Keith still on Brilliance or has Steve taken over CD duties?)

Explorer OTS - John (and Katrina) Blair started August 3 for approximately 2 months. (Can someone confirm if Leigh Xuereb is returning to Explorer in late September/early October, as originally planned, or if he has been reassigned). (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Liberty OTS - Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD beginning Aug 4 (Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Just off the Explorer this past Saturday. Leigh Xuereb said during his morning show that he would be returning after vacation with a new Activities Director, Erky from Turkey. Their new morning show would be aptly named 'Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky'. So that should confirm Leigh's return to the Explorer after his vacation.

Just off the Explorer this past Saturday. Leigh Xuereb said during his morning show that he would be returning after vacation with a new Activities Director, Erky from Turkey. Their new morning show would be aptly named 'Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky'. So that should confirm Leigh's return to the Explorer after his vacation.

Brilliance OTS - Keith Williams (confirmed as of July 27). Steve Davis will be taking over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa. (Exact handover date needs to be confirmed. Is Keith still on Brilliance or has Steve taken over CD duties?)

Explorer OTS - John (and Katrina) Blair started August 3 for approximately 2 months. Leigh Xuereb will be returning from his break at the end of Sept/early Oct. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014. The morning show will be called "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky"!)

Edited by DonnaK

From on board Oasis - Amy will be replaced by Dave Chapman. Her next contract will be on another ship. I'll see if I can find out anything more

although it's not easy on a huge ship.

I haven't looked back to see if you got this info already so sorry if it's a repeat.