UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Is it likely that Joff will be back from his rotation for the TA on Indy on 2nd November? Hearing such good things about him, really don't want to miss him! Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Royal Caribbean likes saving on airfare so I'm sure they'll try. Last year we had him for the TA and it was his first day back from break. This year the TA is a few weeks earlier though so I'm not sure how things fall for his schedule this time around. I'm sure RCCL Is trying though.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 (for 4 months?).

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started July 28 (for 4 months?)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis took over as regular CD of Brilliance on July 27 through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - John (and Katrina) Blair started August 3 for approximately 2 months. Leigh Xuereb will be returning from his break at the end of Sept/early Oct. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014. The morning show will be called "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky"!)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25 for 4 months.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Sept 13. Ricky Matthews September 13 thru November 26th, then Ricky will return sometime in January for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown) Can someone please find out the handover date?

Legend OTS - Rico du Breil started June 29.

Liberty OTS - Jerome Sueur started Aug 4 (Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until August 31. Mitch Merucci returns as MJ's regular CD on August 31 until December 13.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Dave Chapman. (Frankie will begin as Activities Manager on Oct 5) (per Amy's FB page, she is headed over to Radiance in mid-November after her break)

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown for approx 2 months, then Amy Fickert in mid-November (per her FB page).

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews July 30 though early September

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Was on my first ever cruise there, 4th August on Liberty Of The Seas, and thought Jerome was an excellent cruise director, Cuddy was hilarious too. Couldn't imagine anyone else apart from them two doing it.

Couldn't believe when I found out that was his first time as CD?

Is it likely that Joff will be back from his rotation for the TA on Indy on 2nd November? Hearing such good things about him, really don't want to miss him! Thanks

This is just a guess, but I'd say it is VERY likely. His break is usually 6-8 weeks. So, counting from Sept 7, he should be back before Nov 2.

I just heard back from Allan Brooks. He is on the Allure October & November, he definitely will NOT be on the December 15 sailing.

So it looks like Ken's contract is more like 2 months instead of his usual 4 months. Thanks for letting us know...I'll update the list!

RCI said in an email to me today that Allan Brooks will be the CD for 9/15 on Allure. As others have stated don't know how accurate that is as it doesn't match normal rotation.

According to the info from Allan, it looks like he won't be onboard for the 9/15 cruise.

DonnaK

I completely agree with you on this matter. To validate what the other posted stated, we are on the Allure Oct 6 sailing and on our roll call people are saying that according the Crown & Anchor Department we will have Allan Brooks as well. This doesn't make sence but like you said, Ken may have other duties during this time due to his Cruise Director status with Royal.

HotRod, according to the info from Allan, it looks like there's a good chance he will be on your sailing (depending on the handover date in October)

Edited by DonnaK

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started July 28 for two months, then Allan Brooks for October and November (but not December). Exact handover date needs confirmation (Sept 29? Oct 6?)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis took over as regular CD of Brilliance on July 27 through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Explorer OTS - John (and Katrina) Blair started August 3 for approximately 2 months. Leigh Xuereb will be returning from his break at the end of Sept/early Oct. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014. The morning show will be called "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky"!)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25 for 4 months.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Sept 13. Ricky Matthews September 13 thru November 26th, then Ricky will return sometime in January for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown) Can someone please find out the handover date?

Liberty OTS - Jerome Sueur started Aug 4 (Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until August 31. Mitch Merucci returns as MJ's regular CD on August 31 until December 13.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Dave Chapman. (Frankie will begin as Activities Manager on Oct 5) (per Amy's FB page, she is headed over to Radiance in mid-November after her break)

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown for approx 2 months, then Amy Fickert in mid-November (per her FB page).

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Edited by DonnaK

Does anyone know who the CD will be on the October 28th Transatlantic Repo on Vision of the Seas?

That's a tough one to predict. Maybe you can post a message on the roll call for an upcoming sailing asking someone to find out from Topi how long he will be onboard, and who the next CD will be.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started July 28 for two months, then Allan Brooks for October and November (but not December). Exact handover date needs confirmation (Sept 29? Oct 6?)

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11 (until when? Who will be the next CD?)

Edited by DonnaK

Splendour OTS had Mercedes Lafuentes last week as CD

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Fuentes, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11 (until when? Who will be the next CD?)

So it looks like Ken's contract is more like 2 months instead of his usual 4 months. Thanks for letting us know...I'll update the list!

According to the info from Allan, it looks like he won't be onboard for the 9/15 cruise.

HotRod, according to the info from Allan, it looks like there's a good chance he will be on your sailing (depending on the handover date in October)

Donna, I will be on the September 15th Allure sailing and will try to get an update for you as to wether we have Ken Rush or Allan Brooks. If you do not get the hand off info I'll try and get that too.

Edited by Eng23

Donna, I will be on the September 15th Allure sailing and will try to get an update for you as to wether we have Ken Rush or Allan Brooks. If you do not get the hand off info I'll try and get that too.

Thanks Eng!

I shall be on the Allure on the 8th. I will do my best to post who the CD is.

Thank you! It should still be Ken, because Allan said that he would be there October and November. But, it's always great to have direct confirmation from someone onboard the ship!!

It would be really helpful if someone cruising on Allure soon could ask Ken (or a member of the activities staff) what date Ken's break begins and Allan starts (Sept 29, Oct 6?). Also, it would be great to find out onboard if Ken expects to return at the end of Allan's contract, and if not, then who?

(Eventually Ken should be moving over to prepare for Quantum's launch. I was speculating that since his current contract is only two months instead of the usual four months, that perhaps the change is coming soon)

Edited by DonnaK

Thank you! It should still be Ken, because Allan said that he would be there October and November. But, it's always great to have direct confirmation from someone onboard the ship!!

It would be really helpful if someone cruising on Allure soon could ask Ken (or a member of the activities staff) what date Ken's break begins and Allan starts (Sept 29, Oct 6?). Also, it would be great to find out onboard if Ken expects to return at the end of Allan's contract, and if not, then who?

(Eventually Ken should be moving over to prepare for Quantum's launch. I was speculating that since his current contract is only two months instead of the usual four months, that perhaps the change is coming soon)

We will be on the Allure next Sunday - will try and get you info.

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Fuentes, then João Pereira for the South American season

Hey Donna,

I just got off the Majesty and spoke to Dave after the farewell show. I told him I'll be sailing with him on the Oasis in October then a month later on November 16th. He said he don't know who will be there on 11/16 but it won't be him. He claims that's when he departs. Seems kinda short but that's what he said.

Hey Donna,

I just got off the Majesty and spoke to Dave after the farewell show. I told him I'll be sailing with him on the Oasis in October then a month later on November 16th. He said he don't know who will be there on 11/16 but it won't be him. He claims that's when he departs. Seems kinda short but that's what he said.

Thanks for the info! Two months is typical for a covering CDs contract, so that's about right. I wonder who the new regular CD on that ship will be now that Amy has been moved over to Radiance???

I'll update the "end date" for Dave on the list when I get home from work later.