UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Just wanted to share the news from Mitch Merucci

BIG NEWS!

I am now officially the permanent CD on Majesty of the Seas.

I return August 31st until December 13th

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28 (can someone please confirm the handover)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis returned from break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Aug 16 (who will be the next CD?)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Rico du Breil started June 29.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?) Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD when Rich takes his break (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until August 31. Mitch Merucci returns as MJ's regular CD on August 31 until December 13.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Does anyone have updates for us?

Allure: Has Allan handed over CD duties to Ken?

Explorer: What date does Leigh's break begin, and what date does he expect to return?

Grandeur: Who will be the next CD now that Mitch (who was originally going to GR on Aug 16 has be reassigned to Majesty)

Indy: Who will be covering Joff's break?

Liberty: When does Rich's break start and Jerome take over CD duties? (this should be very soon!)

Mariner: When does Jimmy's break begin?

Navigator: When does Simona's break begin?

Liberty of the Seas update

Having just sailed Liberty I can confirm that Rich is still the cruise director.

However, I noticed that Jerome Sueur has been replaced for the 28 July cruise by a person called "Cuddy"

Can not confirm whether Jerome has gone on his break before taking over as CD or if he's now in the 2 week "handover" period to replacing Rich. One would presume the latter as Rich is the longest active CD in the entire fleet(March)

So I think it's safe to guess that Rich's break will begin in 2 weeks time.

Can I also say that Rich was a fantastic CD, my favourite so far, but if you're sailing Liberty in August, you're not going to miss a beat at all. Jerome is going to be a fantastic cruise director in my opinion, and in fact all the CD staff were brilliant, but Jerome is a future permanent CD imo.

We just booked Allure for Dec 8th. Ken Rush will still be there? or is Alan coming back?

Checking my new updated sig here, also.:)

If Ken follows the typical 4 months on, followed by 2 months off, then he should be on until around Thanksgiving, and Allan should be back at that time. So, it looks like you might have Allan.

Liberty of the Seas update

Having just sailed Liberty I can confirm that Rich is still the cruise director.

However, I noticed that Jerome Sueur has been replaced for the 28 July cruise by a person called "Cuddy"

Can not confirm whether Jerome has gone on his break before taking over as CD or if he's now in the 2 week "handover" period to replacing Rich. One would presume the latter as Rich is the longest active CD in the entire fleet(March)

So I think it's safe to guess that Rich's break will begin in 2 weeks time.

Can I also say that Rich was a fantastic CD, my favourite so far, but if you're sailing Liberty in August, you're not going to miss a beat at all. Jerome is going to be a fantastic cruise director in my opinion, and in fact all the CD staff were brilliant, but Jerome is a future permanent CD imo.

I'm a little confused. Should I put Cuddy down for July 28, and then Jerome down thereafter?

Edited by DonnaK

If Ken follows the typical 4 months on, followed by 2 months off, then he should be on until around Thanksgiving, and Allan should be back at that time. So, it looks like you might have Allan.

Thanks. Allan is our favorite plus we had Ken in 2011 for a b2b.

Ricky Matthews is no longer on the Oasis schedule. His new home is the GR beginning September 13 thru November 26th. And then returning to GR in January for four months. 6

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28 (can someone please confirm the handover)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis returned from break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Sept 13. Ricky Matthews September 13 thru November 26th, then Ricky will return sometime in January for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21. Cuddy will be CD for the July 28 sailing, then Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD (the handovers need confirmation - there is a bit of confusion with the names/dates)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until August 31. Mitch Merucci returns as MJ's regular CD on August 31 until December 13.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21 (can someone find out who will be the covering CD)

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Ricky Mathews was supposed to be on Serenade until September 16. How can he be on 2 ships at the same time? His Serenade dates were from July 30 until September 16. Could he actually be on Grandeur starting in August when John Perry was supposed to originally leave?

Ricky Mathews was supposed to be on Serenade until September 16. How can he be on 2 ships at the same time? His Serenade dates were from July 30 until September 16. Could he actually be on Grandeur starting in August when John Perry was supposed to originally leave?

You are right, MAHA, I didn't notice the conflict. More likely, he will be leaving Serenade a week earlier than originally plans. I will fix Serenade when I update the list tomorrow.

I'm a little confused. Should I put Cuddy down for July 28, and then Jerome down thereafter?

Sorry I was a bit confusing with my post, Cuddy is now the Activities manager, with Rich as CD. My guess is Cuddy remains AM through Rich's break - and he might well be away for a few months - and Jerome will be CD.

I'm not sure whether Jerome left the ship yesterday or has been moved behind the scenes to train as CD. They pretty much came hand in hand(Rich and Jerome) last week so I guess he has been shadowing Rich in preparation.

You are right, MAHA, I didn't notice the conflict. More likely, he will be leaving Serenade a week earlier than originally plans. I will fix Serenade when I update the list tomorrow.

We will be on the Serenade cruise which was supposed to be Ricky Matthews last cruise. It's actually a 12 day cruise so unless he's leaving during the cruise he will probably leave after the previous cruise. I wonder who we'll get.

Sorry I was a bit confusing with my post, Cuddy is now the Activities manager, with Rich as CD. My guess is Cuddy remains AM through Rich's break - and he might well be away for a few months - and Jerome will be CD.

I'm not sure whether Jerome left the ship yesterday or has been moved behind the scenes to train as CD. They pretty much came hand in hand(Rich and Jerome) last week so I guess he has been shadowing Rich in preparation.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Sept 13. Ricky Matthews September 13 thru November 26th, then Ricky will return sometime in January for 4 months.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21, Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD beginning Aug 4 (exact date needs confirmation). (Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21 (can someone find out who will be the covering CD)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though early September

I would like to know too as I am going in August. Thanks :D

You will have Ken. The handover was either last weekend, or will occur next weekend.

I can confirm that Rich is leaving for his break starting Aug. 4th, with Jerome filling in as CD (his first time as CD, but definitely seems suited for the job). I have no idea who is filling in for Jerome...

My information came straight from the "horse's mouth" (Rich E.) as we walked and talked during the Wishes At Sea walk.

I can confirm that Rich is leaving for his break starting Aug. 4th, with Jerome filling in as CD (his first time as CD, but definitely seems suited for the job). I have no idea who is filling in for Jerome...

My information came straight from the "horse's mouth" (Rich E.) as we walked and talked during the Wishes At Sea walk.

The fill in is this Cuddy gentleman. There was a lot if great entertainment staff on that ship. Denis from Slovenia, Frieda from Sweden. No shortage of future cruise directors!

Just wondering if anyone had any word on this one. I'm on the Nov 9th sailing and am curious who our CD will be. :)