UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Who will be CD on Serenade on Nov 27th for repositioning? Kathy:confused:

Don't know. Perhaps someone can ask Ricky onboard the Serenade (or via social media) what date his break starts and who will be taking over the CD duties.

Does anyone know if Allan Brooks is the CD for 12/15/13 sailing of the Allure???

Unless something changes from the usual pattern, Ken's break should begin around Thanksgiving, and Allan should be taking over at the end of November though mid-to-late January. But, nothing is set in stone until we get confirmation from one of those CDs themselves, and even then, things can change at the last minute.

I'm hoping that the usual pattern stays...we love Allan Brooks! I spoke to RCC this morning and they said that Ken is scheduled, but that I should call back late October/early November to see if there are any changes. I'll message Allan on FB and see what he says. I'll post the info so you can update the master list!

I'm hoping that the usual pattern stays...we love Allan Brooks! I spoke to RCC this morning and they said that Ken is scheduled, but that I should call back late October/early November to see if there are any changes. I'll message Allan on FB and see what he says. I'll post the info so you can update the master list!

Don't listen to anything RCI tells you on the phone or in an email about the CDs. They are notoriously inaccurate. lol

Please let us know if you hear from Allan via FB. I only update this list based on info that comes from the CDs directly or from another reliable source on the ship such as the concierge or activities manager.

Edited by DonnaK

Don't know. Perhaps someone can ask Ricky onboard the Serenade (or via social media) what date his break starts and who will be taking over the CD duties.

I'll be on Serenade in 4 weeks, by which time presumably Ricky will have left. I'll try and post on here who the CD is, unless someone beat me to it.

RCI said in an email to me today that Allan Brooks will be the CD for 9/15 on Allure. As others have stated don't know how accurate that is as it doesn't match normal rotation.

Yes, that doesn't seem right, unless Ken gets called away early. Since he is the "senior CD", he sometimes attends a week-long corporate meeting in Miami, and Allan steps in to cover that week. (That's only happened once since I've been maintaining this list.) Since he's in-line to take Quantum out, it is a possibility that he could have other responsibilities away from the ship from time-to-time.

Anyway, I hope the poster who was trying to contact Allan will come back with a more definitive schedule, and I hope you'll come back and let us know if the info from RCI is right or wrong!

Entertainment on a ship is very important to us; we are active participants, and we attend various programs in the smaller venues around the ship. We have noticed a significant difference in the quality and fun-factor of these activities under various CDs. As well, we have noticed that some CDs offer much more to do in the evening than others, and this is very important to us.

While we also primarily look at ships and itinerary, we do take into account who the CD will be. It's even more important in cold weather cruises (such as Explorer in the winter) or cruises that are impacted by rainy/windy weather such as hurricanes, when people can't spend time outdoors by the pool. This draws everyone indoors, and if they are walking around aimlessly and bored, complaining, it creates a negative atmosphere for everyone.

I'll give you one example: We were on Allure during hurricane Irene. The captain had to skip Nassau and take the ship on a longer, more roundabout route to St. Thomas. WE came within 250 nautical miles of the eye of the storm. It was very rainy, windy, and waves were very high. All outdoor decks were closed. Allan Brooks and his staff kept everyone positively occupied. By the middle of the cruise, it was clear that the hurricane was headed up to the mid-Atlantic and Northeast states, and about 1/3 the passengers were not going to be able to get home as planned after disembarkation. These people were preoccupied about their homes and about changing their plans. Yet, the activities team did a great job keeping spirits up, and getting our minds off these issues.

On the other hand, we were on a New Year's cruise on Explorer, and the outdoor decks had to be closed due to high winds. The activities staff under Jimmy Rhodes was very uninspired, and there was nothing for the masses of people who would ordinarily be out by the pool to do. They were clogging up the public areas complaining, and it really put a damper on everyone's cruise experience. We were on Explorer again a few months later under Richard Spacey and Leigh Xuereb, and it was amazing how much more fun the very same activities were, and how much more entertainment was scheduled.

Not everyone appreciates or cares about the CD, and that's ok. This thread is for those of us to whom the CD matters.

How funny! We had the EXACT same experience with Jimmy Rhodes on the Navigator last December!

Doesn't Luke Arrowsmith work as a cruise director? he was cruise director on Indy when we cruised on her last May 2012?

You asked this question a couple of weeks ago (see post #178) to which I replied on post #180:

He's been on break since May 31. No news of where/when his next assignment will be.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started July 28

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis took over as regular CD of Brilliance on July 27 through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - John (and Katrina) Blair started August 3 for approximately 2 months. Leigh Xuereb will be returning from his break at the end of Sept/early Oct. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014. The morning show will be called "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky"!)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Sept 13. Ricky Matthews September 13 thru November 26th, then Ricky will return sometime in January for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown) Can someone please find out the handover date?

Legend OTS - Rico du Breil started June 29.

Liberty OTS - Jerome Sueur started Aug 4 (Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until August 31. Mitch Merucci returns as MJ's regular CD on August 31 until December 13.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Dave Chapman. Amy may or may not return to Oasis after her break - she does not have a new contract yet. (Frankie will begin as Activities Manager on Oct 5)

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews July 30 though early September

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Yes, that doesn't seem right, unless Ken gets called away early. Since he is the "senior CD", he sometimes attends a week-long corporate meeting in Miami, and Allan steps in to cover that week. (That's only happened once since I've been maintaining this list.) Since he's in-line to take Quantum out, it is a possibility that he could have other responsibilities away from the ship from time-to-time.

Anyway, I hope the poster who was trying to contact Allan will come back with a more definitive schedule, and I hope you'll come back and let us know if the info from RCI is right or wrong!

DonnaK

I completely agree with you on this matter. To validate what the other posted stated, we are on the Allure Oct 6 sailing and on our roll call people are saying that according the Crown & Anchor Department we will have Allan Brooks as well. This doesn't make sence but like you said, Ken may have other duties during this time due to his Cruise Director status with Royal.

It's probably too soon to know that info yet.

Paul is working as a "Casual" on ships - or as a fill in during long or short gaps.. sometimes a full contract or sometimes just a few month break depending on what is needed.

Paul also did a commercial a few years back for those who don't know who he is. Look up "Cash 4 Gold Commercial" on youtube (Not a promo for the company just so people know who he is)

Paul is working as a "Casual" on ships - or as a fill in during long or short gaps.. sometimes a full contract or sometimes just a few month break depending on what is needed.

Paul also did a commercial a few years back for those who don't know who he is. Look up "Cash 4 Gold Commercial" on youtube (Not a promo for the company just so people know who he is)

LOL - is that what the fill-ins are called, "casuals"? Never heard of that expression, but it applies to several of them who don't have regular assignments or who aren't in regular rotations.

Amy just posted on FB that she's heading to Radiance in mid November for a fill . . . .

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started July 28

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis took over as regular CD of Brilliance on July 27 through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Explorer OTS - John (and Katrina) Blair started August 3 for approximately 2 months. Leigh Xuereb will be returning from his break at the end of Sept/early Oct. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014. The morning show will be called "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky"!)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Sept 13. Ricky Matthews September 13 thru November 26th, then Ricky will return sometime in January for 4 months.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown) Can someone please find out the handover date?

Liberty OTS - Jerome Sueur started Aug 4 (Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until August 31. Mitch Merucci returns as MJ's regular CD on August 31 until December 13.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Dave Chapman. (Frankie will begin as Activities Manager on Oct 5) (per Amy's FB page, she is headed over to Radiance in mid-November after her break)

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown for approx 2 months, then Amy Fickert in mid-November (per her FB page).

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Edited by DonnaK

Amy just posted on FB that she's heading to Radiance in mid November for a fill . . . .

So she was a good liar on board. Someone on her staff told me this would happen but when I asked her what was up she played dumb. No contract yet according to her. Apparently she figured she better confess quickly if she wanted to be the one to tell. ;)

I did ask this CD staff member what would be happening to Bobby and Becky if Amy took over and they didn't know the answer to that question.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 (for 4 months?).

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started July 28 (for 4 months?)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25 for 4 months.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Dave Chapman. (Frankie will begin as Activities Manager on Oct 5) (per Amy's FB page, she is headed over to Radiance in mid-November after her break)

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown for approx 2 months, then Amy Fickert in mid-November (per her FB page).

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28 (can someone please confirm the handover)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis returned from break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Aug 16 (who will be the next CD?)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?) Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD when Rich takes his break (exact date unknown)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Hooray, so glad to hear Bobby and Becky are going to be on the Radiance for its September cruise to Hawaii, love them!!