Touring suites

Uncle D

On the Regent board a poster is giving a lengthy review of an Oceania Riviera cruise just ending 6/6. In one of her many posts, she mentions that she was allowed access to the Owners Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite for a tour during the cruise but she did not notice if they were occupied. Based upon pre-cruise info, those suites were sold out and occupied. By her own admission she states, "We would have stayed in an Oceania suite if one had been available."

This appears to be a serious breach in security and an invasion of privacy. I certainly would be very disturbed if I learned of a tour of my suite during my absence! Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Another conspiracy theorist! The ship was not full -- I saw no signs of it being occupied. :rolleyes:

What I wonder is why a person with only 4 posts on CC is accusing PCH of misdoing? They have to be one of the most honest companies that I have had the pleasure of working with.

Wouldn't have happened.

Several years ago there was an incident where pictures were taken in an occupied suite while the passengers were out....

They came back unexpectedly- people were terminated over this.

Uncle D,

If the room is occupied, Oceania will ask you well in advance if you will allow a tour of your room.

A few weeks before a recent Regatta cruise out of Vancouver, Oceania asked me if I would allow a tour of my room until 1:30 PM on embarkation day.

Oceania had quite a crowd of TAs and other interested folk touring the ship that day.

Uncle D,

If the room is occupied, Oceania will ask you well in advance if you will allow a tour of your room.

A few weeks before a recent Regatta cruise out of Vancouver, Oceania asked me if I would allow a tour of my room until 1:30 PM on embarkation day.

Oceania had quite a crowd of TAs and other interested folk touring the ship that day.

This tour was clearly NOT on embarkation day it was near the end of the cruise as per TC2

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

No accusation from me about PCH misdoings. I have nothing but the highest regard for the executive team and ownership. I also am platinum on Regent. My concern (not conspiracy) is if this tour (taken before the end of the cruise) was authorized by management on board without home office approval. It just seems to go against everything I have personally experienced on Oceania and Regent.

On the other hand, conducting a special tour to view the Owner Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite is a nice touch to offer someone in a penthouse suite. I just hope it is not while I am staying in one of them at the time.

It just seems unbelievable that all three of those high level suites would be vacant before the end of the cruise.

i saw a tour of cabins while on the Regatta. Some kind of speciaal group (maybe TAs). It was the Past Passenger host doing the tour.

I would think a group tour would have been prearranged if the cabins had paying guests they would have given permission

I know on Embarkation day they sometimes have tours for TA's & a luncheon to promote Oceania

I know that on Oceania many times cruise critic members on board organize a "cabin crawl" where passengers in each suite category allow each other to come view their suites. Perhaps this is what happened.

I know that on Oceania many times cruise critic members on board organize a "cabin crawl" where passengers in each suite category allow each other to come view their suites. Perhaps this is what happened.

I would read the thread I posted

Page 5 I believe

A cabin crawl for a party of 1 or 2

Henry,

It was not a "cabin crawl". Look at Lyn's post.

I have seen the "cabin crawl" set up on the roll calls in the past when the Marina and Riviera were brand new.

Okay all. I was just trying to bring back some calm to this thread. I don't get the outrage. Is it that people are scared their cabins will be invaded will they're at the buffet?

This is great....Wripro....I'm thinking it might have been a "cabin crawl"...which does happen...even if the new class of ships have been on the "high seas" for awhile now! That doesn't mean that everyone has seen all the cabin choices...and it is so great...that with CC....passengers can offer this type of "look see" to those who might want to book another type of cabin.....If ...indeed...someone took the liberty to show a cabin...without the cabin owners permission....then that is "another kettle of fish"!!! :p:confused::):D Thanks for trying to "calm the waters"!!! LuAnn

I'm more concerned about the staff barging into my cabin, since my wife and I have each been caught in the buff by no-knock entrances worthy of a SWAT team!

that must have been fun!!!! Really? If so...that is not COOL!!! :cool: LuAnn

I'm more concerned about the staff barging into my cabin, since my wife and I have each been caught in the buff by no-knock entrances worthy of a SWAT team!

Well, first I wouldn't be concerned about barging in:eek: if the staff were to see me in the buff, I pity his or her eye site. Oh, by the way. Put out the privacy card. It's right their next to the door!

Great advice on the privacy sign. I never realized up until this time it was necessary to always use this sign to guard against unwelcomed intruders satisfying their own curiosities to view upper suites.

We are on the Regatta now. Before our cruise Oceania called us asking if they could show our suit, Owners Suite to TA's coming aboard. We said fine. They will have staff in our room to make sure everything goes ok. We have to be out from 11:30 to 1:30. This is just for the TA's involved in this special event.

We are on the Regatta now. Before our cruise Oceania called us asking if they could show our suit, Owners Suite to TA's coming aboard. We said fine. They will have staff in our room to make sure everything goes ok. We have to be out from 11:30 to 1:30. This is just for the TA's involved in this special event.

Yes this happens on embarkation day but never heard of it happening during the cruise though

That is the puzzling part

Yes this happens on embarkation day but never heard of it happening during the cruise though

That is the puzzling part

We get off tomorrow and are in Victoria so that is probably why today.

I read the review that caused all this business. The person in question went into all cabin types including inside so it is not just the upper few. I am sure they did not brake in so these questions are for O. I would bet the people in the rooms were ok with it. On another note why is this posters opion valued so highly over anyone. Having 15000+ posts does not impress me. I found it funny that in their opinion the pass on O came up from the lower class lines so they really could not comment well on O. CC is based on not knowing who people are, for all they know I could buy the ship. In fact my big problem is not with the butler but the fact my wife can not bring her handmaiden, she can barley cope!!! O should provide sleeping, eating and pricing for personal help.

Great advice on the privacy sign. I never realized up until this time it was necessary to always use this sign to guard against unwelcomed intruders satisfying their own curiosities to view upper suites.

Some people just don't get it. Even if the sign is out, there will always be intrusions. Staff or it seems, other passengers. Another guestion. Who is letting other pax access to these upper suites in the first place? Maybe Oceania is offering open house on cruises now.:eek: Oceania has a web site with full pictures and video of these suites. Want more detail, pay for one.

Okay all. I was just trying to bring back some calm to this thread. I don't get the outrage. Is it that people are scared their cabins will be invaded will they're at the buffet?

No outrage, just curious. What if I'm in the shower, or on the can? Is there a knock first, or do the privileged few first time cruisers get open house to my suite? Once I am on board and have access to my suite, i'ts my suite. You best beware.

Yes, in both cases the Privacy sign was indeed out. Complimentary bottles of expensive champagne and wine and an invitation to dine with the captain ensued...

Then there was the even more outrageous incident on the Regent Paul Gauguin where my wife told me that our diminutive butler Joaquim appeared to be smitten with her and on the very first day of the cruise, out of my earshot, offered to meet her every need. Needless to say, he was not given an opportunity to meet any of our needs thereafter...

Archived