Are the Oasis Class ships worth the hype?

Definitely worth the hype.

Royal puts carnival to shame with the entertainment alone.

Loved the carnival freedom, we were on her twice, you will have a great time.....

But when you get the chance, you need to give the Allure a try.

Three years ago, we sailed on the Oasis. Two years ago, we sailed on the Allure. Last year, we sailed on the Freedom after some convincing to try a different class of ship. This year, we're back on the Oasis:) there is NO comparison!! This is our 12th cruise and I can't wait to be back on the Oasis...

ABSOLUTELY! Have sailed Allure two years in a row ......in the exact same cabin none the less! It is a floating city & we NEVER felt like we were sailing with 5000+ passengers. Amazing!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

My husband really wanted to try the Oasis and we went on her this year. I was hesitant of the crowds but found it crowded only after the muster drill and when we got to port in St,. Thomas. The ship was a little late and everyone seemed to get off at once. If we waited 30 minutes it would be fine. I was surprised that if you don't like crowds and looked around you could find very quiet areas. We stayed on the 6th floor and rarely went about the 7th floor. I've never done a B2B but think that with the Oasis the different iterneries would make a perfect B2B. We will be back on the Oasis or Allure. Just wish we could afford to go when either of them go to Europe.

I was with a group of 16 on the Allure in March, and yes it was absolutely FANTASTIC! The only negative is that you 'should' book the shows in advance, although we were with people who didn't book anything and still managed to see all of the shows. It's a ship that requires a lot more planning, but it is so worth it.

I think that if its in the budget and fits your calendar, you should try it. Whether its worth repeating again is another story.

We did the Oasis a few years ago, and had a great time. We saw the shows, and did everything we wanted to do. While we may book another on Allure at some point, we are in no hurry to do so.

We sailed Oasis in 2010, and she was AMAZING! The only reason we haven't been on Allure is that for the weeks we could travel, Freedom was approximately 1/3 less expensive!

Port intensive itinerary = whichever ship suits you.

Ship intensive itinerary = Oasis class.

The problem with the oasis class as you tend to forget your on a ship, more like Mall of America and that's not for me. I want to know I'm on the ocean not in a mall.

Hmmm....and you based this judgement on what?

You are expressing a very common opinion of those that have not sailed on the Oasis class ships. While some that have sailed Oasis class do indeed prefer other class ships, very few if any that have actually sailed Oasis class have expressed the Mall analogy...because it is not true.

Different? Yes. Mall-like? No.

bobj

Archived