5 in a cabin... How miserable is it?

mailgirl1978

My brother did it with his wife and three kids. His kids at the time were 11,9,&4. They made it work but def was a bit crowded. Now that their kids are older they split the rooms up. Yes it is a little more but worth the extra space.

and worth the extra bathroom. We are a family of 5 now and I have the boys (3) sharing a inside with DH & I in a balcony (it was worth the extra money to have two bathrooms with this many people).

Happy Sailing!!!

It is 5 days on the fascination...

No romance. Lol It's me, my DD and her bff , both 15, and my son who is 8. My mil is... I don't remember lol

I finally figured it out to be about 75 more for one OV and one interior possibly across from each other so that's what we will most likely do :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I would hope that this is what you will do. $75 ? A bargain at 4 X that amount.

How miserable can it be? It’s a cruise.

We did four in a cabin for seven days and it wasn’t bad at all. We are thinking about five in one cabin next year. It does save money.

It would depend on if it is a 185 sq ft or a 220 sq ft cabin.

Deluxe ocean view whit two baths is always a plus.

HI mailgirl1978 We have had the 5 in a cabin on 4 cruises and each time it was good. you are only in there to sleep and very rarely outside of sleeping will everyone be in the room together. Especially if you have Responsible children that you trust to participate on cruise activities. I had tooooooo many rum cake samples not realizing its soaked in it and was thinking the boat was in trouble when it was me needing to get to my room and sleep it off. well 8 hours later :(:(still no kids or anyone in the room (didnt even check up on me or atleast i didnt remember:confused:. It was like my own suite and the room stewards are great with making up the beds during breakfast and turning them down after dinner. You will be fine. save the extra money to have plenty of the VIRGIN drinks and enjoy.

9 MORE DAYS TO THE SENSATION:):D:D!!!!

1551403128_5inaroom_0_ALB.jpg.fa24412a22f5d83af4eaddc33de80ec3.jpg

1312875688_5inaroomwith2twinstogether_fs.jpg.a1bba7ed4a516590bad0dd94d160d8c7.jpg

We had no problem with 5 in a deluxe OV room on the Magic for an 12 day Europe cruise. The second 1/2 bath was great. Ours was with my husband and 3 kids (9,7,5) Husband and I did sleep together with one kid on a sofa bed and the other two in top bunks. One of the upper bunks does hang over the king bed.

The key is to make everything as organized as possible. Biggest help for us was taking extra hangars and a hanging shelf for closet. Use the empty suitcases for dirty clothes and an over the door hangar for toiletries.

You are in close proximity to each other but there is a whole ship to hang out in. When bed time makes sure everybody has headphones incase someone falls asleep before the rest are ready. Book lights were also very useful.

Would we have gotten two connecting rooms if we could afford it, yes but there was a significant price difference when we sailed and we were thankful that Carnival offered these types of rooms. I would book them again if it meant it was the only way we could afford the trip.

So we have four going and now my mother in law wants to go... I did a mock booking with one cabin and with two and it's def cheaper in one cabin but how likely will we still love each other at the end of the trip???? Hahha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We have done it a few times. Never a problem. Sure its tight,if you have cash get 2 or 3 cabins. If not book it and have a good time.

5 in one room ...yikes!

We do 3 in an OS and would not even entertain the thought of 4 much less 5 and its a suite. I would go for the second cabin for a little more and book with a good TA you will get some OBC to off set the price.

If you want some... ummmm.... "romance" while you are on your cruise, then having your mother in law would stop that. Even socks on the door wouldn't make it very concussive.

Get two cabins and make your vacation special. ...

I agree. Unless the other three were particularly mature and very accommodating, then basically you're sentencing one of the two partners (or perhaps both) to a very unhappy week.

In my entire cruise career, I've done one cabin (on a 4-day Greek islands -- kids were free) with my kids in the same cabin once. I think we sent them on a ship-wide scavenger hunt between Crete and Santorini.

FantasyM88-2.jpg

Here is another pic of 5 in a room on a Fantasy class ship. We decided that wasn't workable for us (traveling with kids 6, 4, and 2) and splurged for a grand suite. In your case, I'd do two rooms.

Much more walking around room if the lowers are apart-- one under the window and the other along a wall (across from the vanity) under a bunk.

For the uppers we hang 6 pocket hangers (like small shoe holders) on the hooks next to them. These are the nightstands for those beds.

We just got off the Dream and had a oceanview delude room. It has a shower/toilet/sink in one bathroom and a small tub/shower combo with sink. We had 2 adults and our 18 yr old son with us. This worked out great. Not sure about 5 crammed in that room though. I think it will be a tight fit with space for all the extras. (Clothes suitcases souvineres and just the daily stuff like cameras etc)

Much more walking around room if the lowers are apart-- one under the window and the other along a wall (across from the vanity) under a bunk.

For the uppers we hang 6 pocket hangers (like small shoe holders) on the hooks next to them. These are the nightstands for those beds.

Oh yeah! That picture has "hot times" written all over it!

I think that it is absolutely great that folks can and do go for it..save money and make it work...the more room the better but I see some sweet ideas here for making it work either way depending on ship cost..1 cabin or 2 and the memories of families that can do it and did that are good are pretty inspiring..I wish we still had the old trailer we all did so much in before cabin days, 6 of us...and could redo it for a sisters fishing trip with women only..still want to do that..this is fancier that that..maybe less room in some ways..anyway i loved this thread and all the hanger, new shoe hanger places, headphone and booklight ideas...and the warm slumber party and reliving your family stories past and present..will be wonderful..losr mom last August 2 and take every chance you can..we really did more than i thought..i have a lot of good memories to hang my hat on and all you people that go together brought a happy tear...bon voyage you all..OP it will definitely work either way...I can tell..family and friends..nothing better...Sarah

No thanks! I like my mom, and my father in law, but don't want to share a cabin with either! I'd rather have two inside rooms than 1 OV. or say no to mom this time. Remember, it's not just cramped but 5 sharing one bathroom.

We did 4 last year on the Conquest. The hard part was sharing bathroom trying to get ready. It was me, Dh, DS (18) and my sister. We let the guys get ready first then they left and we could get ready...or we used the showers in the Spa.

Nice and neat until it's time to get up and get dressed, etc. Maybe this room is bigger than the standard room that squeezes 5 folks in it.

It is bigger. The couch was always made into a bed, with the couch cushions hidden under the twins that were pushed together. There's also a curtain that pulls out from the wall that separates the room in two, which meant we had four separate areas for changing out of swimsuits, etc. Two showers (and two clotheslines for hanging swimsuits), but only one toilet. We were able to put our clothes in the closets and found room to hide away two large suitcases and four small ones under the beds and in the closets.

Archived