Triumph listing?

I am watching the Galveston cruise cam and the Triumph is docking. For some reason it looks to leaning a little. Was there a reported list? Hopefully they will have it fixed by September when I sail. :confused:

I am watching it and I don't see a list. She is turning now.:)

LOL. Really? You can tell that its listing from a webcam on top of some building? Maybe the camera is moving or listing...

You may be right. It might just be the angle of the camera. Or the moving water as you stated, I'm gonna keep an eye on her. I sure hope there isn't a problem like with her sister ship.

I was originally booked on the first Med cruise on the Sunshine. Glad I dodged that bullet.

I think it's the type of camera used for the webcam. It's got a bit of a fisheye lens effect to it. Look how the horizon dips down on both sides on both the left and the right. For that short of a span, it should be a straight horizontal line. So I think it's just the camera that makes 'er look like she's listing, and that all is well.

She listed a little when they turned her. Appreciate the initial turn was with assistance of a tug. Once she got to the midpoint the thrusters came on. When the ship was parallel to the pier the winds picked up and she listed.

Watched it all from the Elissa.

When is her first voyage? If there were problems don't you think it wouldn't have made it as far as Galveston. I see no list and I have been watching the cam for awhile now.

Next sailing is day after tomorrow (Thursday, 6/13), a 4 day to Coz.

<a href=facepalm_zps806e6bfa.jpg' alt='facepalm_

Folks, get a grip. You have to realize that she has very little drinking water in her tanks (2000-4000 tons), and probably has a minimum fuel load (probably 4000-6000 tons short). This is all stored at the bottom of the ship, so she will be "tender" and susceptible to listing from turning, wind, tugs, etc. Also, since the ship was underway from Freeport to Galveston with no one paying for the fuel (no passengers), they want to minimize fuel consumption, so they will have a bare minimum of ballast onboard, just enough to keep her stability within safe limits (it costs fuel to haul thousands of tons of sea water ballast around). There is none of the thousand tons of food and beverages onboard. Any ship just out of shipyard, if its not on a repositioning cruise will be tender.

I am watching the Galveston cruise cam and the Triumph is docking. For some reason it looks to leaning a little. Was there a reported list? Hopefully they will have it fixed by September when I sail. :confused:

I am looking at it as well. It is an optical illusion due to the angle of the cam. Look and you will notice that the barge in the foreground appears to be 'listing' as well.

Archived