Gelato and Sundaes on Princess

Dorset Cruiser

I noticed from a photo of Royal Princess posted on Facebook that you can get gelato or sundaes with a punch on your coffee card. Is this true on all Princess ships? Not something I have heard of but it would be great if you could :)

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I noticed from a photo of Royal Princess posted on Facebook that you can get gelato or sundaes with a punch on your coffee card. Is this true on all Princess ships? Not something I have heard of but it would be great if you could :)

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Gelato is available at the International Cafe for 50c per scoop on ships that have an international cafe, usually on Plaza deck. That includes Royal. Don't know about sundaes. On the other ships soft ice cream is available on Lido deck at Swirls. No charge for that. Maybe Royal has sundaes, too.

The coffee card costs too much to waste it on ice cream:

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

But if I trade out my free minibar for two coffee cards, I would be getting free gelato and sundaes, but only if all ships with ICs had the same coffee card rules as Royal Princess :(

We are doing the same cruise as you in September but on 28th sailing !

Don't know how to post a link to Facebook on here but if you search for 'Jo Rigby Cruise Thomas Cook' you should find the photos. If I work out how to post a link I will.

Thanks.

I found it and copied it to my computer and then attached it here.

Two problems 1) I don't know how to post a full picture, mine all post as thumbnails :o :confused: and 2) they don't have rum raisin !! :(

AftRoyalGelato.jpg.4b6ce44eca24153d6a44e6ad5b626a84.jpg

wow...wouldn't that be nice! I always get a coffee card, more for the brewed coffee than anything else, and often have trouble using up all of the punches...but Gelato, I would have no trouble using punches if you could use it for that!! :p

wow...wouldn't that be nice! I always get a coffee card, more for the brewed coffee than anything else, and often have trouble using up all of the punches...but Gelato, I would have no trouble using punches if you could use it for that!! :p

Well you'll be able to in July :D

Gelato is available at the International Cafe for 50c per scoop on ships that have an international cafe, usually on Plaza deck. That includes Royal. Don't know about sundaes. On the other ships soft ice cream is available on Lido deck at Swirls. No charge for that. Maybe Royal has sundaes, too.

In the past, your calculation would have been correct. No need to burn a "punch" on a $1.50 item. But on Royal, the three scoops cost $2.75, so the value of the punch equates to what you would spend on a specialty coffee.

Why are you trying to use up all your punches? Your card is good forever, until all punches are used. Doesn't matter which ship. Even though unlimited brewed is now only good for the designated ship, you can still use the card for brewed (for a punch) on your next ship.

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

Need to correct this. Some International Cafes have gelato, not all of them.

In the past, your calculation would have been correct. No need to burn a "punch" on a $1.50 item. But on Royal, the three scoops cost $2.75, so the value of the punch equates to what you would spend on a specialty coffee.

WOW! Princess is in a hurry to have Royal paid for.:eek:

Does the Star have gelato and sundaes?

Thanks in advance,

Barbara

No gelato on Star when we were on her in April, but small sundaes as well as cones were available at the free ice cream bar, and we enjoyed them several times with no charge. I hope that doesn't change!

Nit picker. :p

no need to be rude. the poster was just trying to be helpful. not all ships with an international cafe offer gelato. for example, i'm booked on the grand princess which has an international cafe but does not offer gelato. we are here to help fellow cruisers, aren't we? that's what the cc is all about, i think.

cheers

Nit picker. :p

no need to be rude. the poster was just trying to be helpful. not all ships with an international cafe offer gelato. for example, i'm booked on the grand princess which has an international cafe but does not offer gelato. we are here to help fellow cruisers, aren't we? that's what the cc is all about, i think.

cheers

The nerve of him;). At least Steve had the decently of putting a smiley, but it should have been the embarrassed one. I think he was just kidding. But I think at the very least, he should send me some of the IC chocolate chip cookies the next time he goes on a cruise, right?

Archived