Everything quantum!!!!!!

Yes you can. The studio rooms are designed to house 2 people no more. Where as most normal rooms are designed to hold 3-4 so yes two could fit without major issues. And yes that is also fine with Rccl. You also will still only pay the single supplement rate no matter how many are in the room. Which is also nice.

There is no single supplement for the studio balcony, as this cabin was built for the single traveller.

Is the balcony bigger in the Junior Suite than the Family Junior Suite or are my eyes playing tricks b/c of the angle? How much more money is the J.S. vs. the F.J.S (I know depends on month) just example pls

Is the balcony bigger in the Junior Suite than the Family Junior Suite or are my eyes playing tricks b/c of the angle? How much more money is the J.S. vs. the F.J.S (I know depends on month) just example pls

Family junior suite

Interior 301sf

balcony 81 sf

Junior suite

interior 276

balcony 161

Is anyone remotely excited about the seaplex? I would love to rollerskate again. This ship is so cool!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think it will be very cool. I think I am most excited about the bumper cars :D

I think the answer is no but I will ask anyway. Is it possible to book more then one person in a studio

Yes, they allow 2 in the cabin. The 2nd person pays the 3rd rate, which I dont see mentioned here. So the first pax pays the solo fare .. and if you add a 2nd pax, they dont pay the full fare, they pay whatever the 3rd/4th pax rate is to add a pax.

The solo balconys someone said are 119 s.f., but the balconys look extra deep.

I dont know that this would be good for two adults, but say a single mom with a small child it would be perfect to me.

Maybe I should have kept quiet and not let the cat out of the bag that a 2nd pax pays a reduced fare on these solo cabins. Kept them for us solos.

Edited by firefly333

Yes, they allow 2 in the cabin. The 2nd person pays the 3rd rate, which I dont see mentioned here. So the first pax pays the solo fare .. and if you add a 2nd pax, they dont pay the full fare, they pay whatever the 3rd/4th pax rate is to add a pax.

The solo balconys someone said are 119 s.f., but the balconys look extra deep.

I don't know that this would be good for two adults, but say a single mom with a small child it would be perfect to me.

Maybe I should have kept quiet and not let the cat out of the bag that a 2nd pax pays a reduced fare on these solo cabins. Kept them for us solos.

I just did a test booking for 2 people and its not that much cheaper.

The cost for a Deluxe ocean view stateroom costs $2758

A super studio with balcony cost $2475

I will say the balconies do look big, especially cabins 6248 6648 7248 and 7648

Shaun, great thread thanks for starting it. I will definitely keep stoppping back to check on people uploading photos and information as we get it. DD & I are booked in a Spa JS mid-ship (Hump) for Dec 12, 2014 on a 8 night Bahamas. Really NOT thrilled with the itinerary at all, more about the ship. I wish RCI would delete that itinerary altogether and just stick to Caribbean. Just my opinion. I plan on sending a letter of suggestion about that and just a thought: wouldn't it be great if they could stay overnight in Labadee. They could have some night time activities on the island, entertainment and we could all get 2 whole days there. We love Labadee!

Edited by Annefran

Thats very cool

So your in a "Super studio ocean view with balcony". . I hadn't realized the studios had balconies, that awesome !!.

I learned my first new fact. :o:p

Hey Shaun!!! There Are Only !2 Studio Balconies, On The Quantum, Midship With Six Each On Deck 6, And Deck 7!!!

Four Of These, Have Slightly Larger (Extended) Balconies, Than the Rest!!!

I've Noticed ALL Of These Rooms Have Sold Out On EVERY Sailing On The Quantum!!!

BTW, This THREAD Is Going To Be, Just As Good As Gambee's!!:)

Yay, thanks shaun for starting this thread. We're sailing on Quantum December 12, 2014. Can't wait!!!

If anyone gets a hold of a picture of a GL, please post it. :)

Aurora, I'm in a GL (10720) for the Jan 23rd sailing. IF nothing has surfaced in the way of layout/floorplans before you sail .... PLEASE post pics before you sail.

;)

Aurora, I'm in a GL (10720) for the Jan 23rd sailing. IF nothing has surfaced in the way of layout/floorplans before you sail .... PLEASE post pics before you sail.

;)

I sure will. That's the exact same room we have booked.

We also have family booked in an SG on deck 8. Excited to see that balcony as well.

Hey Shaun!!! There Are Only !2 Studio Balconies, On The Quantum, Midship With Six Each On Deck 6, And Deck 7!!!

Four Of These, Have Slightly Larger (Extended) Balconies, Than the Rest!!!

I've Noticed ALL Of These Rooms Have Sold Out On EVERY Sailing On The Quantum!!!

BTW, This THREAD Is Going To Be, Just As Good As Gambee's!!:)

There are still a few available on the 7 day.

Gambees thread was actually started by someone else. Then it took on a life of its own thanks to gambee and others. I am hoping the same thing happens here :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsdKq6CqGS-kHry_WNnKK6yXDXgMpHbNCQGl_OGgbdNpoE9w_KmA

I was concerned about booking the corner aft suites because they're awfully expensive and parts of the balcony seem to have a superstructure in front of them. Booked an OS instead. Looking forward to hearing from people who actually stay in one...but that's a long way off!

One bedroom, two bath-rooms. Two-deck-high stateroom with panoramic views. On main level, open living/dining room with sofa that converts to double bed. Full bath with shower. Private balcony with dining area. On second level, master bedroom with two twin beds that convert to Royal King and a private bath with shower and sink. Flat screen television, phone, safe and hairdryer.

Deck 8- (795 sq. ft., balcony 216 sq. ft.); Deck 10- (Staterooms 10320 and 10720: 696 sq. ft., main balcony 236 sq. ft., main side balcony 72 sq. ft.; upper side balcony 53 sq. ft.; Staterooms 10324 and 10724: 840 sq. ft., balcony 216 sq. ft.)

Edited by Aurora2143

There are only 2 GLS with the upper level balcony on the side. 10320 (port) and 10720 (starboard). The actual room is a few sq ft smaller than the 4 center aft GLS, but the deck makes it a little larger over all. ImageUploadedByForums1371229809.070243.jpg.688026de60e00fa75a5a77e249d96eed.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsdKq6CqGS-kHry_WNnKK6yXDXgMpHbNCQGl_OGgbdNpoE9w_KmA

I was concerned about booking the corner aft suites because they're awfully expensive and parts of the balcony seem to have a superstructure in front of them. Booked an OS instead. Looking forward to hearing from people who actually stay in one...but that's a long way off!

That's interesting that you don't see the side balconies on the photo. But then again, it's computer generated so hopefully once it's built it'll be there. :)