Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

I have no idea how they lock the forward facing cabin balcony doors. I am hoping someone on this thread who has a room like this comments on it before our cruise in January.

Hi There! I was told that your cabin steward locks the balcony. You can only sit out there when the ship is docked in port and not moving. I booked a room on Dec 15 on the Royal and wanted the wrap around front balcony. Well after I booked the room, I found out I can only use the balcony on port days when I would be off the ship. So no sense in spending big bucks for something I can't use.

I switched my room to a mini suite with an extended balcony. I hope this helps you!

Suite do not have unlimited free internet no matter your status or ship.

Mike:)

You are correct! On the CP last yr in the Grand Suite advised that the policy has changed & not free unless you have status of Pat or elite.

Hi All

Appears to be a lack of live from the Royal,

if anyone wants to pay my fare,

I will be more than happy to go back and post live for you all,

yours Shogun

I love a good sense of humor!!:D:D

but I sure do miss your posts!!!!!!!

DSCN3098_zpsdcd8e4a9.jpg

Oh dear, I hope there will always supervision in this area!!! You can just see a small child climbing on the railing and then.............

Who came up with this idea?? Plus you can not see through the fence wall for people walking by.

Just remove the hand rail from that area.

Only Peter Parker could climb up the glass wall without the hand rail as a midway assist. And Peter Parker is too old for the kids' club.

Hi dedosr

sense of humour, I still have my bags packed, but they are full of dirty washing, I could go back for a day or two get them all washed and pressed, report live for you good folks and keep them that way for my Crown Princess cruise in a few weeks.

yours Shogun

I guess no one on the ship is posting their current cruise and updates - boo! I will be on 7/5 and will at least contribute some meaningful updates.

Looking forward to hearing your views!! We are on The Royal on this itinerary in August so would love to hear any reviews :D:D

Hi There! I was told that your cabin steward locks the balcony. You can only sit out there when the ship is docked in port and not moving. I booked a room on Dec 15 on the Royal and wanted the wrap around front balcony. Well after I booked the room, I found out I can only use the balcony on port days when I would be off the ship. So no sense in spending big bucks for something I can't use.

I switched my room to a mini suite with an extended balcony. I hope this helps you!

Off topic (sort of), but may I suggest you remove your sailed cruises from your sig line to enable you to have space to list the upcoming ones.

I guess no one on the ship is posting their current cruise and updates - boo! I will be on 7/5 and will at least contribute some meaningful updates.

I will wait for your updates. Are you going to continue here or start your own thread? Either way, looking forward to your opinions and comments.:)

Have a wonderful cruise.:):)

With now over 1200 posts I'm at a loss to figure out how you can make that statement!! Shogun himself posted EVERYDAY during his cruises. At least 5 CC regulars were posting themselves ragged and I was wondering how they found the time with only 24 hours in a day. But they posted their personal views, comments heard around the ship, and many, many pictures. Go back to the beginning and start again. I'm sure you will find more than you can read before the July 4th holiday is over on Sunday!! :)

#1winelover: I think what was being said was that since shogun and the rest left the ship, there haven't been many "Live" posts at all. I would tend to agree with them. If there have been true "Live" posts in the last week or so, I've missed them.

Hi All

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun!

I will be boarding the Royal on July 17 and plan to do some live posting if the Internet isn't too slow. Based on the roll call for this voyage, which has been basically dead, assume not many CC members on board. Maybe I will be invited to most traveled lunch...LOL :)

Hi All

yours Shogun

We would be more than happy to go. With you and Mrs S for support....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sunsetbeachgal

Look forward to reading your thoughts try and find a waiter called Jullies in the Crown grill he is very good but is happiest person you will ever meet

Yours shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Sunsetbeachgal

Look forward to reading your thoughts try and find a waiter called Jullies in the Crown grill he is very good but is happiest person you will ever meet

Yours shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Thank you...I am a very positive person so I'm anticipating liking most features of the ship...we will be traveling with DH's two little granddaughters so will get a good feel for how the pools accommodate a crowd!

We love the Crown Grill so will look for him. Also can't wait to try Alfredo's...loved it on the Sapphire.

#1winelover: I think what was being said was that since shogun and the rest left the ship, there haven't been many "Live" posts at all. I would tend to agree with them. If there have been true "Live" posts in the last week or so, I've missed them.

I will agree with THAT! However, using the term NO posts about the RP is a bit much. I was just trying to clarify that if someone is interested in getting ideas about the SHIP, start at post #1 and work forward and they will be inundated with info!! Keep in mind that the only thing that will change from voyage to voyage is the personal views of the poster. The ship itself will be the SAME as it was when it left the dry dock. (well, except for improvements made to stuff not yet finished when she left!) :)

With now over 1200 posts I'm at a loss to figure out how you can make that statement!! Shogun himself posted EVERYDAY during his cruises. At least 5 CC regulars were posting themselves ragged and I was wondering how they found the time with only 24 hours in a day. But they posted their personal views, comments heard around the ship, and many, many pictures. Go back to the beginning and start again. I'm sure you will find more than you can read before the July 4th holiday is over on Sunday!! :)

#1 winelover - what DoulaAnn said. :D:D I'm thinking this time, maybe it IS the wine. ;) But I am on my second glass of Chard, so cheers.:)

I will agree with THAT! However, using the term NO posts about the RP is a bit much. I was just trying to clarify that if someone is interested in getting ideas about the SHIP, start at post #1 and work forward and they will be inundated with info!! Keep in mind that the only thing that will change from voyage to voyage is the personal views of the poster. The ship itself will be the SAME as it was when it left the dry dock. (well, except for improvements made to stuff not yet finished when she left!) :)

However, each person notices different things and sails in a different (class) cabin so new photos and observations will be made.

On Shogun's sailing each person that posted added something new to the conversation.

That may be for the front facing cabins but reports have been that the corner minis (L108, M108, etc.) have no such restriction (from one or more people who have stayed in them) as they have a side facing balcony that wraps around.

Hi dedosr

sense of humour, I still have my bags packed, but they are full of dirty washing, I could go back for a day or two get them all washed and pressed, report live for you good folks and keep them that way for my Crown Princess cruise in a few weeks.

yours Shogun

Shogun

I will always love the Crown Princess. It was my very first cruise ever. It was the inaugural season for the Crown in 2006.

Steve

However, each person notices different things and sails in a different (class) cabin so new photos and observations will be made.

On Shogun's sailing each person that posted added something new to the conversation.

No argument there!! That's exactly what I had in mind when I wrote my post....the only thing that changes is the views of the poster! ALL posts are welcome and anticipated by us very eager future passengers. I guess the misunderstanding I personally had was that the original question referred to CURRENT passengers not posting and I read that as NO ONE was posting....my bad....sorry!:mad:

Archived