Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

[quote name='BratDet']the [B][COLOR="Red"]darn internet service..[/COLOR][/B]
Have started a longone over my morning IC coffee, but postus interruptus..I was told to get in the shower!!
So....we are well cleaned up, dressed and fed in the dining room this am and we are off for a few hours t ojust wander around port for our [COLOR="Red"][B]Genuine FAKE[/B][/COLOR] watches...

Bernadette[/QUOTE]

Did you find the store? Folks, there actually is a store in Kusadasi that is named Genuine Fake

Also, in Kusadasi there's a Starbucks right in the mall you get to after exiting the area. Free wifi. I always go there. Hope you availed yourself of their generosity. :D

[quote name='Pia1913']

Folks, there actually is a store in Kusadasi that is named Genuine Fake.[/QUOTE]

[INDENT]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/ZeZe01/IMG_2205JPG_zps0ab1dd68.jpg[/IMG]
[/INDENT]

[quote name='-Lew-'][INDENT]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/ZeZe01/IMG_2205JPG_zps0ab1dd68.jpg[/IMG]
[/INDENT][/QUOTE]

And you actually photographed it! LOL :D My friend Donna did purchase a watch there. Genuine Fake Rolex.

[quote name='Pia1913']Did you find the store? Folks, there actually is a store in Kusadasi that is named Genuine Fake

Also, in Kusadasi there's a Starbucks right in the mall you get to after exiting the area. Free wifi. I always go there. Hope you availed yourself of their generosity. :D[/QUOTE]

Starbucks is everywhere! Do you recall if they have giftcards that say Kusadasi? It would be a great gift for a Starbucks -addict friend of mine.

[quote name='BratDet']the darn internet service..
Have started a longone over my morning IC coffee, but postus interruptus..I was told to get in the shower!!
So....we are well cleaned up, dressed and fed in the dining room this am and we are off for a few hours t ojust wander around port for our Genuine FAKE watches...

[B]PS I am in Emerald 410.[/B]..Sunny and clear here and the gangway was closed after the big rush of people got off due to another ship arriving.
It is reopened and we are off..(did not bother us as we were having breakfast when we heard the closure announcement.

BTW the craftmanship is very good..I am looking at carpet seams, tile matching and quality of installation....sounds werid but I am taking my mission quite seriously with a side dish of fun...trying to overload on the fun as there is NO CALORIES in that...later all

Bernadette

Bernadette[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bernadette and good luck with your genuine fake watch shopping.:D
So, by looking at your cabin number on the deck plans, we can assume that the renderings of the larger balconies mid ship on each deck and some forward and aft, are reliable when booking.

[quote name='CSloan']Starbucks is everywhere! Do you recall if they have giftcards that say Kusadasi? It would be a great gift for a Starbucks -addict friend of mine.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. They wouldn't accept mine and I've tried on three separate occasions. I've been there quite a few times. I don't think Turkey is into gift cards yet.

[quote name='Pia1913']I doubt it. They wouldn't accept mine and I've tried on three separate occasions. I've been there quite a few times. I don't think Turkey is into gift cards yet.[/quote]

LOL, your CG is probably dollars and they don't take dollars, sure would be nice if we could take GC from here to use while we travel:D
I don't think many other countries are into GC like the US.

Hi All

From Princess now to go and pay for another cruise,

Dear Passenger,

We are contacting you in regards to your cruise onboard Royal Princess on June 14, 2013. In an effort to ensure the highest quality service and experience to our passengers, we regularly review our practices and charges. During a recent review, we discovered a government fees & taxes adjustment was not credited to your onboard account. Adjustments to the government fees are processed as we receive them and the final amount due is USD $1.00 for each person who traveled on your booking.

Would be happy if they said amounts under $5 will go to crew fund of some type.

yours Shogun

Several people have commented that they use an extension cord to reach the 110V outlet.

Just a thought: don't know if it would be easy to do...

All modern CPAPs will go 110 or 120 (sense internally and automatically switch). If you could obtain a European power cord from the manufacturer or your DME provider, you could carry the cord instead of an extension.

Worth checking out.

Well, I'm not the only one who thought of it. Practically the next post had a similar suggestion. LOL

Thanks to Bernadette and Shogun for keeping us in the loop. I've really enjoyed seeing the Royal from 2 perspectives, and hope others will share their stories and observations. More photos would be great, and perhaps when people return home, they'll have a chance to post.

It'll keep me going until we get to board in September.

Enjoy!

Joanie

Just remove the hand rail from that area.

Only Peter Parker could climb up the glass wall without the hand rail as a midway assist. And Peter Parker is too old for the kids' club.

As the OP about the closenes of the hand rail. It seems now the most logical conclusion is that this area is indeed a storage area and that the apparatus gets pulled out in the centre when in use. So, now we just have to hope that this area is sufficiently closed off when not in use.

So sorry, to get anyone worried:o:confused::o.

IMG_2205JPG_zps0ab1dd68.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcwebertobias/2012/09/19/how-to-buy-a-fake-watch-in-turkey/

I thought all fakes were genuine (as in a fake is a fake is a fake, so it can only be genuinely a fake) but apparently that's not the case. I just learned there is a distinction between a genuine fake and a fake-fake. Who knew?

I'm still giggling!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I doubt it. They wouldn't accept mine and I've tried on three separate occasions. I've been there quite a few times. I don't think Turkey is into gift cards yet.

You mean I can't earn stars in Turkey?? Oh, the humanity!

Hi All

From Princess now to go and pay for another cruise,

Dear Passenger,

We are contacting you in regards to your cruise onboard Royal Princess on June 14, 2013. In an effort to ensure the highest quality service and experience to our passengers, we regularly review our practices and charges. During a recent review, we discovered a government fees & taxes adjustment was not credited to your onboard account. Adjustments to the government fees are processed as we receive them and the final amount due is USD $1.00 for each person who traveled on your booking.

Would be happy if they said amounts under $5 will go to crew fund of some type.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun,

I got the same message and I agree with you. It would save a lot of paperwork for them also and it would go to a good cause. It costs so much more than the dollar to print the check and mail it.

I enjoyed meeting you and Mrs. Shogun and hope we cruise again in the future. Joyce

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcwebertobias/2012/09/19/how-to-buy-a-fake-watch-in-turkey/

I thought all fakes were genuine (as in a fake is a fake is a fake, so it can only be genuinely a fake) but apparently that's not the case. I just learned there is a distinction between a genuine fake and a fake-fake. Who knew?

I'm still giggling!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I remember that store. I took a picture of it but never put it up on my Webshots account.

It is a shame. :( I love my gold Starbucks card. :D

It's my prized possession. I just try not to think about how much money I load onto it over the course of a month. Or year.

There's a funny exchange from a Frasier episode between him and his new accountant. The accountant, warning Frasier about his spending, says, "I had to hire an assistant just to go through your sherry receipts." Substitute Gold Card receipts and there I am.

I remember that store. I took a picture of it but never put it up on my Webshots account.

Just as an aside, there's a leather store just about directly opposite from the watch store. You know you travel a lot when you are recognized by the store owners who remember that you live in a hot climate and don't buy leather. Scary. :eek:

Bernadette,

I am just now catching up on your posts. Thanks so much! Very complete and I am sure everyone agrees exactly what we all are looking to read. Your upbeat outlook has everyone salivating, I am sure.

And, you may remember I was the one who posted about the seating on the plane. So this is even more weird.

Guess what cabin we have for the TA in October? Yup, E410! You might imagine how many questions I have for you. But do not waste your time now, just enjoy yourself. Write what you can but when you get to a real computer after your trip, you NEED to contact me at

drdaddy at earthlink dot net. Please, please!

But the cabin already sounds terrific.

One question I do have. In Venice, what was the price of the Princess shuttle to St. Marks?

Looking forward to reading some more. And looking forward even more to hearing from once you recuperate from the vacation!

not opening properly to help me send me next update.

carpal tunnel seems to have sewt in for typing with one darn finger.

Upo at 6 for Istanbul,

long er report ready to post. Was holding show comments for next post...The floors are gleaming down here. just pulled a bill, and again one machine is out of paper. Was afraid they would spit out when reloaded, but services desk says they prunt whatever was set to print and destroy it. Whew...

Just got my morning biegnet, all the ready for Istanbul in a bit...ready to wear pants in the hottest port...one does suffer on vacation...

I am escaping completely...was looking on my iphone and saw pics of our pets and then they popped in my head...otherwise only our kids are on our minds....ship is pretty qiuet now...not a lot out and about.

Did not get prices yet for those cabanas...gotta leave something to do....

trying to figure out whatever else questions there were. Muster was 8!5, sailaway 9 AM....so thankfully another couple warned us of muster change cause our balcony breakfast tea and coffee would have been frgiid- We moved it to the 9/930 slot as as soon as we returned ot the cabin, room serbvice was knocking on our door.

Please excuse all typeos/misspells...Princess mi nutes are too precious to correct my numerous errors...not a typist by any means!!

I have our Turkish Lira ready for our jetons for the tram ride. not a bad deal for 10$ for back and forth shuttle to Grand Bazaar...

Won't forget sunscreen, scarve, socks, plastic bag to carry my sandals for the Blue Mosque.

Bernadette

Bernadette

HI Bernadette! Thank you for your humorous and insightful thoughts about your cruise on the Royal! Wow, I so look forward to catching up with your posts everyday at the end of my day. We are boarding on July 29 out of Venice and I cannot wait. Thank you for taking time out of your holiday to share the excitement! Cheers....happy and safe travels.

Pam

Archived