Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

We are anytime dining, BTW. we put in a second complaint this time about my 43 minute charge when I know i just pasted a post and did log out...you guys KNOW I am a computer literate.

I had a mushroom omellete for breakfast in the main dining room and we went back for lunch.

I went to the clearance hahaha supposed sale stuff...worst small selection of all the cruises i have had, but no worries as we needed no special extra gifts.

I had beef stroganoff for lunch with Spetzle...YUM...

Spoke to another passenger at one point dissapointed in lack of activities...water aeirobics on a cruise she took...formal nights on the 12 day medare the sea nights...

I did the slot tournament for 20$ entrance fee and was number 2 for a bit...but stuck out for number 5 place in the finals...just lost hahaha and another passenger won 500$, wearing a new princess embroidered tee shirt.

Just went past the IC, thankfully nothing I cannot resist..people still think there is a charge for it. The hot tubs are still overloaded...we were three yesterday and 6 houng adults joined us...it was ok though cause they were fun...then we sailed away from Mykonos..Everywhere you look on open decks, there are loungers...tucked in some unusual spots...

After speaking to front desk today, the internet manager credited me 30 minutes for the minutes that went on after I had logged out., so now i am not as afraid to make the minutes last till we get to Geneva...

Tomorrow is an EZ day for us as we are just going to Capri for a bit...The WEATHER has been amazing...cooler, breezy, and NOT super humid...

Laundry room on Emerald deck- the machines keep spilling soapy water in the back of the machines...has not been solved yet. The irons are very hard ot use as they are bolted horizontally to the wall, not perpendicular....especially for a left hander for me..

The hair dryer is more awkward for me being in the drawer as i use my right hand to dry and left to stlye...just awkward...

We dont use the couch alot, but am glad we got it.

No real complaints. Another passenger agreed Mykonos arrivals onto shore and to town went extremely well.

Formal night tonight...then another show!

Bernadette

We are anytime dining, BTW. we put in a second complaint this time about my 43 minute charge when I know i just pasted a post and did log out...you guys KNOW I am a computer literate.

I had a mushroom omellete for breakfast in the main dining room and we went back for lunch.

I went to the clearance hahaha supposed sale stuff...worst small selection of all the cruises i have had, but no worries as we needed no special extra gifts.

I had beef stroganoff for lunch with Spetzle...YUM...

Spoke to another passenger at one point dissapointed in lack of activities...water aeirobics on a cruise she took...formal nights on the 12 day medare the sea nights...

I did the slot tournament for 20$ entrance fee and was number 2 for a bit...but stuck out for number 5 place in the finals...just lost hahaha and another passenger won 500$, wearing a new princess embroidered tee shirt.

Just went past the IC, thankfully nothing I cannot resist..people still think there is a charge for it. The hot tubs are still overloaded...we were three yesterday and 6 houng adults joined us...it was ok though cause they were fun...then we sailed away from Mykonos..Everywhere you look on open decks, there are loungers...tucked in some unusual spots...

After speaking to front desk today, the internet manager credited me 30 minutes for the minutes that went on after I had logged out., so now i am not as afraid to make the minutes last till we get to Geneva...

Tomorrow is an EZ day for us as we are just going to Capri for a bit...The WEATHER has been amazing...cooler, breezy, and NOT super humid...

Laundry room on Emerald deck- the machines keep spilling soapy water in the back of the machines...has not been solved yet. The irons are very hard ot use as they are bolted horizontally to the wall, not perpendicular....especially for a left hander for me..

The hair dryer is more awkward for me being in the drawer as i use my right hand to dry and left to stlye...just awkward...

We dont use the couch alot, but am glad we got it.

No real complaints. Another passenger agreed Mykonos arrivals onto shore and to town went extremely well.

Formal night tonight...then another show!

Bernadette

Thanks for the update Bernadette :D Happy Birthday birthday-balloon.gif

We will be on a Princess excursion in Istanbul on our Sept 3rd cruise... The tour we reserved includes all the big sites (Blue Mosque, Sophia Hagia, Topkapi museum AND Harem, lunch, plus the Bazaar ... with carpet sales demo..ugh!)

An alternate Princess tour does the Cistern instead of the Topkapi Harem.

We'd also love to find a way to somehow get over to the Spice Market during the tour, as we aren't interested in seeing the carpet sales pitch).

QUESTIONS:

1) Would you suggest taking the tour including the Cistern visit instead of the tour with the Topkapi Harem?

2) Will we be allowed us to leave ("slip away") from the tour in the Bazaar (where we are scheduled to be for 1 1/2 hours) to walk to the Spice Market, spend some time then walk back to the Bazaar to rejoin our tour ensuring we get transport back to the ship? If so, how far of a walk is it, how long should it take?

I appreciate any advice on this.... Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hi, Thanks for the great information and your live posts. Can anyone report on the Sanctuary? Is it busy? is it full? are people booking for entire cruise? etc?.

Also are the cabanas being booked at retreat pool. Are loungers readily available, in sun?, or in Shade? Have there been any problems with people sitting on the ledge in front of cabanas? Any:) info on these two topics will be appreciated!

We will be on a Princess excursion in Istanbul on our Sept 3rd cruise... The tour we reserved includes all the big sites (Blue Mosque, Sophia Hagia, Topkapi museum AND Harem, lunch, plus the Bazaar ... with carpet sales demo..ugh!)

An alternate Princess tour does the Cistern instead of the Topkapi Harem.

We'd also love to find a way to somehow get over to the Spice Market during the tour, as we aren't interested in seeing the carpet sales pitch).

QUESTIONS:

1) Would you suggest taking the tour including the Cistern visit instead of the tour with the Topkapi Harem?

2) Will we be allowed us to leave ("slip away") from the tour in the Bazaar (where we are scheduled to be for 1 1/2 hours) to walk to the Spice Market, spend some time then walk back to the Bazaar to rejoin our tour ensuring we get transport back to the ship? If so, how far of a walk is it, how long should it take?

I appreciate any advice on this.... Thanks in advance,

Mike

I'm going to answer your questions since I've been there many times.

1. The cistern visit is very interesting, but you are not going to be undergriound very long. It will be cool, so that will be a break from the intense Turkish heat.

2. If you are on a Princess tour you cannot slip away. They have a count and they can't continue until they have their count.

3. Are you a walker? If so, you can easily walk from the ship. across the bridge and voila! - there's the spice market. After that you can get to the Bazaar; it's mostly uphill.

4. Unfortunately you can't do it all in one day. The first time we were there it took us two FULL days to visit all the sites and we were in a hotel with no time constraints.

I know there are two different sets of photos of two of the corner minis. I haven't seen any photos of the true forward facing cabins.

Thanks for trying to help but my question involved the forward suites (category S5), not mini-suites.

I'm going to answer your questions since I've been there many times.

1. The cistern visit is very interesting, but you are not going to be undergriound very long. It will be cool, so that will be a break from the intense Turkish heat.

2. If you are on a Princess tour you cannot slip away. They have a count and they can't continue until they have their count.

3. Are you a walker? If so, you can easily walk from the ship. across the bridge and voila! - there's the spice market. After that you can get to the Bazaar; it's mostly uphill.

4. Unfortunately you can't do it all in one day. The first time we were there it took us two FULL days to visit all the sites and we were in a hotel with no time constraints.

Thank you for your insight Pia.

Mike

Turned off wake up call for my 5 AM coffee, up now and decided to type a little snippet. Chocolate croissant morning, YUM. Never knew they have cup holders in IC if you are ordering 3 or 34 drinks and need to transport them- just like McDonalds. I have a bruise on my left pointer from the slot tourtnament. It got so hot, it was crazy at teh time.

I had beef short ribs for formal dinner after we went and got a lot of portrait sittings (always takes a bunch to get one decent pic of us)..also you can win for each stub they give you to enter in a raffle tonight.

After an EZ formal dinner in the Symphony dining room where again they check a cruise card that we were anytime....we went to the marriage game show in the Vista lounge...funniest answer from a man what his favorite condiment was...he misheard the question ot be what is your favorite condom...then to thre 10:15 show way across the ship.

A new show with the songs of Burt Bacharach. enjoyed it, but it was not my favorite...but it was good...hope that makes sense...everyone was pretty much in black...so not as much glitz as colors of the world...but truly did enjoy it...then off for drinks as we do not have a tour booked...then the Royal Ball Dancing started in the Piazza...we stayed for a while- then went ot sleep and here we are.

I have to get back upstrairs to shower and change and figure out more about Capri...

I never heard anyone being allowed off tours...as a matter of fact one couplesaid on more than one tour now, they were being rushed along since they started later than expected...

Internet area is nice, but sad to have the library elsewhere...

I am still not remembering where stuff is...we thought we were in the Bellinin Bar last night, but was one floor above right above. Duh- ni high chairs with embroidered B's on the back...

I do like the new carpets in the hallways with pattersn to the walls instead of the striped. Makes it feel bigger. Not too many trays in the hallways i jhave to toe back out of the path of wheelchairs...

Gotta go!

Bernadette

Turned off wake up call for my 5 AM coffee, up now and decided to type a little snippet. Chocolate croissant morning, YUM. Never knew they have cup holders in IC if you are ordering 3 or 34 drinks and need to transport them- just like McDonalds. I have a bruise on my left pointer from the slot tourtnament. It got so hot, it was crazy at teh time.

I had beef short ribs for formal dinner after we went and got a lot of portrait sittings (always takes a bunch to get one decent pic of us)..also you can win for each stub they give you to enter in a raffle tonight.

After an EZ formal dinner in the Symphony dining room where again they check a cruise card that we were anytime....we went to the marriage game show in the Vista lounge...funniest answer from a man what his favorite condiment was...he misheard the question ot be what is your favorite condom...then to thre 10:15 show way across the ship.

A new show with the songs of Burt Bacharach. enjoyed it, but it was not my favorite...but it was good...hope that makes sense...everyone was pretty much in black...so not as much glitz as colors of the world...but truly did enjoy it...then off for drinks as we do not have a tour booked...then the Royal Ball Dancing started in the Piazza...we stayed for a while- then went ot sleep and here we are.

I have to get back upstrairs to shower and change and figure out more about Capri...

I never heard anyone being allowed off tours...as a matter of fact one couplesaid on more than one tour now, they were being rushed along since they started later than expected...

Internet area is nice, but sad to have the library elsewhere...

I am still not remembering where stuff is...we thought we were in the Bellinin Bar last night, but was one floor above right above. Duh- ni high chairs with embroidered B's on the back...

I do like the new carpets in the hallways with pattersn to the walls instead of the striped. Makes it feel bigger. Not too many trays in the hallways i jhave to toe back out of the path of wheelchairs...

Gotta go!

Bernadette

You are one busy bee, Bernadette!! And again, from another avid reader of your posts, THANK YOU so much for sharing!! :D I'm tucking all these tidbits of info away until I board in Port Everglades, Florida in October this year. Hopefully by then I'll have an idea of where I want to go, how to get there, and know I'm there when I get there! ;):confused:

up at 6 AM, because last night the wake up call kept calling me back, so I was so afraid of missing our tour...I woke up a few times...

Sipping on my IC coffee...

Noone else except crew see mto be awake.

We took a fewrry RT to Capri 78 Euros...which helps explain to other Princess tour ppl why some of those excursions were so high- they were on the same boats..

WE WALKED UP to the top in Capri...OMG...should have used the tram, but because of that got nowhere near the gym yesterday to try out the cycling equipment.

We walked around...came back early about 140 and instead of going ot Naples went back to the ship and managed ot be alone in a hot tub for over an hour...the ones by Retreat pool still arent hot enough...but we were glad they were warm!

Sat for a bit...we sailed away during our Italian dinner night. the hard sell was on for Limoncell in the souvenier shot glass. we ended up getting them well before dessert....and they refilled our glasses at least three times...

I had the peach bellini soup..the only food i was truly dissapointed in- instead of a night p[ureee- it was so watery...but I declined a replacent cause I always have a problem finishing my dinner.

I had a beef dish cooked in wine I cannot pronounce. Took a picture of the menu.

Had limoncello sorbet for deseert and put the rest in my shot glass (I do not like ice cream or sorbet in metal containers)

We went to the illusionist show after we did not win anything in the 7 PM portrait raffle..We enjoyed it, but the sound was extremely high and made it less enjoyable...

VERY nice that the shows are almost all new for this sailing...

Piazza had some dancers...BTW a lot of the trivia questions asked about the higher numbers in the 12 days of Christmas...

We went back to the photo area which was extremely busy...and got our singular decent formal night photo...Our coloring still seems off but not as badly as the first formal pics.

BTW- since we got back early yesterday...before 3- no cold towels...@#$#$%#%^^ second time that has happened to us and it was so hot yesterday- sweltering is almost a GREAT word to describe...well the 750 or 850 yard walk up the stairs and inclines...be careful on the way down to stay on the center paths..I did not roll my ankle, but I extended my foot oddly once and feared I injured it...

Good thing it didn't Cinque Terre is today and it is supposed ot be strenuous...have a feeling it will NOT be as strenuous. We received notice due to dangerous conditions, we will not be doing a portion called hte Path of Love...no biggie...we had just done all the Florencian regular stuff last year- so I looked for something different. Port hours are 9 AM to 9 PM....so we are supposed ot return 730- long long day ahead...

BTW, the manager did credit me 30 minutes- not sure if I mentioned it as a post I THOUGHT had posted seems to be missing. I'll have to sort that out after we get to a free wi fi area.

I am trying to take a lot of pics even though I had VOWED not to do so this year....

It does not feel crowded overall except the once in Horizon Court for breakfast once. We try to avoid it usually...and that has been working out. We sat and did not rush off yesterday..

Yesterday the 5 Euro large lemon slushy at the top was DIVINE!!

On the ferry they sold cold drinks and also i bought a 5 Euro Capri bag...I just liked it. Capri prices were not as insane as I expected. got a Pandora charm (Cappucino cup for italy) for 24 Euros...but our 24 ounce drink we brought with us was not enough for the hot day!

Off to shower..

Bernadette

Last

I don't recall the hydrofoil from Naples to Capri being much more than €18,5 each way or $50 round trip in US dollars. It's less for kids and a great day. Anyone else on other Med cruises who is interested, a great thing to do is book Gianni's Boat and bring a bathing suit and towels. We did that for 1/2 day and then took the funicular up to tour Capri. If you've already been to Pompeii and to Positano, Capri is a great alternative, especially on a hot day. No need for a ship excursion as the hydrofoil dock is next door to the cruise dock (on the left and hard to miss).

Thank you for your insight Pia.

Mike

If you do walk across, buy a fish sandwich at the dock, they are cooking them right there straight from the fishermen, best fish sandwich ever - it has been years and hope they still do this.

You need more than one day to see everything and soak up the environment.

I don't recall the hydrofoil from Naples to Capri being much more than €18,5 each way or $50 round trip in US dollars. It's less for kids and a great day. Anyone else on other Med cruises who is interested, a great thing to do is book Gianni's Boat and bring a bathing suit and towels. We did that for 1/2 day and then took the funicular up to tour Capri. If you've already been to Pompeii and to Positano, Capri is a great alternative, especially on a hot day. No need for a ship excursion as the hydrofoil dock is next door to the cruise dock (on the left and hard to miss).

I believe it was 78 euro's return for 2 people which is the prices I have been seeing on the ferry booking sites. (E19.50 o/w or E39 r/t per person)

We are planning to do Capri this October:D

Can't wait.

I believe it was 78 euro's return for 2 people which is the prices I have been seeing on the ferry booking sites. (E19.50 o/w or E39 r/t per person)

We are planning to do Capri this October:D

Can't wait.

. . . and that makes a lot of sense. Have a great time. There is no need for a Princess excursion or any excursion for that matter. Easy and inexpensive day on your own. We got to swim inside the red and green grottos and skipped the Blue.

Archived