Westerdam aft Balcony- size

spunke

Considering a January westerdam cruise and looking at an Aft balcony- ie 5189 or any other on deck 4-6.

Can anyone tell me if the balcony is larger then a side cabin and if there are any recomendations for a better room/ deck

Thank you

You can also check the Zuiderdam and Oosterdam and Noordam for pictures as they are sister ships.

http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/index.html

The Noordam's aft balconies are not like the other three.

Thanks for the tip- but that link didn't work - any others?
Did you go down to the bottom of the page and choose a deck? For example

http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-5.html shows you 5184 and

http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-7.html shows 7138

There's a Sticky called "An Introduction to the Ships and Classes". In that thread, on page 5, (it's post No. 91) is a great photo of the aft of the Westerdam! I know it doesn't give the sizes, but Happy Cruiser's photo really shows what the balconies look like and is very impressive. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link, but it's not hard to find. I want one! :) Ann

We had that aft cabin on the Westerdam in Alaska in the past. The balcony is much deeper than the equivalent side balcony but it is completely enclosed. You are fully protected from wind and foul weather, but you will get minimal to no sun. We loved it.

Considering a January westerdam cruise and looking at an Aft balcony- ie 5189 or any other on deck 4-6.

Can anyone tell me if the balcony is larger then a side cabin and if there are any recomendations for a better room/ deck

Thank you

5189 is an aft balcony (not corner aft, so it does not wrap around.) It is MUCH bigger than a side balcony, with the biggest difference being that is much DEEPER. From rail to room, it is probably about 15 feet deep. The other benefit of it (depending on your preference) is that it is completely covered.

Were on the Westerdam earlier this year and had that exact cabin 5189. It was very nice! Balcony was huge with 2 recliners, two arm chairs, a foot stool and a round table with plenty of space to move around. Yes, it is totally covered which is exactly what we wanted. We could look down on the balconies of the cabins below us on deck 4, which were half covered. It was very quiet. We understand this cabin is slightly wider than the one next door which comes into play at the foot of the bed. Would not hesitate to book this cabin again, but we are "aft lovers".

Archived