Best PreCruise Hotel in Seattle???

DJHere

We stayed at SeaTac last August in The Best Western, which was nice since we arrived at 7 pm but this year arriving at 9 am, so we want to stay downtown Seattle close to Pikes Market and other attractions. I didn't realize hotels would be $200.00 per night. We are willing to pay BUT Which hotel to stay??? We will need 5 rooms! The Sheraton has good reviews. OPEN for suggestions???

If you wait til after May 26, I will let you know how the Mayflower Park Inn. It has is 4 blocks from Pikes.... walking distance to a lot, next to Nordstrom, good location ....historical hotel with cruise pak. breakfast and shuttle vouchers to and from pier to ship...leave to Seattle for the pre in the morning woo hoo!!!

I booked one night on August 8th on Hotwire (Pikes Place area) a couple of days ago. Took a four and a half star for $224 and ended up with Hotel 1OOO.

I was very pleased as its rated the no. 1 hotel in Seattle on Tripadvisor, and the saving was substantial.

If you wait til after May 26, I will let you know how the Mayflower Park Inn. It has is 4 blocks from Pikes.... walking distance to a lot, next to Nordstrom, good location ....historical hotel with cruise pak. breakfast and shuttle vouchers to and from pier to ship...leave to Seattle for the pre in the morning woo hoo!!!

From one War Eagle to another, you should enjoy your stay. It's our usual Seattle hotel; we were there in May and it was a good as ever.

Great bar and breakfast too.

The Mayflower Park is currently my favorite Seattle hotel. The last time we were there was last March when we flew down from Alaska for a few days in Seattle, but we will also be staying at the Mayflower in September.

We always book one of the larger rooms, and find that it may be less expensive to forego their "packages." For example, we stayed there in May 2011 prior to a cruise, and while at that time they offered a "cruise package" which included shuttle to the cruise port, it was cheaper to book the room and just take a taxi. We were there in October 2012 to attend the King Tut exhibit; while the Mayflower offered a "King Tut package" which included tickets to the exhibit, it was again less expensive just to book the hotel and tickets separately.

We are non-smokers, so love the fact that the Mayflower is a non-smoking property. The location, with its proximity to the light rail and the monorail and easy walking distance to Pike Place Market, is wonderful. And we also enjoy the in-house restaurant, Andaluca.

You generally pay higher prices for hotels in the downtown core.

There are cheaper options near the Seattle Center ... from those hotels you can walk to the Seattle Center to catch the monorail downtown, then walk 3 blocks to the Market. Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inn are a couple of options to price.

Or look at Lake Union ... the Silver Cloud and Residence Inn are both by the lake. There's a nice park on the lake, watch the boat traffic and seaplanes, plus good restaurants. You can catch the Lake Union Streetcar to downtown. (the Silver Cloud runs a free shuttle van to several destinations downtown)

Visiti the Seattle forum of tripadvisor and look under Top Questions for hotel areas and info.

We just got back from our cruise and stayed 3 night pre-cruise at the Homewood Suites Convention Center on Pike Street. It's about a 15 minute walk from Pikes Place Market and 4 blocks from Westlake Station, which has the monorail you can take to the Space Needle. LOTS of restuarants and shopping nearby, including a small grocery store right next door. We even walked to Pioneer Square area one morning.

The walk back to the hotel is slightly uphill, but not bad. I am out of shape and managed just fine. The thing that I liked the most about the hotel was the breakfast and dinner they served (also beer and wine at dinner) Mon-Thurs. We figured this saved our family of four at least $250-300 in meals during our stay. They also had a small game room next to their pool/hot-tub up on the 5th floor.

I booked the room thru Expedia and paid about $150/night for a Queen Studio Suite, newly remodeled. It had a full kitchen, large closets.

If you stay here, be sure to request a room away from the street. We were on the 4th floor, but because of the hills, we had a street right outside our window. Once traffic died down when it was time for bed, it wasn't too bad and it never woke me up at night.

We stayed at SeaTac last August in The Best Western, which was nice since we arrived at 7 pm but this year arriving at 9 am, so we want to stay downtown Seattle close to Pikes Market and other attractions. I didn't realize hotels would be $200.00 per night. We are willing to pay BUT Which hotel to stay??? We will need 5 rooms! The Sheraton has good reviews. OPEN for suggestions???

For the last 4 years we stayed at the Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport

excellent hotel wonderful beds!

Rent a car for the day be more fun.

If you need transportation I can look up the transportation company we use VERY RELIABLE and reasonable.

It's Great for Everyone to share their Hotel choices & experiences. Thank You!!! I better get to booking as we will need 4-5 rooms. I told Our Group I would arrange the Hotel so I want to make a Good Choice.

We sail September 14 on the Princess Star. Just received a upgrade from Obstructed Oceanview to Oceanview. Everyone else has Minisuites so we will be visiting them.

My Bestie's Uncle is joining us from England so want to book a Nice Hotel that they will Enjoy.

Archived