Embarkation Time

darleen1421

How closely do they watch your embarkation time in your guide? Is it possible to embark earlier if you arrive at the terminal earlier?

You may be able to get onto the ship earlier that the time stated in your Guide, but usually only to tour the ship and have lunch in the Terrace Cafe.

The timing for when the cabins are ready for occupancy is usually fairly close to the stated embarkation time.

That said, the Suites are readied first, and once they are released for occupancy by the housekeeper, they work their way down.

Leaving the staterooms out of it (I mean, whether they are ready or not), what is the earliest embarkation time for a PH?

A few minutes after Noon is the earliest that we have experienced, but there is no guarantee, so if you get there that early you may have to wait in the embarkation area for a bit.

Better to plan for 1:30 or 2, and walk right onboard. gangway(1).jpg

Leaving the staterooms out of it (I mean, whether they are ready or not), what is the earliest embarkation time for a PH?
Oceania's web site says the following for suites (PH and up); see first bullet under the description for the respective cabin type at this link:

Priority 11am check-in and early embarkation with priority luggage deliver

Thanks for the answers--we'll be embarking in Barcelona after spending a week there, so we'll be ready to explore the ship. I suspect we'll try around noon.

Im so happy you are finally going on O..I will look forward to your thoughts and review!!

Jancruz1

Thanks for the answers--we'll be embarking in Barcelona after spending a week there, so we'll be ready to explore the ship. I suspect we'll try around noon.

We boarded in Marina in Barcelona around noon. That seems to be a good time.

Ricki

Oceania's web site says the following for suites (PH and up); see first bullet under the description for the respective cabin type at [Quote:

Priority 11am check-in and early embarkation with priority luggage deliverURL=https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/staterooms/default.aspx]this link[/url]:

This may be the default embarkation time for PH and higher suites, but for our recent cruise our documents stated noon was the embarkation time. I called our TA to confirm and he said for our voyage, O had designated noon embarkation times for all Concierge and suite cabins, and 3pm for all others. So it may be helpuful to read the final cruise docs before arranging transport to the ship.

I'm not sure if this was the reason, but for this embarkation port (Manhattan, NYC) there was a huge group of travel agents being allowed access to the ship at 11am for tours and luncheon. It was a wee bit annoying as a paying (PH) passenger to sit in the terminal while a group of 100+ agents got credentials and were ushered aboard. Of course, this is my fault as we did arrive at 11am rather than noon (we were worried about traffic heading to the pier as the NCL Breakaway was boarding 4200pax next to Marina).

DH's suitcase also did not have 'priority delivery'; it barely made our cabin before we sailed. Apparently the O tag was torn off by the pier handlers; thankfully someone matched the name tag to the passenger and got it to the correct ship in time. Next time I'm going to tape any extra O tags to our bags in a less-easily-torn-off location!

I'm not sure if this was the reason, but for this embarkation port (Manhattan, NYC) there was a huge group of travel agents being allowed access to the ship at 11am for tours and luncheon.

DH's suitcase also did not have 'priority delivery'; it barely made our cabin before we sailed. Apparently the O tag was torn off by the pier handlers; thankfully someone matched the name tag to the passenger and got it to the correct ship in time. Next time I'm going to tape any extra O tags to our bags in a less-easily-torn-off location!

Another good reason why we do not go early to the port

We have run into TA caravans before

Good idea about an extra tag on the luggage

Archived