My "Star"

bobpatj

Quickest and easiest and surest way: copy-and-paste the following string into your signature, then DELETE the two $ that I have inserted (to keep it from appearing here as a symbol) before you Save.

[img$]http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/1starMariner.gif[/img$]

Better yet, Preview before you save. If you are more than 1-star, just change the 1 to whatever.You should see 1starMariner.gif

Sometimes if you try to cut and paste the actual symbol as Sail suggested you might not get the IMG control code, and it will not work. But, if you want to try it first, I've just given you one to copy. :)

Well, I'm glad others are having success, but I must be doing something wrong! I'll keep trying, though.
Which way did you try, the long string or just copy/pasting the symbol 1starMariner.gif ? If the string, are you sure you deleted only the two $ and not either of the ] or the G before the $ ? What do you see when you Preview your edit? Do you have the leading [ before the first IMG? Do you have the / before the last IMG? Did you remember to Save the changes?

I tried the long string. I'm trying to put in a five star. All that showed up was the address.

Do you have images turned off?

I do have images turned off. When I entered John's string, and previewed, all I could see was the code. Then, I changed images to "on", looked again, and the 5* was there.

Then I turned images off again. I can't see my 5*, but other people can. I think.

I tried the long string. I'm trying to put in a five star. All that showed up was the address.
I can see it there, so if you still can't then I think Ruth is right ... you have images turned off. Do you need help changing that?

I can't see my 5*, but other people can. I think.
I can! :)

SUCCESS!!! Thank you. :)
Yaaaay!!!!

Thanks for the confirmation---and the instruction. :D You're a good teacher (and you made it easy on the rest of us).
Thanks. :) I was a systems and network manager for the last 15 years of my career and learned to break down explanations into simple steps ... usually for clueless upper management. Think "pointy haired boss" in Dilbert. I love that strip! :D

Archived