23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

I managed to lose .8 lbs this week. I managed to get in 4 one hour workouts that I feel good about. This will be a difficult week; Shopping for groceries tomorrow and beginning cooking for Thanksgiving on Thursday. There will be 16 of us here for Thanksgiving dinner... 10 of whom are staying here at the house with us Wednesday through Sunday. That's a lot of breakfasts, lunches and dinners to prepare. Maybe I'll be so busy cooking, serving and cleaning up I'll burn up all the extra calories that will be bouncing around here :-) Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Be safe this week.

Likewise, I hope you can be good and still have a great time with the family.

Aussies don't do Thanksgiving but we do know about all the food.:D

Happy Thanksgiving to you Marsda! And good luck with all the company, sounds like a lot of work. :eek:

You know, Thanksgiving happens to be my favorite holiday. We don't have to fool around buying presents for everyone and just concentrate on being together as a family. My sister and I trade off, so all this busy-ness is once every other year (we were at her house in Dallas last year). I love it that everyone drives down from Dallas and all pile in here at the house because it brings back memories of when we did it at MY grandmother's house when I was a little girl. All the cousins piled in beds, air mattresses, couches, etc (brings to mind "Grandma's Feather Bed" by John Denver). In the midst of all the craziness it makes me so happy that we all get along and are still close to each other.And that is why I'm thankful each year! Of course, I'll be truly honest and say that by the time Monday morning rolls around I'm especially thankful that everyone has gone back home and my house returns to quiet :-)

You know, Thanksgiving happens to be my favorite holiday. We don't have to fool around buying presents for everyone and just concentrate on being together as a family. My sister and I trade off, so all this busy-ness is once every other year (we were at her house in Dallas last year). I love it that everyone drives down from Dallas and all pile in here at the house because it brings back memories of when we did it at MY grandmother's house when I was a little girl. All the cousins piled in beds, air mattresses, couches, etc (brings to mind "Grandma's Feather Bed" by John Denver). In the midst of all the craziness it makes me so happy that we all get along and are still close to each other.And that is why I'm thankful each year! Of course, I'll be truly honest and say that by the time Monday morning rolls around I'm especially thankful that everyone has gone back home and my house returns to quiet :-)

That is nice, hope you all have a great thanksgiving.:D

I saw that 'Popcorn' was pardoned this morning by the President. Does that mean that 'Caramel' gets the chop?

gobble gobble:rolleyes:

Yup...probably ended up on the Presidential dining room table!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Rosie and I have had a long weekend away. We went to Phillip Island to see the Little Penguins (sometimes called Fairy Penguins). We have returned home now but quite a few takeaway meals and bottles of wine later, I am sure tomorrows weigh in will not be kind.:p

Rosie and I have had a long weekend away. We went to Phillip Island to see the Little Penguins (sometimes called Fairy Penguins). We have returned home now but quite a few takeaway meals and bottles of wine later, I am sure tomorrows weigh in will not be kind.:p

Oh no, 0.9kgs of unkindness have been dished out or more like dished in.:eek:

Oh no, 0.9kgs of unkindness have been dished out or more like dished in.:eek:

Well that's not too bad, Mic. Hope you had a good time on your mini-holiday!

I faired pretty well this week taking everything into consideration. Big Holiday meal, leftovers of Holiday meal, and dinner out 3 times! No loss, but no gain..a win as I see it! Must have been all that shopping running around that burned off some calories...although it sure got my bad knee out of whack....really hurting today.

Pat :)

Well that's not too bad, Mic. Hope you had a good time on your mini-holiday!

I faired pretty well this week taking everything into consideration. Big Holiday meal, leftovers of Holiday meal, and dinner out 3 times! No loss, but no gain..a win as I see it! Must have been all that shopping running around that burned off some calories...although it sure got my bad knee out of whack....really hurting today.

We had a great time, thanks. You did well with the whole Thanksgiving holiday meals. I hope your knee improves otherwise you will not be able to keep up you exercises and that can be an issue. One of the things this weekend was that I missed my regular soccer game which is normaly good for losing ratehr than gaining.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Here is hoping, it is the season and we have a weekend of Xmas parties/gatherings coming up so it may be harder than anticipated.:D

I've got a double whammy next week. Christmas luncheon on Wednesday in a nice Greek restaurant and then Christmas dinner out with friends Wed night. I'll have to be super good Mon & Tues and try to lose 1 - 2 pounds to accommodate 2 meals out on Wed.

I've got a double whammy next week. Christmas luncheon on Wednesday in a nice Greek restaurant and then Christmas dinner out with friends Wed night. I'll have to be super good Mon & Tues and try to lose 1 - 2 pounds to accommodate 2 meals out on Wed.

Good luck.

Suprise, suprise suprise, I lost 1.6 kgs this week. Less exercise, more eating and drinking. I don't know why or how but I will take it. This means I have lost 5.9kgs since 23 October (of the 8.2kgs that I put on). With only 7 weeks til we cruise again, the 2.3 kgs to go, is looking like a strong possibility.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Damage control going on here....gained 1/2 lb. Sure hope I make it through the rest of the year without a lot more backtracking!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Got our first real snow here in Chicago...It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Damage control going on here....gained 1/2 lb. Sure hope I make it through the rest of the year without a lot more backtracking!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Got our first real snow here in Chicago...It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Keep strong Pat, I have confidence in you.:)

FB has been going gangbusters with Hulagan snow pictures. I think Laura said it best when she said she loves the first snow but then wishes it would go away.:D

Keep strong Pat, I have confidence in you.:)

FB has been going gangbusters with Hulagan snow pictures. I think Laura said it best when she said she loves the first snow but then wishes it would go away.:D

Awww...thanks Mic (awesome L2C Buddy)!

and I agree with Laura...1st is pretty and Christmasy. After that it's just plain annoying! LOL