23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Fantastic job, Mic! You make it seem so easy.

Cheers.

No, it has not been easy, just very disciplined.

This week I have played 5 games of soccer, it has been hot. I have walked every day, hardly drunk any alcohol, just 2 glasses of wine on Sat night, had no cakes for dessert or snacks between meals and eating vegie curries and lots of salads for lunches and dinners. I am not complaining but it has certainly not been easy this week.:D

Well keep up the good work, I'm up 5 this past week, however had 2 IV infusions which usually make me gain. Sigh, the battle continues.

Don't worry about gains or losses due to medical procedures, that is all par for the course. Keep well and I hope you recover quickly.:D

Mic, I can't believe how disciplined and active you are! Good for you!

Deanna....stay strong. I hope you are feeling good and enjoying the Holidays!

As for me...I guess I can't figure out if I'm coming or going...reported I gained a half a pound last week when in reality, I lost that. And now this week, I gained one pound...and yes, I double checked my numbers, because I'm obviously very confused...,,LOL. Overall I need to lose 6.5 lbs to be at pre-cruise weight. It just ain't gonna happen over these next two weeks. Best I'll be doing is damage control with these Holidays. Well it is what it is. I am more likely to be successful if I can make a new commitment at the first of the year....and have over four months to work diligently at it before I sail again.

Have a good week everyone!

Pat :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Mic, I can't believe how disciplined and active you are! Good for you!

Deanna....stay strong. I hope you are feeling good and enjoying the Holidays!

As for me...I guess I can't figure out if I'm coming or going...reported I gained a half a pound last week when in reality, I lost that. And now this week, I gained one pound...and yes, I double checked my numbers, because I'm obviously very confused...,,LOL. Overall I need to lose 6.5 lbs to be at pre-cruise weight. It just ain't gonna happen over these next two weeks. Best I'll be doing is damage control with these Holidays. Well it is what it is. I am more likely to be successful if I can make a new commitment at the first of the year....and have over four months to work diligently at it before I sail again.

Have a good week everyone!

Thanks Pat,

Don't worry, you will do it, I have every confidence that you can and will reach your Goal. I am so confident that you can do it that with four months, I think you may even go a bit further.

cheers mic:D

Thanks for the encouragement Pat. Feeling great this week. Was rushed to emergency again last week for critically low potassium but I got an infusion and they have upped my daily dose, so feeling well and back into the swing of things. :D

I hope with the new year I stick out a resolution to get on that bike and do some floor exercises as well. I will be six weeks out to my next cruise so time to crunch ... literally lol.

Deanna....I just love your positive attitude! You just roll with the punches and keep your smile on. For such a young lady, you are a great role model to all of us no matter what our age. BTW...where is this next cruise taking you....someplace nice and warm, I hope!

Mic...you, of course, are right (as usual ;)). I can and will do it after the Holidays. My problem right now is the overwhelming amount of carbs I look at every day right now. I am very successful doing low-carb and even eating a little of these candies, cakes and breads is really throwing me off. Soon it will be back to almost solely protein and vegetables! Also, a niece of mine is going to bring over some low impact exercise tapes that she has for me to borrow, when I see her at our Family Christmas dinner on the 29th...which is at our house this year (25 people and wall to wall Food! :eek:).

Make Merry Everyone!

Thanks for the encouragement Pat. Feeling great this week. Was rushed to emergency again last week for critically low potassium but I got an infusion and they have upped my daily dose, so feeling well and back into the swing of things. :D

I hope with the new year I stick out a resolution to get on that bike and do some floor exercises as well. I will be six weeks out to my next cruise so time to crunch ... literally lol.

A great attitutde can master or at least help to cope with many issues and you are showing the way for many of us. Everytime there is a set back, you just get back up and carry on. I am sure you will look fab for your cruise.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Mic and Pat, thank you for the kind words. Woke up this morning to a two pound loss and have no idea how because I polished off a whole bag of chocolates yesterday and had the cheesiest grilled cheese for dinner, and oh ya had popcorn and chips before bed. Bad Deanna lol.

Pat, our next cruise is mid Feb and goes to the Caribbean, but we are hitting 2 new ports for us ... St. Bart's & Grand Turk. We also have another cruise 6 weeks later going down to the Panama Canal. We have never cruised so close together and would never again but the Caribbean one was too good of a deal to pass on, super cheap when we booked, it sold out in a week. And the Panama one, we thought about cancelling but we have the free drink packages and also $400 obc so didn't want to give all that up.

Happy Thursday everyone! I'm hyper today.:D

Mic and Pat, thank you for the kind words. Woke up this morning to a two pound loss and have no idea how because I polished off a whole bag of chocolates yesterday and had the cheesiest grilled cheese for dinner, and oh ya had popcorn and chips before bed. Bad Deanna lol.

Pat, our next cruise is mid Feb and goes to the Caribbean, but we are hitting 2 new ports for us ... St. Bart's & Grand Turk. We also have another cruise 6 weeks later going down to the Panama Canal. We have never cruised so close together and would never again but the Caribbean one was too good of a deal to pass on, super cheap when we booked, it sold out in a week. And the Panama one, we thought about cancelling but we have the free drink packages and also $400 obc so didn't want to give all that up.

Happy Thursday everyone! I'm hyper today.:D

Great news for you.

We just loved the Panama Canal, we want to do it again when the new locks are finished (maybe another years time). Great deals to get drinks, OBC and a super cheap price. Enjoy the hyperness while it lasts. Cheers mic:D

Dropped another 0.2 kgs - leaving just 2kgs to go for my goal weight and a total loss of 6.6kgs since the cruise. Xmas will/may put a slow down on my goal but I am confident I can do it. Merry Xmas everyone.:D

Mic, that's great! Merry Christmas to you and Rosie!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

What's everyone got planned for New Year's Eve?

After all the cooking and baking I'll have put in between Thanksgiving and this coming Sunday (family dinner for 25 at our house!), I think I'll need a day of R&R. Just a quiet evening at home with a couple of cocktails! Then on NY's day, Hubby and I are going out to a nice steakhouse for a dinner alone. Good way to start out the year!

BTW...No loss/no gain last week.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

What's everyone got planned for New Year's Eve?

After all the cooking and baking I'll have put in between Thanksgiving and this coming Sunday (family dinner for 25 at our house!), I think I'll need a day of R&R. Just a quiet evening at home with a couple of cocktails! Then on NY's day, Hubby and I are going out to a nice steakhouse for a dinner alone. Good way to start out the year!

BTW...No loss/no gain last week.

Yes, we had a great Xmas here in Australia, Glad you have been enjoying family and friends during the past week. That is what makes this time of year so special.

As for NYE, we will be celebrating with some friends at a venue still to be decided but there will be alcohol involved.

I am thinking I would have gained this week with all the feasting but Monday will be weigh in time, anyway, I still have four weeks til the cruise so I have some time to get it off again. Have a great week leading up to New Years and be safe.:D

Yes, we had a great Xmas here in Australia, Glad you have been enjoying family and friends during the past week. That is what makes this time of year so special.

As for NYE, we will be celebrating with some friends at a venue still to be decided but there will be alcohol involved.

I am thinking I would have gained this week with all the feasting but Monday will be weigh in time, anyway, I still have four weeks til the cruise so I have some time to get it off again. Have a great week leading up to New Years and be safe.:D

Up 0.3 kgs this week which is not bad considering. Happy new year all and good luck.:D

Whew....I made it through our big family dinner here at our house yesterday. We had a great time, but honestly I am so glad it is over now. Won't need to worry about having that whole group again for another 5 years as the siblings rotate out each year.

Weighed in this morning (scarey!)....and I might have gained a little under a half a lb. Don't know how I got away with that....must have been all the housework burning calories! lol

Everyone have a fun, but safe New Year's Eve!

I'm down 2 this week. New Year's Eve we are headed out to dinner with my parents at one of those Japanese places where they cook your meal right at your table. Yum, I can already taste my filet mignon slurp.

Well done, Have a great New Years and really enjoy your filet mignon.:D

Whew....I made it through our big family dinner here at our house yesterday. We had a great time, but honestly I am so glad it is over now. Won't need to worry about having that whole group again for another 5 years as the siblings rotate out each year.

Weighed in this morning (scarey!)....and I might have gained a little under a half a lb. Don't know how I got away with that....must have been all the housework burning calories! lol

Everyone have a fun, but safe New Year's Eve!

Thanks Pat, well done to you as well. have a great (and safe) New Years. see you all on the other side.:D

We have made it to 2014, happy new year everyone.

I lost 0.5kgs since last week, how I do not know but i will take it. I am only 1.8kgs away from my goal with 3 1/2 weeks to get there. It may be tight (not just the clothes).:D

Way to go, Mic! Lookin' good! You will most definitely make your goal!

Me? I've been going in the wrong direction. Gained 2 lbs this week. Holidays are over! No more excuses! Get the rest of leftovers into the garbage! Get going with those exercise DVDs that my niece lent me!

Right now my extra fat is keeping me warm...LOL...going to be a high of minus 15 degrees tommow here in Chicago!! :eek:

Way to go, Mic! Lookin' good! You will most definitely make your goal!

Me? I've been going in the wrong direction. Gained 2 lbs this week. Holidays are over! No more excuses! Get the rest of leftovers into the garbage! Get going with those exercise DVDs that my niece lent me!

Right now my extra fat is keeping me warm...LOL...going to be a high of minus 15 degrees tommow here in Chicago!! :eek:

Thanks Pat,

You need to warm yourself by burning some calories at the same time, move as much as you can, all of the time, and it will work it way off. You can keep those temps, way too cold for me. :D