Elation -- Woman overboard!

TxShipShape

They just mentioned it on our local Houston news station. All they said was that a female passenger has been missing since Friday and they feared she may have fallen overboard. The Elation is returning to Galveston tomorrow.

They just mentioned it on our local Houston news station. All they said was that a female passenger has been missing since Friday and they feared she may have fallen overboard. The Elation is returning to Galveston tomorrow.
Oh thats not good.:(

Channel 2 news in Houston just reported a women has been missing since yesterday. She was last seen yesterday on one of the decks. There is a search going on in the Belize area. I live 25 miles from Galveston and we rearly hear reports of cruise ship news.

Wow.......how sad......I figured it was probably true even though not in the news yet.....Seems we had another one like this that we heard about on CC before it became news,,,,,,Amazing how the internet can inform people before the news reports it....but sad for the family of this lady.:(

I just don't get how a regular passenger, who's not a crew member that may be in a compromised position by cleaning windows or something like that, can fall overboard in broad daylight. They say her husband reported her missing around 11:00 am. Something isn't right with this story. I'm believe there's a woman missing. But it's just not possible to trip and fall overboard on these ships.

local channel just advised the Elation is due back into port in about 30 minutes one person short.

I just checked the webcam again, it does not appear to be operating properly, it is not updating the pic every 6 seconds like it is supposed to

Oh my. This makes me sad. I had hoped it was a hoax, or that somebody was kidding around with the OP. I was so glad to see the article about the other lady who fell off a pleasure craft in Galveston (she was ok) - and posted that yesterday, thinking it was a mixup. That post mysteriously disappeared.:rolleyes: I feel so sorry for the lady's family.

The Harbor house web cam has not up-dated in past hour. The Elation could have docked and we would not notice it. I'm sorry to hear about anyone going missing from a ship. This is difficult for all concerned. Like another poster said. To fall overboard you must really work at it.

Dave

Mom, go back to that website and look directly to your left at the top....there's a little list. Click on web cams. There are several, so go down to the harbor cam. The Elation is docked.

Archived