We recently noticed you had multiple accounts on file with us. No worries. We’ve merg

Guest debbiejohncruise

Guest debbiejohncruise

This is the third time I have received a new Latitude number with the same email message! I remember someone else on here commenting on the very same thing. I registered online on the NCL website before we booked our cruise (got my first #), booked our trip through a group tour (got my second #) (it was cancelled), booked through another company, using my latitude # given to me and then got my THIRD latitude #. Something is definitely wrong with their system. It's never happened to us with other companies.:confused:

Yes, this has happened to me three times as well and for no discernible reason. This last time I had to refil out my cruise docs even though they were already completed. It's annoying

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Got a new number 2 yrs ago when appied for the HSN OBC (what a hassle) got new number but everything merged just fine! You can check everything out going into your My NCL file and checking cruise history and your Lattitude pts.

Oh... Why is this a bad thing? It happened to me but all the history and points stayed the same. The technology is not that sophisticated I guess. We have the same problems at my office with employee id cards. Often times the system ends up with duplicates so merges have to be done. As long as data doesn't get lost, it shouldn't be bad right?

DH and I are on our 4th or 5th latitudes number. A couple of them were HSN related and I don't know about the others. And each time they merged, they went with the new number instead of the old original number. DUH! I finally called to complain and I believe they said if a TA calls in for a quote, they assign a random latitudes number to the call. When booking with a TA, I always supply my number, but not sure if they give that number to NCL for a quote.

In any case, I suggested they might want to save themselves some grief from us cruisers by merging to the old number instead of the new. For this HSN promo, ours came through under our correct Latitudes number, but some are getting new numbers that then have to be merged.

Oh... Why is this a bad thing? It happened to me but all the history and points stayed the same. The technology is not that sophisticated I guess. We have the same problems at my office with employee id cards. Often times the system ends up with duplicates so merges have to be done. As long as data doesn't get lost, it shouldn't be bad right?

To me, it just opens up the possibility of something falling through the cracks when they merge. I do not want to have to be checking my account to make sure that my totals are correct.

And, because you need your Latitudes number when you book, each time they change it, I have to find it in my list of passwords and so forth and change it yet again. It just gets old after a while. You would think they could figure this out.

And, as someone mentioned, they had to do their on line check in again after the new number was issued.

Edited by punkincc

To me, it just opens up the possibility of something falling through the cracks when they merge. I do not want to have to be checking my account to make sure that my totals are correct.

And, because you need your Latitudes number when you book, each time they change it, I have to find it in my list of passwords and so forth and change it yet again. It just gets old after a while. You would think they could figure this out.

And, as someone mentioned, they had to do their on line check in again after the new number was issued.

It is all automated so stuff won't fall through easily. This technical issue is probably driving the developers of these systems nuts. For the sake of their sanity they will probably fix it sooner than later.

I remember getting a number when I first signed into MY NCL. This was before I had even booked our first cruise. However, that number was never used for anything all my points were under a different number that was assigned after the first cruse. It seems that they shouldn't even assign a number until you complete your first cruise since that's where most people run into the problem of multiple numbers.

It seems your issue is with other parties than NCL? You booked a group tour and another with a TA, depending on how they entered the info, that would account for you getting new numbers.

Not true! I only book with ncl and this has happened 5 times in the past 7 years and long after I have booked, and three times I lost half of my points Do not know why and when asked NCL doesn't seem to know either its a pain :mad:

Edited by RNPJN

Guest debbiejohncruise

We have cruised 12 times and have yet to cruise with NCL and have already had 3 new numbers. It is ridiculous. If they want customers, they need to fix this problem. Not impressed NCL. Also have heard that customers who have dealt directly with NCL have not had great phone service with the staff. My husband, who saw an NCL ship next to our very first cruise with Sitmar (32 years ago) has always wanted to travel with NCL and this is our first experience and it has been the worst cruise line to deal with online!!!!:confused:

Yes, this has happened to me three times as well and for no discernible reason. This last time I had to refil out my cruise docs even though they were already completed. It's annoying

Well, that would explain why my online checkin info disappeared...

My hospital used to have this problem with giving people new medical record numbers before we came into THIS century with software.

Not true! I only book with ncl and this has happened 5 times in the past 7 years and long after I have booked, and three times I lost half of my points Do not know why and when asked NCL doesn't seem to know either its a pain :mad:

I have no clue, I was responding to the OP who stated the had used NCL, a group tour and another company and got three different Latitudes numbers. That could explain why new numbers are assigned.

Mine was merged, I went from Platinum to zip, called NCL, called TA, took time sitting listening to music, finally, a few days later, fixed. Last 10 cruises all with same latitudes #. Very first one (11th), for some reason, even though I booked via NCL, was not credited so all went and everything moved under a 3rd number. Fixed now. Seemed easier just to add the 4 points to the existing mass rather than generate a new number. Sigh. margretha

Just wild speculation here, but perhaps the 'source' of the new Latitudes numbers, such as HSN thru their promotion, gets some kind of credit for feeding NCL a 'new prospect'......could be monetary perhaps. Would explain why it happens in some cases....

.....now it makes sense why I received two of these emails recently. I originally booked the 9/1 Breakaway cruise, called in my promotion and received the letter a couple of days later. Canceled that cruise, booked the 8/25 cruise instead, gave them the same number from the last one since it was never 'used', got the promotion and then received the letter a couple of days later.

I'll gladly accept the letter every time if it means I get the $100 OBC!

;)

wasiii

Other than the HSN promotion, after which I did get the email about merged accounts and a new Latitudes #, earlier in my cruising life with NCL I did have mutliple Lat numbers with no logical reason. Had to call NCL to get them merged and make sure all cruises showed.

One of the NCL mysteries along with who gets upgrade/upsell calls I suppose!

We were merged and all was lost. Our 14 day cruise from May hasn't shown up in our points and we decided to cruise in July, so we switched to Princess. Once NCL fixes their glitches, we'll book them again. Didn't have time for their 6-10 week response.

It only happens when you book through a third party and they don't use your prior number to book. When you update your account their system recognize you as a past guest and merge the accounts. If you book through them it does not happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I've had the same number all along. Booked first two cruises through TAs ( different ones each time), the rest through PCCs. I've even gotten the HSN obc with out generating a new number. All of our bookings were done via a phone call so perhaps that may account for our luck so far.

• 6 months later...

Just had this happen to me after booking the Breakaway for a March 2nd voyage. This is my 3rd cruise with NCL this year and I used the same TA to book all of them. Erased all cruise history, points, and level. I called and the first person said to re-registered. That didn't work and the second said another NCL department needs to correct it and will. No date for resolution but told me to call back in a few weeks if its not corrected. I'm a big fan of NCL products but this is frustrating... Hopefully they will fix it.