Cruising CARNIVAL MIRACLE to ALASKA June 2013 REVIEW

Dumb question - which would be better, in your opinion, a port or starboard side balcony? I know we'd get to see both sides as we change direction on the return, but from previous experience I know that sometimes the ship moves faster on the return to port, so you may not have as much time to really observe/take pictures from your balcony.

Thanks again for sharing your cruise!

On this particular route where you are going round trip from Seattle, starboard side is best. If you are traveling the inside passage (for example on Royal Caribbean where you start in Vancouver and end in Seward) then portside is best

Of course, the BEST OF THE BEST is a aft facing cabin!! :D

Edit: What thecruiserofships said is true. There is no science to what side you will actually dock on. My info was based more on scenery in water than actual dock view ... but even that isn't an actual science!! LOL

Your best bet is the aft facing cabin (but be warned - once you do that, it is hard to ever go back ;) )

Edited by Rachel83706

On this particular route where you are going round trip from Seattle, starboard side is best. If you are traveling the inside passage (for example on Royal Caribbean where you start in Vancouver and end in Seward) then portside is best

Of course, the BEST OF THE BEST is a aft facing cabin!! :D

Edit: What thecruiserofships said is true. There is no science to what side you will actually dock on. My info was based more on scenery in water than actual dock view ... but even that isn't an actual science!! LOL

Your best bet is the aft facing cabin (but be warned - once you do that, it is hard to ever go back ;) )

Agree!

Review Background: I was on the Carnival Miracle's June 11-18, 2013, Alaska 7-Day cruise. This was my 7th Carnival Cruise, 1st time to Alaska, and 1st time on the Carnival Miracle. The cruise went to Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Victoria. One of the days of the cruise was a scenic day through the Tracy Arm Fjord.

Now For the Review: I really wanted to post the review info and pictures here on this thread, but I can't get any of my pictures to load to the thread. Although this was a set back to writing and publishing this review, I decided to post the pictures to my personal cruise website. Here is the link to view my review:

Link to My Carnival Miracle Alaska 2013 Cruise Review

I also uploaded Funtimes to the review page as well as some other handouts I got from the cruise.

I am doing the cruise review in parts, by day. At the time of first starting this thread I have Day 1 - Seattle, Day 2 - Sea Day, and Day 3- Tracy Arm Fjord.

If you have any questions please ask!

I will try to answer any questions about the cruise or ports of call.

I hate that I have to wait till I get home to check your review out.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We are going on the same carnival ship to Alaska this summer 2014. They just announced that they will not be able to make Ketchikan port. Based on your experience would you rebook? Will we really be missing out by not going to this port? We have extended times in Juenu and Victoria. Thanks