What should be my must packs for a 28 day cruise with 3 kids?

giselleacttwo

We're heading out on a 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise this October. We have two boys ages 8 and 10 and a 2 year old girl. We cruised with the older two a couple years ago, but we've never been on a boat this long. What should we bring that will help keep our cabins organized/help us enjoy our trip and our (many, many) days at sea? I plan to bring a shoe organizer and some Tide pods, but I'm drawing a blank on what else to pack. :eek:

Does your cruiseline have a passenger laundry? That would determine if I brought detergent or not! Not all ships have a laundry for passenger use.

Man...that's a LONG time to be on vacation...and especially on a ship! I don't think I'd bring anything special....maybe a collapsable laundry hamper...but that's about it!

You really won't need more than a weeks worth of stuff...just keep reusing! Do laundry, or send it out...or use a port day to do it on land!

Does your cruiseline have a passenger laundry? That would determine if I brought detergent or not! Not all ships have a laundry for passenger use.

Yes! I checked the deckplans and we have one near our stateroom. We're on Princess. I don't think I'd sail with kids on a ship without a passenger laundry. They're messy little creatures. :D

I agree with cb - I love the collapsable hampers. We used one for laundry and another for toys/kid stuff so I could just throw all their stuff into the hamper in the morning before the room steward came in - and that way it didn't take up a drawer.

We were also on Princess for a 15 crossing that was mostly sea days. Having the laundry close was great because I could do it on off times and just go back and forth from the cabin to change it out.

Don't wait for the last island to buy supplies - we missed our last port (Maui) due to sea conditions and a lot of parents were up a creek who had planned to buy diapers, etc there before 5 sea days.

A blow up bath tub will be great for your toddler to have some water play. And it will be nice that she can play in the kids club, even though she can't be dropped off.

Best,

Mia

I agree with cb - I love the collapsable hampers. We used one for laundry and another for toys/kid stuff so I could just throw all their stuff into the hamper in the morning before the room steward came in - and that way it didn't take up a drawer.

We were also on Princess for a 15 crossing that was mostly sea days. Having the laundry close was great because I could do it on off times and just go back and forth from the cabin to change it out.

Don't wait for the last island to buy supplies - we missed our last port (Maui) due to sea conditions and a lot of parents were up a creek who had planned to buy diapers' date=' etc there before 5 sea days.

A blow up bath tub will be great for your toddler to have some water play. And it will be nice that she can play in the kids club, even though she can't be dropped off.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Excellent. I have some of the collapsible hampers that have fallen into disuse so I can bring them along. And great idea on the inflatable tub. Thanks CB and Mia.

Anybody on a top bunk?

We use a pocket holder on the hook by the top bunk on Carnival. The upper pockets become the nightstand for the bunkdweller.

When our kids were that age we had them do cruise journals.

School books or other activity books. We find it easier to copy and comb bind their school books. Much lighter and if it gets lost we won't have to pay for it's replacement.

An area map to keep track of where you've been.

Instead of an area map, how about an inflatable globe? They used to come in several sizes, some as large as a beachball. EM

A paper map is easier to mark.;)

Archived