Azamazing Evening April 15th 2014 cruise

Glenndale

Thanks for the information.

Now what is the procedure to book this event and when can it be done?

Joe

Hello Joe -

The procedure to book the AzAmazing Evenings event is accomplished online at our website. Here is a link to that section: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/azamazing-evenings

As I mentioned, sometime during the week of July 29, 2013 we expect to have all the AzAmazing Evening events for 2014 on our website. At that time when the events are loaded, is when you can begin the process:

Make sure you have made at least one payment toward your Voyage.

Please book online at least four days prior to the voyage.

If you don’t pre-book the event online but decide to participate once onboard, you may sign up until the morning of the event, space permitting.

You can book your AzAmazing Evenings event by identifying the voyage and name of the event in a table that will appear.

Then click on the ‘Book Your AzAmazing Evenings Event’ button. (This will redirect you to the Land Discoveries® booking page.)

Fill in your reservation number, last name, ship and sail date, and then hit the "Submit" button.

appear.

If you need assistance contact our Call Center at 1-877-999-9553.

Enjoy your AzAmazing Evening event in Puerto Vallarta!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

i am waiting for winter 2014 from Jan 5h thru march 16th.

even if you got the dates wrong it is still a jumping off point to book private tours.. so thanks:D

Hello Robin -

Here is a list of the departure dates for both vessels departing between January 5 and May 17, 2014. I think you're only interested in the Azamara Quest, but I included the Azamara Journey in case other readers viewed this post. Remember, until this information is posted on our website, it is subject to change.

Ship Voy Date AE Date

QS 5-Jan >10-Jan

JR 6-Jan >13-Jan

QS 15-Jan >24-Jan

JR 21-Jan >30-Jan

QS 29-Jan > 5-Feb

JR 3-Feb >10-Feb

QS 10-Feb >13-Feb

JR 17-Feb >25-Feb

QS 18-Feb >20-Feb

JR 3-Mar >14-Mar

QS 4-Mar >6-Mar

QS 16-Mar >23-Mar

JR 17-Mar >19-Mar

I hope this information helps with your planning. Thank you for your loyalty to Azamara.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

• 2 weeks later...
IMPORTANT CORRECTIONS ABOUT AZAMAZING EVENINGS

Hello 2014 AzAmazing Evening Followers:

On June 28, when I posted the AzAmazing Evenings from the preliminary information that I had at the time, I warned you that "this information is subject to change and is NOT final."

I need to advise you of some corrections. Yesterday, I received updated information about AzAmazing Evenings and found three voyages had changed. Below are the same voyages with the most up to date scheduled plans:

Azamara Journey: 2014 Departure Date and AZE Date

Jan 6 - AZE / set Jan 13 - Ho Chi Minh City = No Change

Jan 21 - AZE / set Jan 30 - Bangkok = No Change

Feb 3 - AZE / set Feb 10 - Ho Chi Minh City = No Change

Feb 17 - AZE / TBD - Okinawa on Feb 22 = CHANGE - Feb 25 - Tokyo

Mar 03 - AZE / TBD - Hiroshima on Mar 7 = CHANGE - Mar 14 - Taipei, Taiwan

Mar 17 - AZE / set Mar 19 - Manila = No Change

Apr 3 - AZE / TBD - Phuket on Apr 6 = No Change

Apr 15 - AZE / set Apr 25 - Aqaba = DATE & PLACE CHANGE - Apr 27 - Safaga

According to our tour operations team, the week of July 29, 2013 is the target date for having the completed 2014 line-up on our website.

I go back to my comment, that it's best to do the right things right the first-time. You can see what happens when I "jump the gun."

Lesson learned - it's better to disappoint with no information rather than the wrong information.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill, My apologies if I am a bit out of date but your reply of the 6th July concerning AZE for the 15th April'14 advised it would take place at Safaga on 27th April! Having booked a shore excursion to Luxor on that day (dept 0630am with a 14hours duration) together with, no doubt, many more Azamaraians, do I assume it is a "take your pick" scenario?

If it is I would suggest it does not seem a very cost effective exercise plus it would leave, myself included, potentially many disgruntled cruisers !

Bill, My apologies if I am a bit out of date but your reply of the 6th July concerning AZE for the 15th April'14 advised it would take place at Safaga on 27th April! Having booked a shore excursion to Luxor on that day (dept 0630am with a 14hours duration) together with, no doubt, many more Azamaraians, do I assume it is a "take your pick" scenario?

If it is I would suggest it does not seem a very cost effective exercise plus it would leave, myself included, potentially many disgruntled cruisers !

Hello Zuluwarrior -

I understand your point and to avoid further inferences, please let me check the AzAmazing Evening schedule with our tour operations team to reconfirm those details.

Until then, please stand-by and I'll report the final information once received to all the "Azamaraians." Is it 'OK' if I used the word you just coined?

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

:):)

Hello Zuluwarrior -

I understand your point and to avoid further inferences, please let me check the AzAmazing Evening schedule with our tour operations team to reconfirm those details.

Until then, please stand-by and I'll report the final information once received to all the "Azamaraians." Is it 'OK' if I used the word you just coined?

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

IMPORTANT CORRECTIONS ABOUT AZAMAZING EVENINGS

Hello 2014 AzAmazing Evening Followers:

On June 28, when I posted the AzAmazing Evenings from the preliminary information that I had at the time, I warned you that "this information is subject to change and is NOT final."

I need to advise you of some corrections. Yesterday, I received updated information about AzAmazing Evenings and found three voyages had changed. Below are the same voyages with the most up to date scheduled plans:

Azamara Journey: 2014 Departure Date and AZE Date

Jan 6 - AZE / set Jan 13 - Ho Chi Minh City = No Change

Jan 21 - AZE / set Jan 30 - Bangkok = No Change

Feb 3 - AZE / set Feb 10 - Ho Chi Minh City = No Change

Feb 17 - AZE / TBD - Okinawa on Feb 22 = CHANGE - Feb 25 - Tokyo

Mar 03 - AZE / TBD - Hiroshima on Mar 7 = CHANGE - Mar 14 - Taipei, Taiwan

Mar 17 - AZE / set Mar 19 - Manila = No Change

Apr 3 - AZE / TBD - Phuket on Apr 6 = No Change

Apr 15 - AZE / set Apr 25 - Aqaba = DATE & PLACE CHANGE - Apr 27 - Safaga

According to our tour operations team, the week of July 29, 2013 is the target date for having the completed 2014 line-up on our website.

I go back to my comment, that it's best to do the right things right the first-time. You can see what happens when I "jump the gun."

Lesson learned - it's better to disappoint with no information rather than the wrong information.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Dear Mr Leiber,

I note your statement about the planning of the Azamazing evening for the Journey cruise beginning 15 April 2014 with some surprise. On 28 June, I received an email informing me that the itinerary for this cruise (which I booked direct with Azamara UK) had been changed to accommodate the Azamazing evening. The pdf itinerary attached showed that the change had been to lengthen the stay In Fujairah in order for the Azamazing evening to take place.

You are now saying that this evening will take place in Safaga where - like many of my fellow passengers - we have already booked a ship's tour to the Valley of the Kings, an extremely long day which will deliver us back to the ship rather late - and even if our return were before the departure to the Azamazing evening, we would certainly not be in any mood to rush out again for it!

Please could you explain what on earth you and the Azamara staff are playing at? I'm not very impressed.

I would skip the evening and spend your time in Luxor. We were just there in April. It is amazing. I understand it might be 3 hours from Safaga (someone else can confirm). If it takes that long and you leave by 6:30am that means you won't be there until 9:30am. At Valley of the Kings once you get your tickets you take a shuttle to the entrance, so may be there by 10:00am. We paid extra for King Tuts tomb and another one (so 5 tombs, the reg entrance ticket is for 3 tombs). You may have time to rush through there and Karnack temple plus stop for lunch, and than head back to Safaga at 2:30pm to make the 5:30pm evening event.

Azamara should have planned the overnight in Safaga and had the evening event on arrival so you would have a full day in Luxor. There are many other temples and places to see including Luxor Temple, Queen Hatshepsut Temple, Colossi of Memnon, and Luxor Museum, and you won't have time if you need to get back for an evening event.

Edited by Jade13

I would skip the evening and spend your time in Luxor. We were just there in April. It is amazing. I understand it might be 3 hours from Safaga (someone else can confirm). If it takes that long and you leave by 6:30am that means you won't be there until 9:30am. At Valley of the Kings once you get your tickets you take a shuttle to the entrance, so may be there by 10:00am. We paid extra for King Tuts tomb and another one (so 5 tombs, the reg entrance ticket is for 3 tombs). You may have time to rush through there and Karnack temple plus stop for lunch, and than head back to Safaga at 2:30pm to make the 5:30pm evening event.

Azamara should have planned the overnight in Safaga and had the evening event on arrival so you would have a full day in Luxor. There are many other temples and places to see including Luxor Temple, Queen Hatshepsut Temple, Colossi of Memnon, and Luxor Museum, and you won't have time if you need to get back for an evening event.

Totally agree with Jade13

We were there in May.

Luxor is incredible - it will be AMAZING all by itself.

Hi Bill. sorry to be a pest, another brit surfaces lol. everyone pestering you about azamazing evenings in april and may and june etc next year !!!! any news yet on quest cruise 18th feb from LA, or should we be a bit more patient and wait until next month to check again. regards

Hello Bosscat, Zuluwarrior and other 2014 AzAmazing Evening Followers -

Earlier this month, I reported that our tour operations team had set the week of July 29, 2013 as the target date for having the completed 2014 line-up on our website.

In the interim, however, we have decided to conduct a complete review of all the 2014 AzAmazing Evenings. That means that the previous information that I shared with you may or may not be subject to change. At this point in time, we expect to be able to present the final line-up in late August or early September.

I realize how eager you all are to plan ahead and hope that you can muster some more patience as we ensure that this critical destination-immersion component is formulated properly. As I said before, it's best to do the right things right, the first-time.

I'll be following the AzAmazing Evening schedule with our tour operations team and let you know more official information as it becomes available.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Bosscat, Zuluwarrior and other 2014 AzAmazing Evening Followers -

Earlier this month, I reported that our tour operations team had set the week of July 29, 2013 as the target date for having the completed 2014 line-up on our website.

In the interim, however, we have decided to conduct a complete review of all the 2014 AzAmazing Evenings. That means that the previous information that I shared with you may or may not be subject to change. At this point in time, we expect to be able to present the final line-up in late August or early September.

I realize how eager you all are to plan ahead and hope that you can muster some more patience as we ensure that this critical destination-immersion component is formulated properly. As I said before, it's best to do the right things right, the first-time.

I'll be following the AzAmazing Evening schedule with our tour operations team and let you know more official information as it becomes available.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for the update Bill, I think!

Yvonne

Thank you Bill, absolutely right that any review is fully concluded before we hear more. And glad to hear that even though from the customer perspective with a few wrinkles the evenings are a great success that everyone is taking stock - I bet there are behind the scenes challenges we are not aware of that need looking at as a priority!

Will give you slack until late September as I know the timings on these announcements often slip.

Edited by uktog

Bill, I think rather than eagerness to know when the Azamazing evening is going to be on the cruise in the subject heading Bosscat was making the point that they had received communication directly from Azamara that the schedule of the cruise had changed, the evening departure from Fujairah was going to be later and this would accommodate the Azamazing evening there. Nothing further heard direct from Azamara so would assume this will be the date. This contradicts what you have said to be the evening venue, is confusing and of course isn't right first time either!

Phil

Bill, I think rather than eagerness to know when the Azamazing evening is going to be on the cruise in the subject heading Bosscat was making the point that they had received communication directly from Azamara that the schedule of the cruise had changed, the evening departure from Fujairah was going to be later and this would accommodate the Azamazing evening there. Nothing further heard direct from Azamara so would assume this will be the date. This contradicts what you have said to be the evening venue, is confusing and of course isn't right first time either!

Phil

Hello Phil -

Thank you for your comments about the revised departure time from Fujairah and the impact that it might have had on the AzAmazing Evening. Actually, I learned about our decision to review of all of our 2014 AzAmazing Evenings when I sought out the answer to that specific question. Still at this time, I'm unable to share with you the final decision about the AzAmazing Evening planned for the Azamara Journey's April 15, 2014 voyage.

Phil, I'm trying to improve my batting average with the accuracy of the information I deliver on Cruise Critic. Dealing with a matrix structured organization in which each brand's land operations reports to a centralized corporate unit requires more time for re-confirmation.

As I said before, it's better to disappoint with no information rather than the wrong information. Nevertheless, I'm still seeking an answer on the port of call for the AzAmazing Evening and hoping that I can respond later with at least that information.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Phil, I'm trying to improve my batting average with the accuracy of the information I deliver on Cruise Critic. Dealing with a matrix structured organization in which each brand's land operations reports to a centralized corporate unit requires more time for re-confirmation.

Thanks Bill. I know you try your hardest to get the correct information out there and sometimes not ably assisted by other areas of the business. Will wait to see what transpires with these upcoming AzAmazing evenings. It's only because I'm looking forward to trying my first one!

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Hello Azamara Journey April 15, 2014 Guests -

Great news!

I can now confirm "Fujairah" as the port on April 18th for the AzAmazing Evening event. The theme will be a "Magical Bedouin Evening in the Desert."

Thanks for your patience. The latest update is that the 2014 line-up will be ready on August 31, 2013.

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Great news!

I can now confirm "Fujairah" as the port on April 18th for the AzAmazing Evening event. The theme will be a "Magical Bedouin Evening in the Desert."

Thanks for your patience. The latest update is that the 2014 line-up will be ready on August 31, 2013.

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks so much Bill for this information!

Now it's on to planning the other ports of call.

Richard

Great news!

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Brilliant:)

Thanks Bill

Bill, many thanks for the update.....it sounds like it will be a great evening. Keep up the good work.

Great news!

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises