Statendam Pacific WW2 Cruise Volcano Erupts!!

Bellair

I came across these images from our 2007 Statendam WW2 Cruise.

While the ship visited the remote port of Rabaul Papua New Guinea, the volcano erupted spewing out ash over a wide area & catching both passengers & the ship without warning. (see images of passengers & Volcano)

I can advise that it was like needles raining down. The ship crew took 3 days to clean the vessel as we sailed onto Yap, Guam, Saipan & Iwo Jima.

To watch it live, watch part 1 & two of the video (link to youtube below) as seen by over 12,000 people to date.

Statendam WW2 Pacific Cruise 2008 Pt 1 video

Statendam WW2 Pacific Cruise 2008 Pt.2 video

Enjoy

Bellair

2017742935_VolcanoeruptsRabaul2PNG.jpg.d071cc785cd69071bf8ca6af99d87c0b.jpg

1048584263_PaxonStatendamVolcanoash22007RabaulPapuaNewGuinea.jpg.9e90a6ad67a12d83aadc885bec08e270.jpg

I came across these images from our 2007 Statendam WW2 Cruise.

While the ship visited the remote port of Rabaul Papua New Guinea, the volcano erupted spewing out ash over a wide area & catching both passengers & the ship without warning. (see images of passengers & Volcano)

I can advise that it was like needles raining down. The ship crew took 3 days to clean the vessel as we sailed onto Yap, Guam, Saipan & Iwo Jima.

To watch it live, watch part 1 & two of the video (link to youtube below) as seen by over 12,000 people to date.

Statendam WW2 Pacific Cruise 2008 Pt 1 video

Statendam WW2 Pacific Cruise 2008 Pt.2 video

Enjoy

Bellair

As I told you yesterday, I cannot get enough of your videos!! Heck, as I told you yesterday, I am subscribed to your YouTube Channel:)

Got up this morning and instead of checking email first, I saw this thread, with you as the OP and HAD to read:) Oh MY!!! I have been on you tube for over 2 hours now just watching your videos:)

Such professional videos and so captivating!!

Thank you!! You are awesome to share these with all of us, and I am so grateful!!

Joanie

We were also on that cruise, and I well remember that day! We couldn't go out on the decks until they had everything cleaned off. I don't remember it taking three days, however. How did you like YAP, BTW? And the expert navigating of that narrow, narrow channel.

Archived