Flights from berlin to boston ???

skf

We will be arriving at Warnemunde, Germany on Thursday, May 15. I've been trying to figure out the best way to get back to Boston. Do any of our CC'ers know the time we might expect to get to Berlin airports?

Thanx, Steve

The train between Warnemunde and Berlin is a little over 2 hrs. Add some time to get from the ship to the train (and perhaps from the train station to the airport however I'm guessing a train also goes to the airport) and best case scenario is 3 hrs after you leave the ship.

Also, guessing that flights from Berlin direct to Boston are few and far between.

I'd plug in your dates/into into the ITA software website and see what pops up. Depending on what time your ship docs I wouldn't look at anything before 1:00-2:00 PM departing Berlin.

You should also check out Hamburg as it appears to be significantly closer to Warnemunde.

Just to add a little more information...

The usual docking at Warnemunde is within walking distance from the train station. Dragging luggage after disembarkation should take about 15 minutes, give or take.

There are frequent trains from Warnemunde to Rostock (about 20 minutes) where you will have to change trains. There are both express and locals to Berlin but all will take 2 hours at the very minimum. The train station is in the center of the city and you will, once again, have to transfer to the airport.

Since I don't know when you are going I don't know which airport so I cannot give you an estimate of the timing.

Many of the North America bound flights leave in the morning and there is no way you could reasonably expect to make a flight before mid-afternoon. Don't forget, once you arrive at the airport, you still have to go through check-in and security before you board.

You should plan on an overnight in Berlin unless you can flights with connections that will work.

Royal Princess is scheduled to arrive Warnemunde 07:00 May 15. It kinda looks like an afternoon departure would involve a long layover somewhere; or a May 16 AM departure. Hard to choose.

Thanx, Steve

Royal Princess is scheduled to arrive Warnemunde 07:00 May 15. It kinda looks like an afternoon departure would involve a long layover somewhere; or a May 16 AM departure. Hard to choose.

Thanx, Steve

Getting from any kind of "secondary city" in Europe, at least in terms of air travel, is always difficult later in the day. Especially if you're going to any kind of "secondary city" in the US. And what I mean by that is - if you're going from London to New York, you can leave London at 9:00pm on a nonstop. But if you're like me, for example, who often flies from Hamburg to Kansas City (meaning two stops on my chosen airline/alliance), if I don't get that 7:00am flight out of Hamburg, I'm not getting home on the same day. I would just relax, enjoy an extra day in Europe, and head home refreshed the next morning.

Thanx, Zach...I think your advice has merit. We have had a good experience on Icelandair, but it looks like there are only four seats left on May 16. Wouldn't have believed that people have flights booked 11 months out.

Steve

Thanx, Zach...I think your advice has merit. We have had a good experience on Icelandair, but it looks like there are only four seats left on May 16. Wouldn't have believed that people have flights booked 11 months out.

Steve

Are you basing that off of the seating chart? If so, those are wildly incorrect most times, so don't base any decisions off of that.

Are there even any direct flights from Berlin to Boston? Why would you go all the way to Berlin just to catch a flight? 2 Hours by train from Rostock to Berlin is waaay too optimistic, from Warnemünde to Berlin Central Station you should count on 4 hours. And then you still have to get to one of the airports from there.

Hamburg is nearer than Berlin, and has a good airport.

Other alternative: there is an airport in Rostock with Lufthansa-flights to Munich. From Munich, Lufthansa has a direct flight to Boston at 15:45 (3:45 PM).

Could you please give us flight dates, so we can give better advice?

Thank you to all...we booked Icelandair. They leave TXL about 09:30 on 16 May, thru Copenhagen, Keflavik, then Boston, then the last stretch of 80 kM by limo. We're going with the Princess hotel & transfer package, staying at the Westin Grand.

We took Zach's suggestion & we'll get to see a little of Berlin.

Steve

Archived