Anyone know show times?

alexandra cruiser

on Regatta?Do they have one per nite,some have early and late,I know.(on mass market)

Trying to figure when to book speciality restaurants and like leisurely meal without having to rush to get a seat for show.

Also, their are robes in cabins,right?Its been a few yrs(and a few ships)between my last cruise on Insignia.

We had no problem getting a seat for 2 at 7pm,is it still the case?For MDR too.:confused:

One show per night usually 9:45 but sometimes 9:30pm

Yes there are robes

Dinner seating will depend on the other passenger on the cruise & what time they prefer to eat

Dinner in specialty restaurants can take upwards of two hours. To ensure a leisurely dinner, try for the earlier time slots. On our upcoming cruise, 7:00 was not an option; we had to choose between 6:30 and 7:30. We chose the esrlier time to ensure relaxation and punctuality for the show. If you prefer to eat a bit later, choose a table for two in the MDR. When dining at a larger table, service is slower. If even just one person should order one from each category (appetizer, soup, salad, pasta, then entree), your entree won't arrive until that person's does. On a few occasions we had to miss dessert:eek: in order to make it to the show. Also, the band plays for about 45 minutes prior to the show (usually 9:00 to 9:45). If your cruise has many who love to dance, as our last one did, the lounge will fill up prior to 9:00. "Good" seats were often hard to find if you showed up past 9:15 / 9:30.

Make your reservations as soon as possible and you should be fine. DH and I are in ocean view cabins and can only book 45 days out. Except for one date in a particular restaurant, I have always been able to get my first choice in six cruises. Perhaps that is helped by the fact that I always ask for 6:30.

The cabins do have bathrobes and slippers. However, the robes are thick and

plush (this is not a complaint) so we had to keep them out of the closet to give us more space for our clothes.

Enjoy your cruise.

Harriet

75 days out and get 2 reservations in each as perks of penthouse.

Those slippers are always TOO SMALL for me and end up just in socks.

Wish I had schedule to see what nites to avoid(such as captains dinner,etc).Also, hate to have too much time before show,if I go back to room to rest its hard to go out again.OOPs,my age is showing.

We want to try in room dining at least once,sounds like a cool indulgence to be served by butler and order from any of the different restaurants(and even eat in my soft,bulky robe,haha.

Thanks for the info.:)

75 days out and get 2 reservations in each as perks of penthouse.

Those slippers are always TOO SMALL for me and end up just in socks.

Wish I had schedule to see what nites to avoid(such as captains dinner,etc).

Thanks for the info.:)

There is no Captains dinner as such ..they do have a reception one night but usually over by 7pm unless you want to linger

Just go for a walk if early for the show or go & claim your seat ...they do fill up early on some shows

Hi Alexandra Cruiser

I have some more photos for you - I took some of our PH, so now I've worked out how to post photos more efficiently, will post some for you over the next week.

BTW, the robes are lovely, comfortable and generous in size, so no worries about having dinner in your suite lounging in your robe with the butler coming in! ;):). We had in suite breakfast nearly every morning, and in addition to what is printed on the PH in suite breakfast menu, you can order anything you wish from the GDR breakfast menu as well. We had such glorious weather, so we could enjoy breakfast with the verandah doors open, it was lovely. But be quite specific about what you want on your order - eg my DH likes butter, so if you order 2, then 2 small pats will come, not enough for 2 people who enjoy butter, so order 4. On the other hand, if you want 2 eggs over easy, just put 1 in the order box for one person, as 2 eggs is a standard order, as we found out when extra eggs appeared the first morning after ordering 4, thinking we were ordering 2 eggs each! eek: I did apologise to our butler as he staggered in with the extra plates of eggs! LOL!

There are hooks inside the bathroom door and on the wall just as you come out of said bathroom, all of which are perfect for hanging the robes and your coats etc., if you run out of space in the wardrobes for your heavier coats etc.

The towels and toiletries are lovely too - thick large bath towels, smaller face/hand towels and flannels and plenty of them - Bulgari bath/hair products and bath and hand soaps - all in good generous sizes, not the teeny ones you usually get in hotels - and bath salts for a good soak which I did after a particularly tiring day (LOL!). And they were all replaced without ever running out or even coming close to running out of anything by our stewardess.

Our butler would also deliver a selection from the afternoon tea treats for us each day, a delight when coming back from a tour. This was in addition to the canapés selection, which we ordered a couple of times. (We usually don't go for afternoon tea as it is just too much before a big dinner. So the first time we actually went up to Horizons was on a sea day, just so we could see what was on offer - bad move as that was when I discovered the delicious scones!)

Just when you think you can't force down another mouthful, there was always a delight or two winking at you with your name on ...... !LOL!

We did have in suite dinner once when we were too tired to bother changing and "going out" - now that is a treat! Again be quite specific about what you want.

If you really want to see the shows, go for early dinners, as there appeared, on our cruise anyway, to be a mass exodus just before 9pm for the shows. We enjoyed the calm with later dining! I think from memory some of the shows started at 9pm also. One night no show but had events on Deck 5, with a magician, quizzes, sample treatment from the Spa - with O points being given out. It was also the first time we had seen evidence of an Art Auction - we didn't go as absolutely nothing on display would have inspired us! Certainly not the prices! :eek: But I am imagining here that as they were offering free "champagne" there may well have been a crowd! The only time we saw Martinis mobbed was when the free cocktails were on offer for the Captains welcome reception! And some people were ordering extra glasses of wine to take into dinner - classy lot some of them!!! :rolleyes: I wish there was a "shake head in disbelief" smilie!

and info.Good to hear about room service orders,I d end with too much too.

The only time I go to shows is for big production numbers,or singers,etc.Pass on magicians,etc.After a busy day, I m ready for bed by 11pm.

Looking forward to this,just had a less than perfect(to be kind)3 day cruise on Royal Caribbean.Found out mass market is still NOT FOR ME>;)

Archived