eZair sale question

saliusm

Hi,

I'm looking at the eZair pricing for our December cruise in Australia, and the prices are very competitive for the flexible air, especially with the current air credit through the end of the month. But the flexible air conditions are a little confusing. Does anyone know:

1 - If we book the flexible flights and don't pay by when the sale expires June 30th, do we still get the discount?

2 - If we want to lock in the price, I understand from another thread, you have to pay both air and the full cruise booking price - is that correct?

3 - If we book and pay for the airfare, and find better flights elsewhere later, can we really cancel up to 45 days before the cruise with no penalty? Even if we've paid up?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Hi,

I'm looking at the eZair pricing for our December cruise in Australia, and the prices are very competitive for the flexible air, especially with the current air credit through the end of the month. But the flexible air conditions are a little confusing. Does anyone know:

1 - If we book the flexible flights and don't pay by when the sale expires June 30th, do we still get the discount?

2 - If we want to lock in the price, I understand from another thread, you have to pay both air and the full cruise booking price - is that correct?

3 - If we book and pay for the airfare, and find better flights elsewhere later, can we really cancel up to 45 days before the cruise with no penalty? Even if we've paid up?

I have always been confused by questions 1 and 2, so I would call Princess for the most accurate answers.

As far as question 3, the answer is "Yes."

Hi,

1 - If we book the flexible flights and don't pay by when the sale expires June 30th, do we still get the discount? Yes

2 - If we want to lock in the price, I understand from another thread, you have to pay both air and the full cruise booking price - is that correct? No, this is not correct. I booked my EZ Air months before final payment was due. The air price had gone up by the time final payment came around. At final payment, I got the price from the time I reserved - no increase.

3 - If we book and pay for the airfare, and find better flights elsewhere later, can we really cancel up to 45 days before the cruise with no penalty? Even if we've paid up? yes, you are entitled to the better price if it is before final payment. I would not pay in full before final payment is due.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

There is just one caveat to this whole thing. Once you make a reservation, the cruise and air prices are linked. If the price of the cruise should happen to go down, you will not be able to take advantage of the price drop unless you cancel the entire reservation and re-book air and all.

After my initial reservation, the price of my cruise dropped by over $500, but my airfare had gone up by more than that, plus I had $350 in OBC from the original reservation that would have been lost if I cancelled and re-booked.

I booked a Hawaii & Tahiti cruise and kept watching the price of air. After weeks of monitoring prices and routes, Princess had the best price, so I added that to the booking. To lock in the price, I had to pay for both the cruise and air - the trip is in January/February 2014. Three weeks later, the price of the cruise drops - my TA called me because he got an email about the price from Princess. The price drop was not on the web site. He handled the issue, both for myself and friends with whom we are traveling. We got a credit back to our cc's for close to $900.

Darcy

I purchased my easy air flights to FLL from ABQ for December, and only had to pay in full for the flights. We still need top make final payment on the cruise. Our Flight prices are locked in and wont go up. Not worried about the cruise price going down as it is a busy time of the year.

There is just one caveat to this whole thing. Once you make a reservation, the cruise and air prices are linked. If the price of the cruise should happen to go down, you will not be able to take advantage of the price drop unless you cancel the entire reservation and re-book air and all.

After my initial reservation, the price of my cruise dropped by over $500, but my airfare had gone up by more than that, plus I had $350 in OBC from the original reservation that would have been lost if I cancelled and re-booked.

Same exact scenario for us...cruise price dropped a few days before final payment, and in order to take advantage of it TA said we would have to drop our air, which was an EZAir special price and by then Air prices were higher than the cruise savings plus availability was a problem. We decided to stay with what we had.

There is a difference in flex air and restricted air policy; both are EZAir and both are being used in examples given above. OP is asking about flex air only.

Some specials in EZ Air purchases, which OP is also asking about, do require a 'snapshot lock' of cruise and air price at the time of purchase. (Any future changes to either result in a re-price). Some specials do not.

My answers to OP are

1. Yes

2. Yes-But. But meaning you lock out air increases; some cruise price decreases may remain available to you depending on #3.

3. Depends on the terms of the air special offer, but generally you can cancel. Just that sometimes you have to cancel everything. If you want to keep parts, then it may get tricky.

Clear as mud, huh?

I'm confused. I did flex ez-fare for our upcoming Baltic cruise, and I paid for air and cruise about 2 months before final payment was due because I thought I had to to lock in the price of air. A few weeks later the cruise went on sale. I called my TA, and she got us the lower price without affecting the air at all. We are suppose to get a refund back on our credit card from Princess of almost $1000.

Mhimb - you were not on a special air deal, just the regular flex fare. By paying early, you locked in your air price from any potential increase between when you paid and final payment due date. When the cruise price subsequently went down before FPDD, you still were eligible for that reduced price in the cruise. People who book air special deals may not have that same opportunity...depending on the fine print of the deal terms.

mine was flexible air booked under a special EZAir $500 off per person promotion...the cruise sale that was announced prior to my final payment stipulated that EZAir discounts were not combinable with the sale fares...as said, all sales are different and have different terms..

Archived