Southbound Millennium Cruise and Excursions Photo Review

Aquahound

Great review - this is on the map for 2016 as I work through my list. I've done Alaska before but not a cruise and I'll be taking much of this down in notes for future use. Questions - what would you say was the child ratio on this cruise - I'm leaning toward early season or late season to avoid the "family" thing. Also - formal nights - while I'm the first to dress to the nines - what were most doing. Should we leave the gown and tux at home and go with a suit and cocktail attire? It will never happen but I'd love to take a year and go live in Alaska - it truly is an amazing place - thank you for sharing your wonderful photos with us.

Hello Aquahound - thank you for your Millennium review. We are sailing that itinerary next summer on the Millie. As I was reading through, I realized that we have cabin 9187 booked for 2 people in our travel group. The other cabins booked in our group are the concierge cabins across from 9187. As I looked at the deck plans I did notice the white space surrounding the 3 interior cabins that I believe you said is a room service kitchen. Yikes, not good. My original thought was to move them down one cabin to 9191 & avoid 9187. However, if that entire white space is the kitchen then all 3 of those green inside cabins would be affected by the kitchen noise. I read that you saw into the space, which hallway has the door into the kitchen? Or maybe stewards can access it from both hallways? My concern is that maybe it's best to avoid all 3 cabins there or do you think 9187 is the only cabin bothered by the noise? Thanks in advance!

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Aquahound - thank you for your Millennium review. We are sailing that itinerary next summer on the Millie. As I was reading through, I realized that we have cabin 9187 booked for 2 people in our travel group. The other cabins booked in our group are the concierge cabins across from 9187. As I looked at the deck plans I did notice the white space surrounding the 3 interior cabins that I believe you said is a room service kitchen. Yikes, not good. My original thought was to move them down one cabin to 9191 & avoid 9187. However, if that entire white space is the kitchen then all 3 of those green inside cabins would be affected by the kitchen noise. I read that you saw into the space, which hallway has the door into the kitchen? Or maybe stewards can access it from both hallways? My concern is that maybe it's best to avoid all 3 cabins there or do you think 9187 is the only cabin bothered by the noise? Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the slow response. I just now saw that you posted this. The kitchen area did go pretty deep, so it did appear as though it could be accessed from both sides. I remember going into their room and hearing how loud it really was. I very highly recommend moving rooms if you are next to that space.

On the other hand, they did get upgraded to a balcony. ;)

Thank you for the fabulous review!

It looked like you were on your on for a few days pre-cruise. I was looking in doing a pre cruise tour thru Celebrity to Denali. Did you have the option of booking a tour with the cruise line and just decided to do it on your own?

Cruise tour information is very sketchy online. You look like you made great choices!

Thank you for the fabulous review!

It looked like you were on your on for a few days pre-cruise. I was looking in doing a pre cruise tour thru Celebrity to Denali. Did you have the option of booking a tour with the cruise line and just decided to do it on your own?

Cruise tour information is very sketchy online. You look like you made great choices!

SeaPete, I'm not a big fan of organized tours, especially long ones. I just get too aggravated with other people. ;) I much prefer being on our own, making our own schedule, and having the ability to stop and explore anywhere we want. What we did on this trip was an experience I'll never forget. Of course, it did help that the weather was so awesome. :)