First time cruiser on celebrity equinox

cyprus0_3

Hi we have our first cruise coming up in September. Not sure what to expect , seen the drinks packages on line are they per day or are they per evening? Also dress code do you wear bikini or a full costume? As I read alot of passengers are older than my 45 years. Many thanks

Hi, Equinox was our first cruise too. You will love it so prepare to be hooked for life. Either a bikini or costume are fine, just as you would wear at any resort, and the drinks packages are by the day. Have a search for some of the other threads on this subject to decide whether this would be worth it for you.

Full bathing costume?

You mean a swimsuit? Some women wear bikinis, some wear one piece,

some wear "tankini's"....you will see all kinds of bathing suits.

A "bathing costume" must be a phrase from where you live....most

gals here in the states call them bathing suits.

Full bathing costume?

You mean a swimsuit? Some women wear bikinis, some wear one piece,.....

:D ........ two countries separated by a common language.

attributed to George Bernard Shaw and sometimes Oscar Wilde

Hi we have our first cruise coming up in September. Not sure what to expect , seen the drinks packages on line are they per day or are they per evening? Also dress code do you wear bikini or a full costume? As I read alot of passengers are older than my 45 years. Many thanks

We have recently returned from a Med cruise on the Equinox. There was a complete range of ages so you won't feel out of place. We didn't get the drinks package as it was not worth it for us but as stated above, check out other threads on here to see if it would work for you.

I knew what you meant by bathing costume!

Hi

The Equinox was our first cruise too 4 years ago for our 50ths and we have cruised every year since, including the Equinox again a few weeks ago.

You are in for a treat!

We also don't do the drinks package, we were off the ship so much it didn't seem worth it to us. We will have a cocktail before and after dinner, plus wine with dinner and other than that we use the free drink machines around the ship.

It's up to you if you think it's worth it! :)

Dress as you would on a nice holiday around the pool. Remember you need to be more dressed when you go into the buffet or restaurant at lunchtime. A coverup isn't quite enough.

Have a great time :)

Great to hear so many positive comments on Equinox. We will be sailing her in Sept and It seems everyone loves her.

Can anyone give specifics as to what they love the most?

Everything :D Ship, staff, food and anything else you can think of,lol

You'll have a fantastic time.

Lou

The drink packages are priced per night of the cruise and are good all day from the moment you step on the ship (or from the moment you purchase it if you purchase it on board) until the end of your cruise. You have to purchase the packages for the entire cruise, or for the entire remainder of the cruise if bought after the cruise begins, and not just for one day or one night. There are a lot of threads in this forum discussing the packages and if they are a good value or not so look through the board to find more information on them.

You will find passengers in just about every type of bathing suit imaginable by the pool on board.

Edited by Lsimon

Full bathing costume?

Got it!

My Wife call's it a cover up, she takes 3 or 4 different kinds. Gets pool ready in the cabin, puts on the 'cover up' walks thru the ship more comfortable, and can stop an shop should she so choose.

We purchase a beverage pkg, she like's her glass of red wine. The better ones are $8 to $12, and yes while on our cruise we tend to have a couple more than at home :) so the pkg is a better option for us. Also for the speciality coffee's, which are included in the pkg.

We will sail on Sept. 26th our 3rd time on the Equinox. You will love it. You also will see every shape and size in a bikini. You will look smashing in your swim costume. I was born in Scotland so I new what you meant right away. Have fun. Cheers

I also knew what you meant about costume, even though I'm from the states:D.

When you are considering the drink package, I hope you will also consider the non-alcohol package even if you decide the alcohol package isn't worth it. We got the premium non-alcohol package in 2010 and in assessing the value, found that we drank considerably more non-alcoholic beverages than without the package - resulting in a better-hydrated cruise. Aside from the alcoholic beverages (wine with our meals, drink before dinner, mimosa or bloody mary on sea mornings, pina colada by the pool, after-dinner drink with the show), we had Pellegrino with our meals, cappuccinos or lattes for breakfast, freshly-squeezed OJ, Evian to take our pills and to brush our teeth (the height of excess to me), espresso after our meals, and in the afternoon I would occasionally get an affogato at Al Bacio. We picked up water whenever we walked past a bar, so we were able to take 2-3 small bottles each off the ship on our excursions. We don't drink soda (pop, tonic, whatever), but we could have had cans of soda in our fridge as well. We also aren't much for smoothies or red bull, but they were both available. We still are undecided as to whether the alcohol portion is worth it for us, but the cost of the non-alcohol one is well worth the relief from angst - and the "do I really NEED that afternoon espresso"? If it is close to being worth it for you, you might want to calculate a little addition for that freedom.

Do enjoy the Equinox - and take time to find all the art. Some of it is strange, but some of it is stunningly beautiful. There should be a book in your stateroom that tells about it and has pictures, so you can know where you must look.

Beth

Concerning the artwork: not only is there a book, if you go to Guest Relations, they should have an IPAD with a self guided art tour of all the art on board. You can go at your leisure and return the IPAD in 3 hours. A lot of fun and information if you are into art.

Enjoy your cruise.

Great to hear so many positive comments on Equinox. We will be sailing her in Sept and It seems everyone loves her.

Can anyone give specifics as to what they love the most?

The staff was fabulous

Concerning the artwork: not only is there a book, if you go to Guest Relations, they should have an IPAD with a self guided art tour of all the art on board. You can go at your leisure and return the IPAD in 3 hours. A lot of fun and information if you are into art.

Enjoy your cruise.

Great news! My son is an art major. He will be thrilled!

Hi there, we are welsh as well, and very recently returned from a Western Med cruise aboard the Equinox. What a fabulous ship, German engineering at its best, so smooth it's almost unnatural! The ship is also still relatively new as not to have constant maintenance crews painting everything that doesn't move. Your other questions have been answered already but I would say you will be pleasantly surprised, Celebrity has got it right with this ship. Have a great cruise.