Classic Drinks Pckge Promotion Minors?

villauk

I have searched the boards but can't seem to find an answer regarding the free drinks package if there are children in a cabin. Are they offered an alternative - non alcoholic package or extra OBC etc., or do they just lose out?

We are considering booking two cabins (adults in one cabin and children in connecting cabin) and wondered what has happening to past cruisers in this situation? FYO, it's not the 123 promotion where free gratuities were an option, it's the current UK offer of free classic drinks package plus OBC. Thanks :).

I have searched the boards but can't seem to find an answer regarding the free drinks package if there are children in a cabin. Are they offered an alternative - non alcoholic package or extra OBC etc., or do they just lose out?

We are considering booking two cabins (adults in one cabin and children in connecting cabin) and wondered what has happening to past cruisers in this situation? FYO, it's not the 123 promotion where free gratuities were an option, it's the current UK offer of free classic drinks package plus OBC. Thanks :).

Hi, it is better value to book two adults in one cabin and the children in another. That way each adult can receive the drinks package and the children can received the obc or gratuities. X wont substitute for a non alcohol package, so if they share with an adult, only the adult gets the promo.

Hi, it is better value to book two adults in one cabin and the children in another. That way each adult can receive the drinks package and the children can received the obc or gratuities. X wont substitute for a non alcohol package, so if they share with an adult, only the adult gets the promo.

Yes, I was planning on doing it that way, but the offer is for the free drinks package plus OBC per cabin (gratuities is not part of the offer). So, does that mean if we book 2 cabins, the kids will only get OBC and nothing else to replace the drink package they would get if over 18? It's quite a difference, which made me wonder if X has been offering an alternative to those unable to accept the promotional offer due to being under age, but are still paying for an additional cabin.

Probably the only way to get an accurate answer is to get your TA to ring Celebrity, or ring them if you've booked with them direct.

The promotion is completely different in the UK from the 123go, so I'd assume that if you don't qualify age wise, then unfortunately you don't qualify. I'm not sure about substituting the non-alcohol package for the Classic alcohol package, but it wouldnt do any harm to ask I suppose.

Good luck

Louise

Thanks for the replies and links. I'm going to have a word with X and see if they would offer an alternative. As you say, it's different to the 123 promotion as we do not have a choice between the items on offer. I would be more than happy to substitute grats for the loss of the beverage package for the kids' cabin ;).

HI, Villauk

I am just going through a similar problem. I don't know what the fine print is on the UK offer but I can tell you on the US Pick your Perk offer which is going on right now the answer is NO.

I am booked with a non-discounted five star rate and my 17 year old grandson is sharing the cabin with me, he has also paid the full rate same as myself, we have no on-board credits or discounts. I cannot even use my shareholder benefit. X told my TA that I could not get the package since my grandson is not eligible since he is underage and it is set up for both people In the cabin. They are not set up to give the non-alcohol package, so bottom line is that I was told that I could not get it even though our cabin is booked as two full fare paying adults.

I called X to complain since this was a crazy way of handling things. I was being penalized because they could not give him the non-alcohol package and both people in the cabin need to take the same package, when it is not even feasible since it is not offered to the other passenger.

I then sent an e;mail to reservations with my complaint and here is part of their response.

We truly regret that you were dissatisfied with your most recent cruise planning experience with us. After carefully reviewing your correspondence, we found it necessary to offer an explanation to provide clarity to this situation. Our system is set-up to add the Classic Alcohol Beverage package with a zero price, to the first two guests in a reservaion. Therefore, we cannot add the Classic Alcohol package for you and the Non-Alcohol package for your grandson.

In the end because of my Captain's Club status they have given me the package but absolutely nothing for my grandson. It is going to be interesting to see what happens when I try to upgrade to the premium since i have been reading that both people in the cabin need to upgrade. I will do this once I am on the ship.

My daughter and son-in-law are in a different stateroom with my grand daughter and they had no problem with getting the package (of course nothing for my grand-daughter which we did not expect anyway)

I would say put both parents in one cabin and take the drinks package and take whatever works out best for you for the other cabin. Just buy the kids a non-alcohol package.

Good luck

HI, Villauk

I am just going through a similar problem. I don't know what the fine print is on the UK offer but I can tell you on the US Pick your Perk offer which is going on right now the answer is NO.

I am booked with a non-discounted five star rate and my 17 year old grandson is sharing the cabin with me, he has also paid the full rate same as myself, we have no on-board credits or discounts. I cannot even use my shareholder benefit. X told my TA that I could not get the package since my grandson is not eligible since he is underage and it is set up for both people In the cabin. They are not set up to give the non-alcohol package, so bottom line is that I was told that I could not get it even though our cabin is booked as two full fare paying adults.

I called X to complain since this was a crazy way of handling things. I was being penalized because they could not give him the non-alcohol package and both people in the cabin need to take the same package, when it is not even feasible since it is not offered to the other passenger.

I then sent an e;mail to reservations with my complaint and here is part of their response.

We truly regret that you were dissatisfied with your most recent cruise planning experience with us. After carefully reviewing your correspondence, we found it necessary to offer an explanation to provide clarity to this situation. Our system is set-up to add the Classic Alcohol Beverage package with a zero price, to the first two guests in a reservaion. Therefore, we cannot add the Classic Alcohol package for you and the Non-Alcohol package for your grandson.

In the end because of my Captain's Club status they have given me the package but absolutely nothing for my grandson. It is going to be interesting to see what happens when I try to upgrade to the premium since i have been reading that both people in the cabin need to upgrade. I will do this once I am on the ship.

My daughter and son-in-law are in a different stateroom with my grand daughter and they had no problem with getting the package (of course nothing for my grand-daughter which we did not expect anyway)

I would say put both parents in one cabin and take the drinks package and take whatever works out best for you for the other cabin. Just buy the kids a non-alcohol package.

Good luck

Thanks for your response. It does seem unfair that they cannot offer something else for the minors when you are paying full fare for their cruise - especially as usually on X both passengers don't have to purchase the drinks package, unlike RCI. I am awaiting a call from X, I'll let you know the reply.

I've heard the same as was told here when it was US customers. Other complaints came from single individuals sailing and paying the full supplement but not being allowed to pick two perks since there was not a second person.

Sadly, Celebrity didn't code their computer to allow a substitute of a non-alcohol package for under age, and didn't allow free grats to be combined with a drink package when a single sails. For most people, however, the free drink package or one of the other choices has been a nice perk in lieu of lower prices.

Considering the issues Celebrity has with computer coding, I'm just glad they were able to code ONE perk!

Good luck!

Archived