Past experience with Freedom price drops?

I know anything can happen, but I'm just curious about others' experiences with price drops (specifically after final payment) on Freedom. My hubby and I are considering a fall cruise, but due to certain circumstances we probably won't book until after final payment, so I'm hoping for a decent price drop between now and then. We are open to any category, from inside to balcony. The price would have to AMAZINGLY good to consider anything higher. Right now most prices are at the high mark but I'm wondering if Freedom typically drops after final payment and if the October sailings would still have enough rooms available to book just a few weeks out. I have looked at some of the upcoming sailings that have already passed final payment, but summer prices are much different than fall to begin with. Guess I'm just hoping there's a chance to get a great deal!

It really depends upon how many rooms are available. Recently I booked a Freedom cruise just a couple of days before final payment as that is when they offered some great deals. Once final payment occured, the prices went back up. (I guess many did what I did!). If possible to book when the "deals" are available, I would say that is your best bet in getting a good price. Always keep in mind though that nothing is a guarantee when waiting for price drops...sometimes they never happen!

...I wish I knew! I booked an October (and cruised, it was wonderful!) on the FOS. Typically we would vacation every October, so after I booked, I watched and watched and watched. I must have booked a pretty good price because our prices only went up! (Even AFTER final payment!) Now this is the part that has me scratching my head....I was able to cruise in APRIL (Spring break time still) cheaper than our October cruise! :confused: It too was wonderful! Now I just book as early as I can, and pay what I can afford. I still watch for price drops but it would just be a pleasant bonus!

We usually book very early, at least a year in advance. This trip just kind of came up as a far-fetched possibility that is looking more and more feasible. With prices so high right now and it getting closer to final payment, I thought I might have a better chance of getting a deal if I were to wait. I check prices daily and have 2 different weeks we're looking at, so we are pretty flexible if I see a good deal pop up.

also depends on if its a 2- 3- or 4-person room; I would expect a 2 person room to be easier for a price drop.

our august 25th, 2013 cruise went down before final payment and been stable since for a 4 persons but for 2 persons insider it went as lows as $6XX something...

We usually book very early, at least a year in advance. This trip just kind of came up as a far-fetched possibility that is looking more and more feasible. With prices so high right now and it getting closer to final payment, I thought I might have a better chance of getting a deal if I were to wait. I check prices daily and have 2 different weeks we're looking at, so we are pretty flexible if I see a good deal pop up.

Freedom for August has been having lots of cheap fares. Over the weekend, there were insides for $599 and D2 balconies for $799 on the sailing I am on. Just keep checking.

Archived