Jeans and jacket in MDR on formal night

We very shortly have a cruise on IOS and whilst packing, tried on my tux trousers.....wish I had`nt, they have shrunk considerably :mad:

I don`t want to go and buy another pair as I am sure they will expand again in a few months :rolleyes:

The neck of my dress shirt has also shrunk for some reason, but strangely enough my tux jacket has remained the same size and fits me fine (it was possibly too big to start with :rolleyes:)

I do wish to eat in the MDR on formal night as I like the menu on these evenings in particular, but do not want to be refused entry.

If I wear black dress shoes, black jeans, the jacket, and an open neck shirt, would this be ok.

I have had a trial run in the mirror and it does`nt look bad at all (the jacket is a tux but does`nt look like your standard tux).

And, would this also do for CHOPS?:confused:

I would say go for it. If the jeans are black most people probably won't even notice they aren't slacks. There will be people dressed more formally and people dressed less formally than what you describe.

You could do that but why not just bring something you already have that you wear to work (I realize I'm assuming you work in a corporate environment and I also realize what assuming that makes me :p). My husband and brothers wore various versions of traditional corporate attire on formal nite and fit right in (i.e. slacks w/button down shirt & tie, slacks w/shirt and blazer - no tie, full suit)

Dress shoes, nice jeans witha tux probably OK, but the looks you would get would probably be from the open neck shirt, I would think. They MAY ask you to put on a tie, but dress code for MDR are recommendations, only. Don't know about Chops

Seems the tux jacket is out of place here.

Forget about the looks from others, I could`nt care less,.... if I just wore the jeans, open necked shirt, and shoes, would I be refused entry to MDR on Indy on a formal night?

if I just wore the jeans, open necked shirt, and shoes, would I be refused entry to MDR on Indy on a formal night?

No. Absolutely not. And Im willing to bet the only ones that would take offense are a select few here and theres a BIG chance that none of them will be on your cruise :)

Tell you what, go tell your waiter you cant come to the MDR because of what you have to wear and see what they say. :)

We very shortly have a cruise on IOS and whilst packing, tried on my tux trousers.....wish I had`nt, they have shrunk considerably :mad:

I don`t want to go and buy another pair as I am sure they will expand again in a few months :rolleyes:

The neck of my dress shirt has also shrunk for some reason, but strangely enough my tux jacket has remained the same size and fits me fine (it was possibly too big to start with

I do wish to eat in the MDR on formal night as I like the menu on these evenings in particular, but do not want to be refused entry.

If I wear black dress shoes, black jeans, the jacket, and an open neck shirt, would this be ok.

I have had a trial run in the mirror and it does`nt look bad at all (the jacket is a tux but does`nt look like your standard tux).

Regardless of what some may tell you, I would say you are more than good to go. I am guessing it's not a faded out black jeans with big holes on the knees ;)

Some of my dress clothes seem to have the same shrinking disease that yours have. :p It Must be spreading. Wifee says I am spreading :confused:

I plan to wear karki slacks with dress shirt and Blue sports jacket on my August cruise.

Seems the tux jacket is out of place here.

Forget about the looks from others, I could`nt care less,.... if I just wore the jeans, open necked shirt, and shoes, would I be refused entry to MDR on Indy on a formal night?

There is no requirement to dress formally. It is a suggested attire for the evening. The list of "not allowed" attire includes things like shorts, bathing suits and flip-flops.

There is no requirement to dress formally. It is a suggested attire for the evening. The list of "not allowed" attire includes things like shorts, bathing suits and flip-flops.

Thanks Paul65 for clarifying this. Its not that I don`t want to wear a tux, its just that my tux does`nt want to be worn by me !

This is the first of several cruises I have been on where I have not worn a tux on a formal night,...... but maybe next time, when my tux loves me again ! ;).....

The neck of my dress shirt has also shrunk for some reason, but strangely enough my tux jacket has remained the same size and fits me fine (it was possibly too big to start with :rolleyes:)

You will be fine!

Do whatever makes you feel comfortable. It's your vacation. This topic comes up 3 times a week. I highly doubt that you will get any new opinions that haven't already been expressed a Gazillion times already.

Archived