How do you sleep the night before?

DMLyons

3mg Melatonin half an hour before bed plus a cup of a combination of Celestial Seaonings Sleepytime Extra (w/Valarian) tea and their Tension Tamer tea. A slug of brandy in it does not hurt. ;) Also I don't look at any computer or tablet screens and I turn the TV off an hour before bed.

If it is an early morning flight I set three alarm clocks - one powered by wall outlet, one by battery and also my cell phone. Not to assure I wake but to make me not worry the alarm won't go off.

I don't know how people do it. For the last week or so, my sleep has gotten worse and worse. It's excitement, I'm sure. It happens whenever I'm going on a big trip. So, to help pass the last day before I leave... :D

How do others get to sleep before a cruise? Do you sleep? What tricks do you use to sleep better?

DML

We don't:D

I sleep well the night before a cruise; my lack of sleep is on the last night of the cruise.

Part of it is not wanting to get off the ship and all of the hassel in the AM trying to get off.

Some lines have you out of the cabin very early and some market enjoying your last morning.

I hate to get up early and the last thing I want to see is the home port in the early dawn knowing my cruise is over:(

With one eye open and on the alarm clock ;). Years ago Disney had an adorablr commercial with two children the night before leaving on vacation. Mom apparently was admonishing them for not being asleep and in their sweet little voices they said, "we're too excited to sleep!". Pretty much sums it up.

:D This is me, too! I am constantly looking at the clock, too afraid I will miss the alarm. I just don't sleep at all- I gave up trying.

We can never sleep the night before, not because of excitement but because I'm so worried about not forgetting to do any of the last minute stuff! Once I'm on the plane though I find I can sleep pretty good if I have neck pillow. We always go to bed early though the night we reach our destination.

You're off on your trip now, somewhere just beyond the elbow of the Cape, so I hope you're having a good time despite the lack of sleep last night. Usually, I have dreams that I'm oversleeping, or missing the flight or forgot my documents in between waking up and looking at the clock. Hope you have a great time, find a great spot on the ship to read a book and do lots of fun things in Bermuda! And get lots of rest, too!

I don't know how people do it. For the last week or so, my sleep has gotten worse and worse. It's excitement, I'm sure. It happens whenever I'm going on a big trip. So, to help pass the last day before I leave... :D

How do others get to sleep before a cruise? Do you sleep? What tricks do you use to sleep better?

DML

Sleep??? Not me - I'm always too excited to get away! I sleep for maybe 2 hours - I get up, make sure everything is in order in my house (we have a person stay here to watch our dogs and cat), make sure I packed everything and wait for DH to get up so we can leave. One time I packed the money and passports so I wouldn't forget them (in an outside pocket) - we were ready to leave and DH asked where everything was - he was ready to kill me when he saw where I packed them! Better than forgetting it!

Risa

I think if left to my own devices I'd be able to sleep fine, since I'm all packed and ready to go in advance. But the way things go over has nothing whatsoever to do with my being prepared. Here it is, our last night home and hubby goes into his mad-dash thing. His frantic running around gets me anxious. In three or four hours when he's finished with everything, he's ready to fall right off to sleep. I, on the other hand, can't even take something for my anxiety or I'll oversleep. Gawd I love that man, but there are times I wanna clobber him! LOL

I'm the same. I'm ready well in advance but my DH likes to wait until the last possible moment to pack and it always makes me feel stressed for some reason. It makes it difficult to sleep because I know at 3 in the morning he's going to wake up and start packing. I don't know why I care. If he forgets to pack his underwear, it's no skin off my nose. ;)

I personally handle everyone's ID, tickets, and passport though. I don't give anyone their passports until the last possible second and then I snatch them right back.

Archived