Classic to Premium Drink Package Upgrade?

brd1121

We upgraded yesterday for our Equinox Cruise Feb 21, we wanted to pay in Canadian Funds because Celebrity's exchange is still quite favourable. The cost in CDN was $11.96 per person per day. Better deal for us then paying in US funds once on board. Loved the Premium Package the last 2 cruises :)

This was confirmed by whom? One of the CSR's that give inconsistent answers to questions?

Would also like to know where on the website this is quoted in black and white. It does state that it's 44 and 49 to buy the packages beforehand and 54 and 59 once you're on board. Either way, it's a 10.00 differential, so it would be 11.50 per day with the 15% gratuity to upgrade your package. That is what we experienced firsthand in October on the Summit when we upgraded our classic package from the 1-2-3 promo to the Premium. I will be having a discussion with the beverage manager if they try to charge me 15.00 per day, plus 15% for the upgrade on the Silhouette in March.

If I had to guess about if there is an additional $5 per day charge to upgrade to premium package I would say the confusion is between if you were given the classic pkg as a promotion and then tried to upgrade on board then you would be looking at the $10 plus grat. upgrade price but if you purchase (BUY) the classic package before you board and then you decide to upgrade to premium then you would pay the $10 day diff plus an additional $5 per day for not buying before you board plus gratuities.

Maybe someone else can confirm this as I can see there maybe a difference in the upgrade depending on whether the original classic pkg was promotional or had to be bought.

I upgraded my 1-2-3 basic package to premium on board on January 5, and was only charged $11.50 per day. I don't think the price to upgrade on board is higher than the price to upgrade before your cruise. Just purchasing the package itself is cheaper pre-cruise.

Edited by BrendaJ

I upgraded my 1-2-3 basic package to premium on board on January 5, and was only charged $11.50 per day. I don't think the price to upgrade on board is higher than the price to upgrade before your cruise. Just purchasing the package itself is cheaper pre-cruise.

I understand the upgrade from classic to premium is $11.50/day if you were given the promotion 123 basic.

Maybe someone who has purchased or bought the classic package before the cruise and then once on board upgraded to the premium package can confirm what the upgrade price per day was ??

This would help make sense of upgrading pricing for both options.

Here's another reason to buy before and not on the ship- taxes!

Barcelona departures can be charged 10% VAT.

This is an excellent reminder about what happens now in a lot of ports. If you buy liquor when the ship is in port ask before you buy if port taxes are going to be applied over and above the price of the drink plus gratuity.

Wow, I didn't know this. Thanks for the information. I was going to wait to do this onboard.
Wait.....use OBC if you have any.

Thank you Brenda.....someone that verified that the 10.00 price that we paid in October on the Summit is still in effect after 1/1/14. This way you can wait until you're on board and use OBC to pay for your upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...
On the premium package, if you exceed the stated value,(hard to do except for wine) you pay the DIFFERENCE.

On the classic if you exceed the value you pay the FULL price.

If you go to Michael's Club, there are many beers as well as brandies and cognacs that are over the 13.00 amount.

Thanks for the clarification Justcrusn! The premium package is definitely the way to go for me. I'm calling later today to upgrade my promotional 1-2-3 Classic package to the Premium package for my May 23rd cruise to Alaska. This is my first Celebrity cruise and I saw a number of spirits & drinks over $13 that I'd like to have on the menus here: http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#main .

If you go to Michael's Club, there are many beers as well as brandies and cognacs that are over the 13.00 amount.

A $13+ BEER?

Is that like beer heaven lol......

My brother might drink that, he is into craft beers, they're a little too bitter for me.

I'd be happy with a low-carb beer like Michelob Ultra, but they're nowhere to be found on Celebrity.

If I could change two things on the beverage menu, I would add Wild Turkey and Michelob Ultra.

A $13+ BEER?

Is that like beer heaven lol......

My brother might drink that, he is into craft beers, they're a little too bitter for me.

I'd be happy with a low-carb beer like Michelob Ultra, but they're nowhere to be found on Celebrity.

If I could change two things on the beverage menu, I would add Wild Turkey and Michelob Ultra.

There are at least 10 different beers that exceed the 13.00 mark at Michael's Club, including the Deus Brut des Flanders Cuvee.....which is a beer/wine cross breed that is 14.50 per glass or 49.00 per 750ml bottle. A little cheaper are 4 different Chimay beers that are 24.00 and they are also 750 ml.