Carnival Pride leaving Baltimore

madelinerose

The EPA ruling is quite likely the cause. The difference between Baltimore and Tampa and New Orleans is that it takes significantly longer to get out of that 200 mile range from Baltimore than it does from the other ports.

From John Heald's FB page.

We routinely evaluate our itineraries and make adjustments as needed based on guest preference and overall financial performance of different itineraries. As a result, Carnival has decided not to deploy the Carnival Pride from Baltimore for the period November 2014 through April 2015. We have a great partnership with the Port of Baltimore and know many of our guests enjoy cruising from there. We will evaluate all viable options to return to Baltimore in the future.

From John Heald's FB page.

We routinely evaluate our itineraries and make adjustments as needed based on guest preference and overall financial performance of different itineraries. As a result, Carnival has decided not to deploy the Carnival Pride from Baltimore for the period November 2014 through April 2015. We have a great partnership with the Port of Baltimore and know many of our guests enjoy cruising from there. We will evaluate all viable options to return to Baltimore in the future.

This exact verbiage has been used all day on both the Carnival and John Healds FB page. I suspect that they are taking the Pride away for the winter to get people to pay attention and hopefully complain to their government representatives. It is Carnivals way to apply more pressure on the EPA.

Lets see who gives in first.

Yeah I think driving distance from I 95 has alot to do with that. You can get to other side of Bay Bridge from I 95 via Rt,50 in less then an hour. Not the case with Norfolk.

You're NOT doing that drive on a Thursday or Friday during the summer beach season believe me.

Before you try to argue, I grew up in Annapolis right off of Rt50 near the bridge and still have family there that i visit often.

:-)

O'Malley the dingbat (I'd used other choice words but the post would get deleted) probably tried to include the cruise ships his new "brilliant idea" of the rain tax, yes....you read that right. Maryland now taxes you on the amount of rainfall that lands on your property!!

Glad I moved away from that state.

As far as that EPA thing the local news here tonight talked with the POB President and he said that was the reason they got and that the EPA thing, while nationwide, is for being within a certain distance of the border with Canada.

Guess that's why N.O. and Tampa aren't affected. I don't know (haven't read) the EPA thing so this is not me stating fact, just what the local news reported tonight.

This exact verbiage has been used all day on both the Carnival and John Healds FB page. I suspect that they are taking the Pride away for the winter to get people to pay attention and hopefully complain to their government representatives. It is Carnivals way to apply more pressure on the EPA.

Lets see who gives in first.

It will be Carnival...Unforunately, they are a bank or an oil company!:mad::eek:

As far as that EPA thing the local news here tonight talked with the POB President and he said that was the reason they got and that the EPA thing, while nationwide, is for being within a certain distance of the border with Canada.

Guess that's why N.O. and Tampa aren't affected. I don't know (haven't read) the EPA thing so this is not me stating fact, just what the local news reported tonight.

But NO is a fairly long sail (timewise) out to the Gulf, no? It's not really the distance that should be a factor, it's the time spent out.

And if anything, the Northern Gulf is in crummier shape because of all the various runoff coming in from the river.

I still think it has more to do with having one boat and two ports. Maybe it's time to borrow a sister ship from another line.

That they have only one Spirit Class ship in the Atlantic basin after the Legend leaves?

No I was referring to the environmental stuff. Sailing from Baltimore to the ocean is significantly longer time and distance than Tampa (about 2.5 times) in each case. Trust me, they wanted to keep the Pride in Baltimore.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived