Embarkation for Pearl in Seattle

Toothferry

I have read that there are no porters for your luggage and that you have to stand in line for hours to board. Is this true? What time would you recommend to avoid these lines. We are staying across the street at the Marriott.

I have read that there are no porters for your luggage and that you have to stand in line for hours to board. Is this true? What time would you recommend to avoid these lines. We are staying across the street at the Marriott.

No porters? Hahahahaha. When we boarded last month there were lots of porters. We showed up at about 11:15 and had about a 15 minute wait to get on the ship.

Here's a cut and paste from a Pearl Seattle review less than two weeks old. Where did you get your information? The two times we've sailed out of Seattle, it has been one of the smoothest check ins and debarkations we've ever done.

"Pier 66 Port of Seattle was GREAT! We stayed at the Mariott Waterfront before and after the cruise. The Bellman took our luggage across the street to the port for us before cruise for check in and a port porter took out luggage back to Mariott after cruise.

Security and check in was super. We arrived at 11:00 - no line at all for check in. Waited 15 minutes for boarding to start and were on board by 11:45. Dropped carry-ons in room (which wasn't completely made up yet) and went to lunch in MDR.

Debarkation was similar. We had a 9:00 departure. Stayed in room. Our group was called at 8:30 and we were off the ship, thru bagage claim and customs and in the Mariott by 9:00. "

Was quoting last reviewer who said. "We got in line to check bags which we have never had to do with any other cruise line. I was expecting baggage people to be waiting when we got out of taxi, but no you tote your luggage for about an hour through a maze of lines until you check them yourself."

We stayed across the street at the Marriott when we went out on the Star a couple of years ago. We woke up and the ship was right outside our window. We got up, had breakfast, got our luggage from our room an walked across the street to the terminal. Easy check in. Enjoy your trip and your time in Seattle.

We have taken an NCL cruise twice from Seattle and both times there were plenty of porters. I don't know if they still do it, but when we stayed at the Marriott Waterfront their staff actually took our luggage to the terminal for us.

As far as avoiding the long lines, my recommendation is you have two choices. Either get there around Noon or later and have the long lines, or get there early and avoid them. By getting there early you will have to wait in the terminal longer but at least you are not standing in the lines. I will say that the lines, anywhere we have sailed from, always moved very quickly.

We have cruised 3 times from Seattle (all on NCL) and always stay at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. Every time the bellman would walk our luggage over to the pier where they then hand it off to a porter (they cannot take it any closer to the ship than the sidewalk - something to do with the unions). There have always been several porters waiting. The disembarkation is the same, grab a porter and they will take your luggage to the Marriott, where they will then hand it off to the bellman.

We normally get to the pier about 10:15 - 10:45ish and have never had to wait more than a few minutes. We sailed in a mini-suite the first trip and the last two have been in suites. Maybe there is a "rush hour" for embarkation, but since we get there when we do we have never seen one. IMO Seattle is one of the easiest embarkation and disembarkations.

Thanks another thing not to worry about. LOL

You just came across somebody in a bad mood or uniformed.

Of course they have porters.

And, yes, if you show up at the same time as 3,000 other people, you will have lines. NOBODY can fix that. Or plan for that. Or forecast that.

Archived