Sanitation Problems on Silver Whisper

Mekka

Dr. Rachel, thanks for your sage counsel and tell George to listen to his wife, also let him know look forward to seeing him on the full prominade deck in May 2015 :)

We will be there with bells on.

Keith, I actually do try to avoid shaking hands with people, to the embarrassment of my husband!

Wripro, Right on!

I feel somewhat like ging466 who posted a few days ago.

I place this phobia about germs in the same category as unpc comments. Way too much is made of both.

DW and I have been travelling for 40 years all over the world. We do not make a big deal out of risk and in fact don't use insurance or other measures that risk averse travelers would embrace.

The ONLY time we have been sick is after riding the Cairo to Luxor train in Egypt 8 years ago. Must admit we paid for it but the rest of Egypt was fine. 40 yrs, 1 sickness; I like those odds.

Exactly, Keith. It just makes good sense to be proactive and wash ones' hands. It's not a big deal.

Same here. After I retired from FD I became an elementary school teacher. Now for those of you that may have forgotten an elementary school is a " resort" for just about every germ known to man. So I don't go crazy,but ensure I wash after using the bathroom, before eating anything,and before going home. aside from the kid that sneezed in my face it's been working pretty well for the last 7 years.

Just returned home from month on Cloud.

We have eliminated flowers in our suites for years due having found they caused sinus issues due to our allergies which resemble colds, etc to others.

Capt. Sangiacamo continues to wear gloves at receptions.

Transportation, temp. changes to and from ships, time changes, in addition to many other factors including perfumes, which people can be allergic to factor in to all changes from the time you leave home and encounter many people in confined spaces.

Why don't they just put a large basket of medical gloves at the entrance to the reception so everyone can wear them for the handshaking, then discard them. Of course, on formal nights the gloves would have to be black!

Why don't they just put a large basket of medical gloves at the entrance to the reception so everyone can wear them for the handshaking, then discard them. Of course, on formal nights the gloves would have to be black!

In my office, we have blue, purple, green, and beige gloves, depending on brand. They could put several different colors out so you could match it to your outfit.

Just a few examples. If you shake someones hand you need to wash your own and that can happen anytime not just at a formal reception. When you exit the rest room you need to either use a tissue to open the door or use a sanitizer right afterwards. If you use utensils at a buffet that have been used by others you need to sanitize your hands. You also need to wash your hands more often and for longer periods of time when you are cruising. Now I can go on and on and on but in the end there are some items that the cruise line can do to get better and there are other items that we can do to protect ourselves.

Keith

Here is another one of my favorites (on any cruise line). Line chefs use plastic gloves to handle the food. The gloves were clean at first but in the mean time they have opened doors, handled any number of items other than food but they continue to pretend that they are still "sterile" as long as they are wearing gloves and continue to handle the food as if they were still "clean".

Edited by Paulchili

Here is another one of my favorites (on any cruise line). Line chefs use plastic gloves to handle the food. The gloves were clean at first but in the mean time they have opened doors, handled any number of items other than food but they continue to pretend that they are still "sterile" as long as they are wearing gloves and continue to handle the food as if they were still "clean".

Of for God's sake! Next cruise I will wear a space helmet at all times. Relax, folks. None of us are getting out of this world alive.