Guarantee cabins

alanbab

When we booked our Riviera cruise back in April we were only offered a balcony cabin on a B1 guarantee basis. I didn't expect to be assigned a cabin number until much nearer to our sail date at the end of August. However within a couple of weeks I noticed that we had been assigned a good position B1 cabin. Does anyone think it likely that we will be offered a 'free' upgrade to concierge class. B1 cabins show as sold out but A2, A3 A4 show as add to plan. We are now less than 2 months away from sailing. Many thanks in adavnce for your replies.:)

When we booked our Riviera cruise back in April we were only offered a balcony cabin on a B1 guarantee basis. I didn't expect to be assigned a cabin number until much nearer to our sail date at the end of August. However within a couple of weeks I noticed that we had been assigned a good position B1 cabin. Does anyone think it likely that we will be offered a 'free' upgrade to concierge class. B1 cabins show as sold out but A2, A3 A4 show as add to plan. We are now less than 2 months away from sailing. Many thanks in adavnce for your replies.:)

Although it is not impossible that you will be offered an Upgrade, it is far more likely that you will be offered the option to pay some percentage of the cost to move up. This is called an Up-SELL

The offer to buy an Upsell is made through the same channels as you booked your Cruise, so if you ARE interested, and you used a Travel Agent, then you'll want to give that Agent parameters such as "we're willing to pay up to X amount of dollars if the Upsell gets us into a Concierge Cabin", because these offers are VERY TIME SENSITIVE.

You could be offered an upsell whether or not you have purchased a GTY. I think it would make no difference. I only mention this because the topic framed about a GTY and that will not matter.

Great that you were assigned a cabin you like so early on - enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Our October cruise aboard Riviera has most categories showing good availability. We wanted a Deluxe Oceanview but these were sold out and only available as Waitlist when we booked so we settled on a B4 cabin assignment. Last week I was able to confirm a Deluxe Oceanview GTY which saved us quite a bit of money.

We have already received a fair number of move over offers which we are not interested in. I am curious to see what cabin we end up with as I see that Oceania does things quite a bit differently when it comes to assigning GTY cabins.

We will be delighted with the category we have now and I will post when we receive our cabin assignment. From what I have read, I think we will not be taking advantage of any upsells they may offer and will just see what happens.

You will not be offered a free upgrade..If you would like an upsell go to who you booked with and tell them what you would like..that way you are not sitting and waiting you are proactive!!

Jancruz1

You will not be offered a free upgrade..If you would like an upsell go to who you booked with and tell them what you would like..that way you are not sitting and waiting you are proactive!!

Jancruz1

Our friends are just back from a cruise on Riviera and got a free upgrade from Concierge to Penthouse - but they only knew of this when they checked in - nice surprise. Note that we are in the UK and I wonder sometimes if we are treated a little differently over here. Oceania is getting a great deal of promotion in the UK. We are on Riviera at the end of August and most folks we speak to have never heard of Oceania Riviera!!!;)

For our cruise in October I gether we are on a guarantee basis- we were told it would be at least a B3 cabin. We got our cabin number this week and looking at the deck plan it is an A1 Concierge cabin... very nice! However we have been advised that it may yet change. We are in the UK too, for what it is worth, booked with a package holiday provider.

For our cruise in October I gether we are on a guarantee basis- we were told it would be at least a B3 cabin. We got our cabin number this week and looking at the deck plan it is an A1 Concierge cabin... very nice! However we have been advised that it may yet change. We are in the UK too, for what it is worth, booked with a package holiday provider.

"I *think* I am going to be on this cruise! I have won a competition with a newspaper and am in the middle of confirming that my boyfriend and I are booked on this trip, I can't quite believe it! This is not something that would ever have the funds to do so we are very grateful!"

"As our trip is a prize everything is included, including airfare and transfers........."

From you previous posts on roll calls,I thought that you had won this cruise via a newspaper. How can you have 'booked with a package holiday provider'?:confused: As it's a prize,looks like you will end up in the highest category cabin/stateroom/suite available when you board...You may even get a Butler ;):)

From you previous posts on roll calls,I thought that you had won this cruise via a newspaper. How can you have 'booked with a package holiday provider'?:confused:

Maybe the prize must be redeemed through a specific "holiday provider"

Some contests are set up to be done through a specified TA

Maybe the prize must be redeemed through a specific "holiday provider"

Some contests are set up to be done through a specified TA

LHT28 is right, the competition was run by a newspaper in conjunction with a TA and Oceania so I have gone through the usual booking process with the TA. I got my flight details from them this week but the cabin # is still tentative.

LHT28 is right, the competition was run by a newspaper in conjunction with a TA and Oceania so I have gone through the usual booking process with the TA. I got my flight details from them this week but the cabin # is still tentative.

What a nice prize to win

Hope you enjoy the cruise

lyn

Excellent that you've received your flight details....we're still waiting:(

What a nice prize to win

Hope you enjoy the cruise

lyn

Thanks! Glad you got your flight details turnip eater, it always makes it seem real and more exciting when you have flight times for a trip away I find :)

:o

Thanks! Glad you got your flight details turnip eater, it always makes it seem real and more exciting when you have flight times for a trip away I find :)

Too true:)

Have you looked on the Oceania website? Have you logged on and looked at the "already booked" section?

I certainly have :) We don't seem to have a booking reference that works with the Oceania site though, I suspect it is just the TAs reference. Will have to see what shows up in the post in the next wee while to see if we get an Oceania one.

Archived