Breakaway Suite 11908 ~ Suite Life in an S6

Awesome photos Michele! Thank you for all your hard work. How loud was the music from H2O? Could you see the fireworks from your balcony? (Sorry to be such a pest! :o )

Hi Peg, music from H20 wasn't loud really, in fact, one night we TRIED to hear the music from the balcony, as we were out there lounging with drinks and it was tough to hear what song they were playing. We also had no issues with the thumping from the bass as others spoke of on higher decks. The music did get louder for the glow and the 80s parties, but I was in H20 for both of them. DH went back to the room and said he could hear the music on the balcony, but not in the cabin. You would not be able to see the fireworks from 11908 because it is on the starboard side, and they shoot the fireworks off the port side. We enjoyed the view from H20 but you could also watch from any pool deck or the freestyle deck.

Are you guys doing any of the 2-nighters on Breakaway? We had a blast with that whole crew on the Jewel and the Star.

The Deck 11 staff was wonderful. Marlon was our butler, very efficient, although I did write everything down for him, so there was no room for confusion (I'm a bit OCD...alright, truth be told my DH says that I am the evil spawn of TV's Mr. Monk and Martha Stewart, so yeah, I'm a bit particular, so I wrote down EVERYTHING).

Our room steward was Joemar...OMG! I love Joemar! How lucky we are to have him on the Breakaway. We thought we would never outdo our beloved Gigi on the Gem, but Joemar was just as AWESOME! When we first went to our room, there weren't any inaugural season tote bags on the bed, so we asked and were told that they ran out. I told Joemar that I was looking forward to getting one, he found one and when I arrived back at the room later, it was there. He took time to find it for me, even on a busy embarkation day.

Devon was the floor supervisor, and when I told him what a fabulous staff he had on Deck 11, he was pleased and when I arrived back at our suite later that day, there was ANOTHER tote bag and book for us, compliments of Joemar & Devon.

232323232%7Ffp734%3A8%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78287347nu0mrj

SpongeBob and Me, With my favorite new tote bag!

Our butler, Marlon, brought us several meals and set up on the balcony for us. Breakfast from the Haven Restaurant was our favorite meal to enjoy there. Easy to jump in the shower and get ready while the food was being delivered.

232323232%7Ffp543%3A%3B%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78945347nu0mrj

Marlon also set up for a small cocktail party for our cabin crawl. He found some peach nectar juice for me to enjoy some Bellini's with our sparkling wine, delivered some movies for my DD and brought some requested afternoon snacks.

Hi Peg, music from H20 wasn't loud really, in fact, one night we TRIED to hear the music from the balcony, as we were out there lounging with drinks and it was tough to hear what song they were playing. We also had no issues with the thumping from the bass as others spoke of on higher decks. The music did get louder for the glow and the 80s parties, but I was in H20 for both of them. DH went back to the room and said he could hear the music on the balcony, but not in the cabin. You would not be able to see the fireworks from 11908 because it is on the starboard side, and they shoot the fireworks off the port side. We enjoyed the view from H20 but you could also watch from any pool deck or the freestyle deck.

Are you guys doing any of the 2-nighters on Breakaway? We had a blast with that whole crew on the Jewel and the Star.

I just emailed my PCC to switch us to your S6 for our Bermuda cruise Sept of 2014. I don't know if we'll do either of the 2 night CTN's on the Breakaway since there is only one at the end of our 12 night cruise on Jan 5. Would definitely do one before it but there isn't one. If they get cheap enough - who knows. :D

I was hoping to be able to hear the music as long as it wasn't until 3am.

Edited by peg013

Michele, yes, this was just like the one we saw on 14 during the 6/9 cruise's cabin crawl. Great suite. I like this setup a lot. Then went back to my "just a BA balcony" cabin!

Those black pumps on your balcony photo on page 1--look familiar! I remember you modeling them on the CTN in the winter! :)

Edited by mizlorinj

Ahhhh, Bellini's on the Balcony...my favorite relaxation photo

232323232%7Ffp54375%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78989347nu0mrj

Those loungers were the best seats in the house, no chair hogs here! Although, they were a bit soiled when we first arrived. I asked Joemar for some clean cushions (remember...Monk/Martha evil spawn) and he removed them, had them cleaned, and placed them back on the deck the first evening. Such wonderful service!

Here's a picture of the "SuperMoon" from our balcony

232323232%7Ffp5434%3A%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C7826%3A347nu0mrj

Sunrise from our balcony

232323232%7Ffp73485%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78943347nu0mrj

We were docked port side in Bermuda, so the view from the balcony:

232323232%7Ffp734%3B6%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78985347nu0mrj

Sailing away from Bermuda:

232323232%7Ffp54374%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C799%3C6347nu0mrj

Michele, yes, this was just like the one we saw on 14 during the 6/9 cruise's cabin crawl. Great suite. I like this setup a lot. Then went back to my "just a BA balcony" cabin!

Those black pumps on your balcony photo on page 1--look familiar! I remember you modeling them on the CTN in the winter! :)

Hi Lori!! I don't think I would ever be able to do a regular balcony room on this ship after having this suite. I really loved the set up for deck 11 & 14 and was glad I chose that deck long before any info surfaced for it.

And, yes, you have a good eye. Those ARE the Christian Louboutin's I bought on Madison Ave. on my way to our 2-nighter on the Jewel!! LOL! :)

I just emailed my PCC to switch us to your S6 for our Bermuda cruise Sept of 2014. I don't know if we'll do either of the 2 night CTN's on the Breakaway since there is only one at the end of our 12 night cruise on Jan 5. Would definitely do one before it but there isn't one. If they get cheap enough - who knows. :D

I was hoping to be able to hear the music as long as it wasn't until 3am.

For the "big" parties (glow, 80's, Fabba) you can hear music on the balcony, but ALL the parties end at 1 am. They continue in Bliss after that.

Gosh you started this review like an investigative reporter capturing all the details of your cabin. I think if anyone had any questions about which S6 to pick, you won them over to your suite. Love how the bedroom has the separate door to the balcony so not to disturb the living room guests. Great thinking NCL ;)

Bravo! I cant wait for more. I am already suffering from withdrawal symptoms :)

Wow, you have to reach behind the curtain to get to the light switch and you can't reach the towel bar from the shower in the master bath? That shower looks kinda small to me, too. What up, NCL???? Breakaway obviously needs to go into drydock for corrections ASAP. ;)

Hee, hee, hee. Just kidding. :rolleyes: Thanks so much, Michelle. I about fainted when I saw your balcony photos. I do believe I'm having the vapors! Guess I'll just have to tough it out come next May. Glad you had a great cruise and thanks again for being such a great CC member and sharing so much. :D

Hey Man! I'm kinda jealous of that extra room you got in the bedroom. :)

I wonder if that is another difference between the 2 types of S6's. The OP stated that the living room area looked smaller than pictures she had seen. If the S6 suites have the same sq. footage, maybe the ones on decks 11 and 14 have larger bedrooms and the others have larger living room areas. This is "pure speculation," but maybe as more information on comes in we can determine if that is the case or not.

I wonder if that is another difference between the 2 types of S6's. The OP stated that the living room area looked smaller than pictures she had seen. If the S6 suites have the same sq. footage, maybe the ones on decks 11 and 14 have larger bedrooms and the others have larger living room areas. This is "pure speculation," but maybe as more information on comes in we can determine if that is the case or not.

I was wondering the same thing. But that's ok, I'm still excited!

Almost a year ago a couple we cruise with decided they wanted to go to Bermuda for their 45th anniversary on the new NCL Breakaway. Living in Florida and traveling to NYC to take a cruise seems silly, but it was a new ship. To ease the pain my wife decided we should book a suite and I agreed. (about 20% of the time we splurge for a suite.) With no information she picked 11308 (the port side S6).

I kept following CC as the ship was being built and the S6 was looking better and better. There were a lot of pictures about the S6s on decks 9 and 12 with the window in the bathroom. I probably would have survived with the window in the bathroom, but after seeing Michelle's pictures of 11908, I think we lucked out picking 11308. I may never leave the cabin [:)] .

Thanks for the great pictures.

The width of all the suites are the same, as you look at the back of the ship and the dividers for decks 9 - 14 are all the same, so it is a standard amount of footage that the bedroom/living room share. However, the bedroom and the bathroom length may differ. The other decks may have more square footage in the bathroom, and less in the bedroom. The depth is where the square footage differs from deck to deck as well. The scale of the room was smaller to me than in the photos. But since pictures are only 2 dimensional, your perspective changes when you see the space in 3 dimensions. It was a great room! Our best so far on any cruise!

****cracking whip sound*****

Time to come back and finish this review

:)

LOL! Sorry, those pesky chores, like unpacking, laundry, shopping and going to my office for a short work week, along with preparing for our July 4th party has eaten into my precious cruise critic time! I need to upload our videos from my DH's ipad as well!! Will find the time to finish, I promise!!

Thanks for the pics! We had a mini suite but I broke down to get an aft penthouse and after these pics choose 11908 for May. I was told the room is 419 sq ft and the deck is another 292 sq ft

Even though this room doesn't have the window in the bathroom I rather have it in the bedroom.

Your review and pictures were so compelling that I grabbed this same cabin on the Getaway for next October. I know things can change from ship to ship and the Getaway may not be a carbon copy of the Breakaway, but I'm definitely crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. You had a gorgeous cabin and provided a well-written, informative, and enjoyable review. Kudos!