Breakaway Suite 11908 ~ Suite Life in an S6

Michele -

I can't thank you enough for your excellent pictures. They are fantastic - I will go back and read every detail of your review later. I was cheating and only looking at your pictures - THEN I saw you and recognized you!!!!! on your HUGE balcony. This is Judy and Dennis from Pennsylvania - we sailed with you last year on the GEM in June and spent some fun times with you including Cruise Critic meeting and the cabin crawl. Hope you and your family are doing well!!!! Did you find the Haven service as good or better than Gem? We have a spa suite on Breakaway for October. Can't wait - tiny cabin compared to yours - book looking forward to the suite life. Your suite looked SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very anxious for the Haven experience :) Do you remember us??

Of course I remember you! In fact, you both are in several pictures in my Gem review in my signature! We are doing great, hope you and your family are all good as well! I really thought no one would be better than our Gigi from the Gem, but Joemar was wonderful. I must admit, I asked more of Ryan (Gem concierge) than Ruth (BA concierge). However, Marlon, our butler was much better than our butler on the Gem. The Haven staff was wonderful to us, extremely attentive to our every need. We tipped them all before we left the ship. They deserved every cent!! Julie the cruise director is AMAZING, she is such a talented woman, she is everywhere, and she looks GREAT every minute of the day! I know everyone loves Sinan from the Gem, BUT Julie is a force to be reckoned with!!! We were completely spoiled from start to finish on this cruise. I really enjoyed the ship. HOWEVER, I don't think I would have liked it at all without suite status. Enjoy your trip!!

http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63592%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D343655%3A%3B%3B%3B347nu0mrj

Edited by OnTheGoMom921

Michele -

Thanks for your rapid response - you have Judy and I VERY excited about the HAVEN experience. Best wishes to you and your family and continued smooth sailing. Also, did you see the post about Sinans daughter passing away on GEM. How sad and tragic - he was so much fun on GEM!!!

Michele -

Thanks for your rapid response - you have Judy and I VERY excited about the HAVEN experience. Best wishes to you and your family and continued smooth sailing. Also, did you see the post about Sinans daughter passing away on GEM. How sad and tragic - he was so much fun on GEM!!!

Just went to his facebook page, terribly sad.

Thank you to all for your kind comments, much appreciated.

I am still trying to upload the last of my videos and edit them. I am a bit of a newbie with the video editing. When I finally have the time to finish them, I will upload the you tube links here.

Thank you so much for your photo pictorial of S6...I have 11308 on Getaway booked for October 2014...I am so excited to see the pics of this room!! Thank you again!

When in October? We are also booked on Getaway on 18th October 2014 in an S6 cabin - 12904.

Thanks for so many pictures & a great review. WE cant wait to sail in our aft suite in Sept, and really want to see more before we go. I, too , take way too many clothes & shoes when we go- I'm so glad to see that the closet space is plenty!

Michele,

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures. We are booked in an aft balcony next year. I am now reconsidering an aft penthouse after reading your review. One question: Is there a curtain or something similar separating the master bedroom from the living room and the sleeper sofa.

Thank you,

Jay

Michele,

Thank you for the wonderful review and pictures. We are booked in an aft balcony next year. I am now reconsidering an aft penthouse after reading your review. One question: Is there a curtain or something similar separating the master bedroom from the living room and the sleeper sofa.

Thank you,

Jay

There is a regular door between the bedroom and the living room. The curtain was between the bathroom and the bedroom. You would enjoy the penthouse! :)

wonderful review!!! Are the drinks complimentary in the Haven Lounge?

Ahhh, don't we wish! No, unfortunately there are no complimentary drinks in the Haven Lounge. However, if you book a DOS (deluxe owners suite) it comes with 3 bottles of alcohol and mixers. The S6 we had came with a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine

Oops, don't want to leave this detail out...Suite guests do get an invitation to the Captain's Cocktail Party in the Haven. On that evening, the drinks are free. I think the party ran from 7 to 8:30 pm.

Edited by OnTheGoMom921

Really appreciate all of the pics, I know before she sailed we were all wondering what the cabin looked like. I can't believe the OS floor plan STILL isn't on any of the sites, though helpful cruisers like yourself have provided video and pics.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Misc. Suite Amenities:

Since there have been some dedicated threads posted here on these two subjects, thought I would add them to my review.

Cordless phones in suite:

232323232%7Ffp54377%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C79%3A48347nu0mrj

The S6 comes with 1 cordless phone, which can be used throughout the ship. It is useful if you have family on board who will be in different locations. You carry the phone with you, and a caller can reach you anywhere on the ship, just by dialing your cabin number. Very helpful if you are traveling with children/teens, and they need to locate you quickly.

Also, the iconcierge app was a great way to stay in touch with all members of our party. Worked wonderfully with our cell phones and ipod touch.

Bathrobes in suite:

232323232%7Ffp54377%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D348887%3A349347nu0mrj

This had to be one of the most plush robes I have ever had on! Microfiber and the softest terrycloth. This robe was the equivalent of high thread count sheets. Such luxury! Wish I would have purchased one on the ship!

I must admit, it never occurred to me to take a photo of the robe, but I cropped this from one of my closet photos.

232323232%7Ffp734%3A%3B%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78984347nu0mrj

Misc. Suite Amenities:

Since there have been some dedicated threads posted here on these two subjects, thought I would add them to my review.

232323232%7Ffp54377%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C79%3A48347nu0mrj

The S6 comes with 1 cordless phone, which can be used throughout the ship. It is useful if you have family on board who will be in different locations. You carry the phone with you, and a caller can reach you anywhere on the ship, just by dialing your cabin number. Very helpful if you are traveling with children/teens, and they need to locate you quickly.

Also, the iconcierge app was a great way to stay in touch with all members of our party. Worked wonderfully with our cell phones and ipod touch.

Bathrobes in suite:

This had to be one of the most plush robes I have ever had on! Microfiber and the softest terrycloth. This robe was the equivalent of high thread count sheets. Such luxury! Wish I would have purchased one on the ship!

I must admit, it never occurred to me to take a photo of the robe, but I cropped this from one of my closet photos.

232323232%7Ffp734%3A%3B%3Enu%3D56%3A9%3E387%3E256%3EWSNRCG%3D3484%3C78984347nu0mrj

There are no words to explain how soft those robes are. Lol. :). Bliss.

I didn't even use the cordless phone. I totally forgot about it.

There are so many things that I wanted to utilize, experience etc and there just wasn't enough time. Maybe it was just me. :).

Love your review. :)

Misc. Suite Amenities:

Bathrobes in suite:

Thanks for the additional pics! As of right now, we do not know anyone else on our cruise but, the phone could come in handy when the kids are in the kids club. ;) because I'm under the assumption that pagers are not handed out anymore (or possibly never were)

Michelle,

It took me a while to find reviews of the Haven. I'm in an S6 on deck 13 leaving this Sunday. Any last minute advice? By the look of your closet space, I don't think I packed enough clothes to fill out.:rolleyes:(as my DH rolls his eyes)

Thank you!

Joanna

Michelle,

It took me a while to find reviews of the Haven. I'm in an S6 on deck 13 leaving this Sunday. Any last minute advice? By the look of your closet space, I don't think I packed enough clothes to fill out.:rolleyes:(as my DH rolls his eyes)

Thank you!

Joanna

Have a great cruise!!! Please let us know how you like the different layout. You will love that balcony. :). Once we saw that balcony, nothing else mattered. If you are portside, you can see the fireworks from your balcony. Only if your s6 is portside though. :(

Enjoy that S6.

Michelle,

Thank you!

Joanna

Only advice I have is to have a wonderful time, don't sweat the small stuff...and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask for it. Smooth Sailing and enjoy your suite!!! Please come back and tell us about your trip upon your return! :)

• 1 month later...