Barcelona Transfers

Sabbycat

Has anyone used a private transfer company in Barcelona to get from the airport to their hotel. I was on the Barcelona port page and found the following link that links to four transfer companies but their prices range from 44 euro to 100 euro for the exact same trip. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of them. (I am not sure if I can include all their names as found on link - is it against board rules? - so I have only included the link to be on the safe side.)

http://carolandbob.info/BARCELONA%20INDEX.html

Thanks, I appreciate any help posters on this board can provide.

Has anyone used a private transfer company in Barcelona to get from the airport to their hotel. I was on the Barcelona port page and found the following link that links to four transfer companies but their prices range from 44 euro to 100 euro for the exact same trip. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of them. (I am not sure if I can include all their names as found on link - is it against board rules? - so I have only included the link to be on the safe side.)

http://carolandbob.info/BARCELONA%20INDEX.html

Thanks, I appreciate any help posters on this board can provide.

I used Events XL and Barcelona Day Tours. They both provided excellent service.

Unless you have a large group and want to all fit into a single vehicle, or have a hotel in a distant area of the city, then I'd suggest just taking a taxi. 44 Euros is at the high end of what it will cost and even that would be with heavy traffic.

When we did the cruise from Barcelona a couple of years ago a taxi for 4 people with luggage cost us 24 Euros from airport to hotel 20 for us & 4 for luggage.

Our hotel was very close to Las Ramblas.

We used a taxi the first time we were there and got taken for a ride (literately), I think it was about 60 euro for two people, two suitcases from the airport to our hotel right next to the port; this is why we were thinking of trying a transfer company this time.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Depending on where your hotel is located, I'd highly suggest saving your money and taking the aerobus from placa de catalunya (or from the airport to placa de catalunya). It's very cost effective - and quite simple to use. We've used it twice now without issue. It all depends on your comfort level of getting around somewhere that you're not familiar with I suppose.

Depending on where your hotel is located, I'd highly suggest saving your money and taking the aerobus from placa de catalunya (or from the airport to placa de catalunya). It's very cost effective - and quite simple to use. We've used it twice now without issue. It all depends on your comfort level of getting around somewhere that you're not familiar with I suppose.

We, too, used the Aerobus to get from the airport to our hotel just of the Plaça de Catalunya. The buses were lined up at the airport, were inexpensive and seemed to be leaving every few minutes, so no crowding. There were luggage racks and the trip into town was quick and pleasant.

We took the Aerobus once. It really depends on how close your hotel is the stop (Placa Catalunya) and how much luggage you have and if you feel you'll be able to manage moving it all down the sidewalk and over curbs. We tend to travel heavy so we haven't been interested in the bus too often. But for those that travel light and don't have much luggage it is a decent option.

We took the Aerobus once. It really depends on how close your hotel is the stop (Placa Catalunya) and how much luggage you have and if you feel you'll be able to manage moving it all down the sidewalk and over curbs. We tend to travel heavy so we haven't been interested in the bus too often. But for those that travel light and don't have much luggage it is a decent option.

True. We stay a few blocks off the Placa de Catalunya, but we don't pack light lol. My 1 case is 50lbs (the max allowed LOL) and my carryon is probably another 20 (sssh don't tell the airlines lol). The hardest part for me is getting the luggage up/down from public transport in general on vacation.

We did a taxi - 35 euros but some of the ships had a set up in the luggage hall where you could pay 25 euro each to get on a coach transfer back to the airport.

We were not amused though on the way back - they are allocated as per the next car to next in line - we had 3 bags and 3 people and he needed to use the front seat for 2 cases as he could only put 1 in the trunk/boot so we had to squash in the back and 2 of our party are over 6ft 3

So lesson is refuse a small car

Archived