Hooray for Choice Air ! (Boo to RCI UK)

Called RCI UK today to ask something about Choice Air and was told UK guests don't have access to it (even though I have used it before ?!?!?!)

I wanted to sort out my flights from Texas back to the UK after disembarking the Navigator transatlantic in November.

In my 25 years of travelling extensively I have never been able to fly back to my local airport from a long haul destination as it has always been prohibitively expensive.

RCI UK Flights Dept - quoted me £867 ($1,326) for a one way flight per person, from Texas to Humberside airport in the UK (my local airport)

Choice Air - an AMAZING £231 ($353) for the same flight. Safe to say its now booked, paid for and I have my e ticket

(even though RCI UK tell UK guests they aren't able to use Choice Air)

Hooray ! :D :D :D We're flying into our local airport for the first time ever from a long haul destination

I assume you book your cruises with a US travel agent. Do you need a US address and a dollar denominated credit card to book with a US travel agent?

I book choice air direct in their website with a UK credit card and UK address.

I book my cruises usually with a US travel agent just using my UK sterling credit card and a UK address.

:-)

I book my cruises usually with a US travel agent just using my UK sterling credit card and a UK address.

Thanks, seems pretty straightforward.

Can I ask how easy it is to book with a US Travel Agent, how you found the agent in the first place and do you therefore get the sale offers that are available to the US passengers and not to us in the UK?

Many thanks :)

Good on you for getting a deal.

Need to look at Choice Air myself for next years jolly.

Just goes to show that "Rip off Britain" is still alive n well.

The list of things we get stiffed on is ridiculous eg

Price Drops.:mad:

Increased deposits.

Lost Deposits when changing bookings.

This is not just RCI but any Travel Agent / Tour Operator.

I have noticed here now in the UK the prices that the travels agents are giving me are identical to RCCL web prices they are saying that their hands are now tied

ticktoneer:: are you finding a big price difference with the US travel agent you use?

Can I ask how easy it is to book with a US Travel Agent, how you found the agent in the first place and do you therefore get the sale offers that are available to the US passengers and not to us in the UK?

I was also going to ask that but also are you covered if anything goes wrong?

I have just gone into the web-site but can't see an option anywhere to look for Choice Air. Did you use the RCCL.co.uk web-site? Every interested in this as I also thought it was just for non UK residents and am tired of the way we get ripped off.

Has anyone got the website for Choice Air for the US as I have googled it and not come up with anything. Are we allowed to ask for that on here?

I just googled it - Choice Air Royal Caribbean and it gave me links, clicked on the first one and it took me to the RCCL US site page for Choice Air.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=air_travel_programs

I have noticed here now in the UK the prices that the travels agents are giving me are identical to RCCL web prices they are saying that their hands are now tied

+1

The one on the telly on a Tuesday seems to be able to discount though.

+1

The one on the telly on a Tuesday seems to be able to discount though.

I never thought of the TV : are you allowed to tell which channel you find that on?

I used to book a few years ago when we could view them all on tele text do you remember pages 227 / 228 that was good

I really didn't know there was still cruises available on TV

It's really easy as long as you have a decent reliable travel agency company with a track record and good longevity in terms of how long the company has been in existence, so as to minimise risks of losing money etc. through insolvency or anything.

I get the US prices and offers, not the UK which out of 18 cruises have mostly been cheaper and the TA usually then gives various perks.

ticktoneer:: are you finding a big price difference with the US travel agent you use?

I don't always find a big price difference though the terms and conditions are much better - i.e.

- price drops will be matched

- no admin fees for name changes, sailing date changes etc.

- no loss of deposit before final payment date if you need to cancel

The TA usually also gives perks. I recently booked a B2B on Navigator of the Seas - a total spend of $2000 and was given $250 OBC, 2 speciality restaurant meals and wine in my stateroom on boarding.

I was also going to ask that but also are you covered if anything goes wrong?

You aren't covered like ABTA/ATOL cover us here but I balance the risk by choosing a travel agent with a good reputation that has been in existance for many years and is a large national company.

Also, you will have some over on your travel insurance if anything goes wrong and as long as you've paid by credit card, your card company will have dual liability to cover any losses.

I have just gone into the web-site but can't see an option anywhere to look for Choice Air. Did you use the RCCL.co.uk web-site? Every interested in this as I also thought it was just for non UK residents and am tired of the way we get ripped off.

i access it through Celebrity

http://www.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/home.do

Just comp shopped my flights already booked this summer LHR MIA. Choice coming out more expensive, even with stops in bizarre places like Zurich and Barcelona.

They aren't always cheaper but very often are.

They are especially good for one way flights if you do a transatlantic cruise.

Archived