Promenade stateroom

we have also had this type of cabin several times and really like them. like others have said the price is often very good.

there is a website that lets you drag the decks over each other to see what your cabin would be over on the promenade, which can be helpful.

we prefer deck 7 the best.[/Q

Are you allowed to tell us which site that is ?

Edited by travelling fools

We stayed in a Promenade cabin on Explorer. There wasn't a lot of noise from the promenade other than the parades and some music in the evening, but like others said that pretty much ended early.

HOWEVER, the cabin we were in was an adjoining cabin and I would never do that again. The door must be paper thin as we could hear EVERYTHING that our next door neighbors did and said and I'm sure they could hear us as well.

I would take a promenade cabin again, just not an adjoining one.

We're looking at 6623 as a possibility, had anyone stayed in this?

You will be above the Campagne bar. I have read that it can be noisy in that location... Rather go for a stateroom above the shops, unless you do not mind the noise.

13PortAft4_zps840c9d48.jpeg

We had a PR cabin on our IOS sailing last year and while it did save us a lot of money, never again. It was a beautiful cabin but it was much much too small for us and we like being able to open the curtain and see what the weather is like outside. A BIG thing for me is a larger bathroom with a tub so it is back to at least a Jr. suite for us. Also, we spend a lot of time on the Flowrider and there is simply not enough space in the PR cabin to hang up wet rash guards, boards shorts, swimsuits and wetsuits so they will dry for the next day.

I had accessible PR cabin #8315 on Freedom. It was wonderful! It suited my needs just fine. Also, Alpheus, the best cabin attendant Ive had yet was in charge of that cabin.

It had an extra chair in there that kinda made maneuvering around in a wheelchair a little tough but I just dealt with it instead of asking to have it removed.

No noise issues at all.

Edited by ryano

We mainly book a balcony but booked a PR on a last minute cruise. The cabin was very small but we did like having the two love seats. We were on 8 and any noise we heard was just muffled sounds, nothing that bothered us. We did miss not being able to see outside or just "step" outside. Would we do it again?? DH definitely not, I would if I were sailing solo or with a friend.

We were across from the pub once and it didn't really bother us. It was louder at times because of people carrying on but not a big deal. I am a light sleeper and normally manage to drift off without a problem in a PR. We've cruised 5 times and have had a PR 3 times. Have 2 connecting rooms booked for August. It is our preferred money saving cabin. We like deck 8 because the windows tilt down a little.

Thanks for the reassurance. I anticipate we will be fine and as always have a great cruise.:D

Some people like the Ben & Jerry's Sweet.

It comes with the concierge lounge and ice cream coupons.

The only ones we would avoid are the ones on deck 6 directly above the pub or the ones on deck 8 directly under, or near, the hot tubs. Both of these locations can be more noisy than others.

Aren't the hot tubs on deck 11? I would think having decks 9 and 10 between deck 8 and the hot tubs would be a sufficient buffer.

I agree about being directly above the pub -- unless of course you are a night owl and would be up anyway.

Edited by Jimnbigd

We're looking at 6623 as a possibility, had anyone stayed in this?

We stayed in this room in January. Never had a noise problem. Only objection I had, and it's a minor one, was it was more toward the end of the promenade than I preferred.

We booked a PR once -- when traveling with relatives and we were able to book cabins across the promenade from one another. That was fun! Since then we've been upgraded from Inside Guarantees to PR's twice. We now carry a couple bulldog clips in our travel bag for the curtains -- just in case we get one again, but getting those curtains to close exactly right is our only complaint.

Noise? Never anything that bothered us. We could hear some from the parade but that was to be expected. My wife enjoys the bay window sofa where she can sit and watch the action below. More space than an inside cabin.

Give me that upgrade anytime!

We are currently in 6253 connecting with our tween kids. So the connecting noise won't bother us but we are right above the lounge...anyone stayed in this one?

Mom in law paying for cruise and moving the room is not completely in my control as it affects 8 of the 18 people going and I am trying not to be "that girl". LOL.

Looking for another positive comment or two! :)

I've mainly seen good comments about these rooms so I'm sure you'll be fine. I have just checked and 6253 is over sorrentos I think and opposite the fashion boutique. Look at the pictures posted earlier in this thread. If you're not spending much time in the room anyway, it shouldn't matter.

We stayed last year in two promenade rooms on the Freedom on the 7th floor. We loved them. Our kids stayed in the connecting room. We liked looking out on the promenade. You can take a clothes clip to clip your curtains. Just a bit of noise from the parade and 70s show. I think our room was across from Cupcake Cupboard. For the price they were perfect for us.

Our family of four stayed in two adjoining PR cabins on the Mariner. We got 300 sq feet of room (150 x 2 cabins) for a wonderful price. Love the windows that overlook the promenade. We were on deck 7, which we felt was perfect.

It's also a fun cabin to entertain in, due to the built in seats underneath the windows. Sure does not feel like an inside cabin, that is for sure!

The only drawback was the noise. I was surprised that I could hear anything. BUT - like the other posters said, it fades around 11pm.

We loved it so much that we are doing the same thing on the Indy next January!

We've been in PR rooms 3 x -- most recently on Explorer, where we overlooked (across) Guest Services, on deck 6. Normally (we've done deck 8 on Adventure and Liberty) might not have chosen deck 6 (it was a serious bargain) but we found it was really convenient to MDR and Promenade. We had a little noise (music I guess) on the first night but mostly nothing bothered us.

We've also stayed in the CPV on Allure -- VERY QUIET for anyone considering the similar type room on Oasis class. There are very few PR rooms to choose from but several more CPV.

Sandy

We loved our PR stateroom on Explorer. The bay window seat adds extra seating space and makes the cabin feel more like a hotel room not an inside. The bed is on a side wall facing the other so you are not walking into a box with it facing you. Very open feeling even if space is smaller than a balcony.

Only heard music during parades. Great for people watching. The lights on the royal promenade changes with the time of day so it's darker at night even with the curtains not fully closed. Sit out on deck when you want to feel the wind and get some sun. Enjoy the extra money you save and spend it on something special onboard.

"We've also stayed in the CPV on Allure -- VERY QUIET for anyone considering the similar type room on Oasis class. There are very few PR rooms to choose from but several more CPV...."

Sandy, we have a CPV on Allure this fall. Is it pretty looking out the window at night? We plan to have cocktails and listen to music in Central Park before or after dinner each night.

Sandy, too.

MY DW and I had cabin 6327, looking at to the Champaigne Bar. We chose that room because it was close to the aft elevators. We didnt experience a lot of noise in our room at night. Besides I spent 20 years in the Navy and being on aircraft carriers noise has never bothered me.

We are sailing on the FOS again in Oct. and have the exact same room. We loved it.

• 1 month later...
What is below 8621. And

Across from it... on fos..

new to cruising. . first cruise March/2014... sencond August /2014

Looks like it is just cabins above, below and across. If you go to- cruisedecks dot com, you can check for all different cruise lines.

Edited by retiredgram

What is below 8621. And

Across from it... on fos..

new to cruising. . first cruise March/2014... sencond August /2014

You will be 3 decks above the champagne bar. You will have a view of guest services. Click this link for pictures of what is below and across :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1860809