So excited...I have an aft wraparound suite!!!!!

cruz chic

Just saw this thread .....how exciting.!!!! I am of the opinion all recovery from surgery should involve an aft wrap around suite .... just sayin' .;)

Best seat in the house Missy....enjoy every glorious moment.:)

Colleen ...

p.s. Glad the knee is feeling better.

I get enough of public transit at home:D. As much as I love the Tracy arm excursion I think I'll likely do the whale watching so I can enjoy my room more. The excursion is shorter. I'm really looking forward to eating in the Pinnacle for brekie. I generally eat in the MDR for brekie and sometimes in the morning it's just nice to be alone.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Pinnacle breakfast. We tried it a couple of times. I'd be ordering room service to eat on the aft wrap if the weather is nice :D

I don't blame you for wanting a shorter excursion this time. And there's not much knee-strain involved on the whale watch :D

Do you have plans for Sitka? To me, that is the highlight of this itinerary. DH and I were booked on this itin on the O-dam in September but we have cancelled.

I wanted to go back to Sitka, and DH wants to see Tracy Arm and Sitka. They are both special places, but to me Sitka is the more special .... if you miss Sitka you've missed the best part of the trip IMHO.

You probably already KNOW this, but I'll say it anyway. When you are approaching Sitka, abandon your aft wrap and find a public spot where you can watch as you move towards all the little islands that surround Sitka. Outstanding, beautiful, serene.

Just saw this thread .....how exciting.!!!! I am of the opinion all recovery from surgery should involve an aft wrap around suite .... just sayin' .;)

Best seat in the house Missy....enjoy every glorious moment.:)

Colleen ...

p.s. Glad the knee is feeling better.

Don't tell me I have to have surgery again to get a suite:D:p;). That will be a loud no.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Pinnacle breakfast. We tried it a couple of times. I'd be ordering room service to eat on the aft wrap if the weather is nice :D

I don't blame you for wanting a shorter excursion this time. And there's not much knee-strain involved on the whale watch :D

Do you have plans for Sitka? To me, that is the highlight of this itinerary. DH and I were booked on this itin on the O-dam in September but we have cancelled.

I wanted to go back to Sitka, and DH wants to see Tracy Arm and Sitka. They are both special places, but to me Sitka is the more special .... if you miss Sitka you've missed the best part of the trip IMHO.

You probably already KNOW this, but I'll say it anyway. When you are approaching Sitka, abandon your aft wrap and find a public spot where you can watch as you move towards all the little islands that surround Sitka. Outstanding, beautiful, serene.

Good tip about Sitka. I don't think I'll do a shorex there. I don't want to have something booked for every port. While I'm not a fan of being at home I'm pretty sure going back to work is going to kill me. I'll be ready for a bit of relaxing by August.

Good tip about Sitka. I don't think I'll do a shorex there. I don't want to have something booked for every port. While I'm not a fan of being at home I'm pretty sure going back to work is going to kill me. I'll be ready for a bit of relaxing by August.

There's a good HoHo bus in Sitka. St. Michael's is worth a visit. There is a raptor rehab centre (on the hoho bus route). The Sitka Nat'l Park (also on the hoho route) has lovely totems. I've heard the Legion serves a great lunch.

I am looking for a link to the bus route. Most of this ^^^ is fairly walkable, unless one is recovering from knee surgery.

There's a good HoHo bus in Sitka. St. Michael's is worth a visit. There is a raptor rehab centre (on the hoho bus route). The Sitka Nat'l Park (also on the hoho route) has lovely totems. I've heard the Legion serves a great lunch.

I am looking for a link to the bus route. Most of this ^^^ is fairly walkable, unless one is recovering from knee surgery.

That sounds like a good plan. I'm hoping by then I'll be back to my normal or almost normal self so I would be able to walk a fair bit.

Congrats!! We did an aft wrap on Westerdam a few years ago for our 10th anniversary and LOVED it. We have gone back to balcony and even ocean view with no trouble, but do have an aft wrap on Zuiderdam for the Panama Canal in October.

You'll love it!!

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good plan. I'm hoping by then I'll be back to my normal or almost normal self so I would be able to walk a fair bit.

We had an aft wrap on our last cruise and really enjoyed it. However, there is alot of walking involved and it was hard on me due to leg issues, so I hope you are healed by then.

We had an aft wrap on our last cruise and really enjoyed it. However, there is alot of walking involved and it was hard on me due to leg issues, so I hope you are healed by then.

Me too. I thought recovery from the surgery was going to be a lot easier than this. I hope I'll be able to say I'm glad I did this sooner rather than later. I'm so not there yet.

Had a thought, and decided to share it. Since the soap on HAL is so disgusting now, find yourself a really nice scented soap. Super expensive, that really appeals to you. Take it with you on your SUITE cruise and then, once home, use that specific scent of soap when you need to feel that you are "escaping" :D For me, scent triggers incredibly powerful memories. After I got stalked by elk, and walked into the grizzly, I came home and showered with an Elemis bar that I still had. For a few minutes, I escaped back to a HAL ship.

So if scent triggers memories for you, create a "scent memory" of your SUITE cruise and invoke it when you need to escape reality for a bit :)

Had a thought, and decided to share it. Since the soap on HAL is so disgusting now, find yourself a really nice scented soap. Super expensive, that really appeals to you. Take it with you on your SUITE cruise and then, once home, use that specific scent of soap when you need to feel that you are "escaping" :D For me, scent triggers incredibly powerful memories. After I got stalked by elk, and walked into the grizzly, I came home and showered with an Elemis bar that I still had. For a few minutes, I escaped back to a HAL ship.

So if scent triggers memories for you, create a "scent memory" of your SUITE cruise and invoke it when you need to escape reality for a bit :)

Good idea. Thx.

Last night I received an upsell for my August 18th cruise. I usually book thru a ta so I've only received one before. I was super surprised to get it this early and the price was pretty reasonable. Ever since I've seen one of these wrap around suites I've wished for one but I just couldn't justify the price. It's been a pretty sucky couple of weeks for me so I'm really pumped about having my first Neptune suite:D. Thank you Hal. Ya done good.

Wonderful news.

Congratulations.

Oosterdam Pinnacle Grill breakfast is a very pleasant experience.

Best wishes for continuing progress with the healing of your knee.

we had one of those balconies on the zuiderdam. We had the lowest floor level and it was divine. The only onlookers were the folks in the cabin directly above us. The space was to die for. We spent 75% of our time on that balcony. That was one of our best experiences cruising. The service was up a notch, the perks were great. Bathrobes, neptune, priority boarding, pinnacle, concierge, cappacinos in the eptune (not sure if still offered). Priority tender boarding and that glorious balcony..loungers, wicker chairs with foot rests and a table for 4. Shade on one side, sun on the other. The cabin is a little tighter than other suites because of the balcony. GREAT TRADE OFF.

Lorene

Wow, I am completely jealous--you lucky dog!! Even if knee surgery is the price to pay, I'd be in :D

Was your first wrap around experience on the Canal cruise 2 years ago? (Westerdam??). One of the folks who offered their cabin for the wine crawl had one (Betty??). I do remember talking to you about how nice the cabin was.

Hope you have a great time--August is just around the corner!

ML

Lorene

Wow, I am completely jealous--you lucky dog!! Even if knee surgery is the price to pay, I'd be in :D

Was your first wrap around experience on the Canal cruise 2 years ago? (Westerdam??). One of the folks who offered their cabin for the wine crawl had one (Betty??). I do remember talking to you about how nice the cabin was.

Hope you have a great time--August is just around the corner!

ML

Yes, that was the cabin that I loved so much. Even better than the penthouse. I think her name was Kathy. I have such a bad memory. I can't say that I would want to go thru this again to get this suite. It sucks to much. I drove briefly this morning and will this afternoon to go to physio. I was very nervous because its my driving leg. Baring any problems I should be back at work on Monday.

Yes, that was the cabin that I loved so much. Even better than the penthouse. I think her name was Kathy. I have such a bad memory. I can't say that I would want to go thru this again to get this suite. It sucks to much. I drove briefly this morning and will this afternoon to go to physio. I was very nervous because its my driving leg. Baring any problems I should be back at work on Monday.

Yeah, that's was her name--Kathy. Your should be a close approximation of that one. If we had a cabin like that for Alaska, I wouldn't leave, even for meals!! I am so excited for you. I wish we were going too, so we could "help" you enjoy it ;)

Black Sea is next for us and most of our planning (and major costs) are done. Final payment was about 2 weeks ago and we managed to snag a $1K RT each airfare. Not great but a lot less than I thought we would have to pay! We arrive in Athens at about 9:30 am and we are seriously considering using the metro to get to our hotel that day. It is located very close to a metro stop and we think it would be a fun way to stay awake and start our tour of Athens!!

Hope the knee starts improving by leaps and bounds soon

ML

Yeah, that's was her name--Kathy. Your should be a close approximation of that one. If we had a cabin like that for Alaska, I wouldn't leave, even for meals!! I am so excited for you. I wish we were going too, so we could "help" you enjoy it ;)

Black Sea is next for us and most of our planning (and major costs) are done. Final payment was about 2 weeks ago and we managed to snag a $1K RT each airfare. Not great but a lot less than I thought we would have to pay! We arrive in Athens at about 9:30 am and we are seriously considering using the metro to get to our hotel that day. It is located very close to a metro stop and we think it would be a fun way to stay awake and start our tour of Athens!!

Hope the knee starts improving by leaps and bounds soon

ML

That airfare sounds pretty reasonable.

I think you should join me on my cruise. I'd be happy to have you hang out in my suite. Leave hubby at home if he doesn't have the holiday time:D.

Archived