So excited...I have an aft wraparound suite!!!!!

cruz chic

If we knew what recovery was going to be like before we went into these types of things, we never would go into these types of things. ;)

That's likely true. I'm sure at some point this will be a blip on the radar screen. I can only hope this will be the worst thing that happens to me.

I think I'm likely just being impatient. I went to a dr in my neighbourhood this morning to check my incision. Other then some of the dissolving stitches not dissolving he said that I'm doing fine since it hasn't been long. I just expected I'd be back to my exercise regime quickly after. The physiotherapist said its going to take 2 to 4months to recover. I just wish I would have known this going in instead of hearing everyone is different.

I'm going to go back to work on Monday and my employer has provided me with a parking pass and I'm very grateful for that. Parking in downtown calgary is $30 a day.

Thx KK, I appreciate your concern.

I know what you mean.

I have avoided knee replacements for about 10 years. I know that it is a long recuperation time period and I couldn't handle being in a nursing home for 3 months. Besides, I am the main driver in this house.

Hang in there -- soon it will be all over.

I know what you mean.

I have avoided knee replacements for about 10 years. I know that it is a long recuperation time period and I couldn't handle being in a nursing home for 3 months. Besides, I am the main driver in this house.

Hang in there -- soon it will be all over.

After this I'd be very reluctant to getting a replacement done should it ever come to that. I've been divorced for a long time and I'm usually pretty ok with it. This has been the first time I've ever wished that I had someone around the house to help me or to drive somewhere. My parents and sister have been great but my dad is the only one that drives and he's getting old. I don't like to ask him much.

After this I'd be very reluctant to getting a replacement done should it ever come to that. I've been divorced for a long time and I'm usually pretty ok with it. This has been the first time I've ever wished that I had someone around the house to help me or to drive somewhere. My parents and sister have been great but my dad is the only one that drives and he's getting old. I don't like to ask him much.

Wish I was there to drive you around. Then you could bring me along to share your wraparound cabin:D;)

ML

Wish I was there to drive you around. Then you could bring me along to share your wraparound cabin:D;)

ML

That sound like a fair trade. I've been out all day. It's been nice to leave the house for several hours. Not looking forward to work on Monday,

Did you go to the Stampede?

No, that would have killed me for sure. I went over to my parents house for lunch and then my sister and I went to a couple of neighbourhood stores. Came home and had a visit from "my puppy" who is really my brothers dog that I love. He is 6 so not a puppy either. We went out for dinner then I came home. I haven't been to the stampede grounds or a couple of years. I can't stand all the people and it would be way too much walking. Would also have to take a bus down there and that's another no no for me right now.

No, that would have killed me for sure. I went over to my parents house for lunch and then my sister and I went to a couple of neighbourhood stores. Came home and had a visit from "my puppy" who is really my brothers dog that I love. He is 6 so not a puppy either. quote=lorekauf;39039777]

PUPPY!!! SO, I totally knew if you liked animals i'd like you tooo!

WOOT!!! Animal therapy is what you need....Then a HAL cruise in an SC...

Wowzer, you will be ready in no time!!!

I called our most recent rescue (that we kept) dog, (3 yrs) PUPPY!!!, till we had a name for her...

Or friends little girl loved saying "PUPPY!!!!!" When she saw her. She is NOT a puppy. All of our dogs are big...

Watch u will be better soon... Just know it.

No, that would have killed me for sure. I went over to my parents house for lunch and then my sister and I went to a couple of neighbourhood stores. Came home and had a visit from "my puppy" who is really my brothers dog that I love. He is 6 so not a puppy either. quote=lorekauf;39039777]

PUPPY!!! SO, I totally knew if you liked animals i'd like you tooo!

WOOT!!! Animal therapy is what you need....Then a HAL cruise in an SC...

Wowzer, you will be ready in no time!!!

I called our most recent rescue (that we kept) dog, (3 yrs) PUPPY!!!, till we had a name for her...

Or friends little girl loved saying "PUPPY!!!!!" When she saw her. She is NOT a puppy. All of our dogs are big...

Watch u will be better soon... Just know it.

Reggie (my puppy) has been thru a ton. Last summer my brother went to take Reggie for his usual walk. Reggie wasn't moving. He was paralized. My brother decided to let the vet operate even though it was very expensive. He worked with Reggie to get him back to health. I adore him and he loves me too. He's an adorable French bulldog. When I was normal I'd get on the floor with him. I think he's wondering what is wrong with me lately. Hopefully those days will come sooner rather than later.

That sound like a fair trade. I've been out all day. It's been nice to leave the house for several hours. Not looking forward to work on Monday,

glad you were able to get out a bit, might take your mind off the knee and impending work on Monday. Are you worried about work becasue you think it will be hard to move about or just because it's work?!

Reggie (my puppy) has been thru a ton. Last summer my brother went to take Reggie for his usual walk. Reggie wasn't moving. He was paralized. My brother decided to let the vet operate even though it was very expensive. He worked with Reggie to get him back to health. I adore him and he loves me too. He's an adorable French bulldog. When I was normal I'd get on the floor with him. I think he's wondering what is wrong with me lately. Hopefully those days will come sooner rather than later.

you were normal??:D Sorry, I couldn't resist writing this!!

just kidding...

ML

It will happen soon! Probably on a Dam ship. :)

So lucky, our little pit bull Dot, was so horribly sick and had some crazy surgeries, and we were lucky enough to have VPI Pet Insurance. They paid everything but the $200 yearly deductable.

glad you were able to get out a bit, might take your mind off the knee and impending work on Monday. Are you worried about work becasue you think it will be hard to move about or just because it's work?!

you were normal??:D Sorry, I couldn't resist writing this!!

just kidding...

ML

I'm worried about work because its going to be hard to sit up all day. I'm going to also be working on a special high profile project and I'm worried about my brain power. I'm also nervous about driving into the downtown core and finding the parking spot the company has for me. I'm just a major worrier period. It will only be a 4 day work week for me (hopefully) so that will help. I'm still not sleeping that well.

It will happen soon! Probably on a Dam ship. :)

So lucky, our little pit bull Dot, was so horribly sick and had some crazy surgeries, and we were lucky enough to have VPI Pet Insurance. They paid everything but the $200 yearly deductable.

I think my brother wished he had purchased pet insurance. It's too late now or it would be even more pricy than usual.

Lorekauf, congratulations on the wrap around balcony! We lived out there on the Westerdam last February. We loved it so much. My husband, who had double knee replacement about two years prior, said we should have booked the wraparound as part of his recovery! Enjoy every minute of it and I wish your knee surgery recovery gets better for you. Best wishes,

coka

Lorekauf, congratulations on the wrap around balcony! We lived out there on the Westerdam last February. We loved it so much. My husband, who had double knee replacement about two years prior, said we should have booked the wraparound as part of his recovery! Enjoy every minute of it and I wish your knee surgery recovery gets better for you. Best wishes,

coka

Thank you. So far today it feels better then it has. Feel like I've turned the corner. I've been taking it pretty easy today only doing my physio exercises and a couple of other things. Back to work tomorrow so morning is going to come early.

Thank you. So far today it feels better then it has. Feel like I've turned the corner. I've been taking it pretty easy today only doing my physio exercises and a couple of other things. Back to work tomorrow so morning is going to come early.

Work tomorrow! Omg. Please tell us how it went!

Yes, all the best on your recovery.:) We leave tomorrow, will be away about a month, so I'm sure I'll be in touch when we get back to discuss what you want to do in Victoria! :)

Sounds good. Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Well I made it here by 6:25am. All I can say is it's a good thing I'm not getting paid by the amount of output I generate:D.

Is it possible to ease back into work gently, like by starting part-time??? Going straight back to full time, especially starting on a Monday, is rough.

Is it possible to ease back into work gently, like by starting part-time??? Going straight back to full time, especially starting on a Monday, is rough.

I suppose it might but my vaycay time is slowly going to be prorated away. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is:eek:. I'm ok and it will only be a four day work week for me. It's pouring rain here again and there has been enough damage already.

Archived