Balcony sizes on New Ships??

missdenise

I have been doing some research on Balcony sizes on some of the newer ships.

Can this possibly be correct?

Princess Royal - 30 sq ft

NCL Breakaway - 20 sq ft

How can you have a dinner on the balcony that size? What is the reasoning behind this? Are people OK with it?

I have been doing some research on Balcony sizes on some of the newer ships.

Can this possibly be correct?

Princess Royal - 30 sq ft

NCL Breakaway - 20 sq ft

How can you have a dinner on the balcony that size? What is the reasoning behind this? Are people OK with it?

If correct, both sizes you report are very small. Breakaway borders on non-functional. RCI, for instance, has their standard balcony room balconies (depending on ship) ranging from about 40 sq. ft. to 65 sq. ft. For their newer ships, Oasis is 53 sq. ft., and not yet launched Quantum is 65 sq. ft. Suites are of course significantly larger. The Royal Loft Suite's balcony on Oasis is 874 sq. ft.

Eating on the balcony isn't all it's cracked up to be! The tables aren't "dining" size...and the wind can be pretty annoying unless you are close to the cabin wall! I guess they don't expect folks to do much more than ocean gaze or read out there.

I was using dinning on the balcony as just a reference as to whether it would even be possible with these balcony sizes. I got this information from,

cruisedeckplans.com.

@leaveitallbehind - Yes, my though - not even functional.

@scrapnana - thanks for that thread. I did a general search not just for Princess.

I might need to re-evaluate our plans as to which ship for our 2014 NE/C cruise.

I just came off the Princess Sapphire and the balcony was huge. The biggest I have ever had.

Eating on the balcony isn't all it's cracked up to be! The tables aren't "dining" size...and the wind can be pretty annoying unless you are close to the cabin wall!
Tough to get too far from the cabin wall on a balcony that size. :p

Archived